Crooked Home button on the Note 3 - are you affected?

Is your Note 3 button moving around and gets crooked?

• Yes

Votes: 149 62.9%
  • No

Votes: 88 37.1%

• Total voters

Archon810

Feb 19, 2010
Oakland
My AT&T Note 3 has so much play in the Home button that you could literally move it around with your thumb and it would end up being crooked horizontally in different ways.

It's been driving me nuts today since I noticed. I can have the right side be higher than the left side or lower, that's how shoddy +Samsung Mobile's manufacturing is.

Here, I made a GIF:

Looks like I'm not alone: http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...key-button-moves-spen-isnt-easy-take-out.html.

Does anyone here have the same problem? If you want to test it on your Note 3, just use your finger or fingernail and try pushing the left side of the button up and the right side down. Then do the reverse. Mine feels like it's almost going to fall off.

Edit: just posted it on AP http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/1...-note-3-home-button-did-anyone-qc-this-thing/

Last edited:
Reactions: dnanj

MohJee

Nov 3, 2012
My home button is the same and I have the international snapdragon version bought here in the middle east.

Doesn't bother me much though. Is the note 3 your first samsung phone ?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Ather

force70

Jan 27, 2012
toronto
My home button is the same and I have the international snapdragon version bought here in the middle east.

No sir..I still have an S3,S4 and Note 2

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda premium

Pawnty

Sep 30, 2010
Regina, Canada
Just got my note 3 yesterday and thought the home button was crooked, then when I looked again later it was fine so I figured I was imagining things. Now I see it move. Uhhgg....

MohJee

Nov 3, 2012

I think it's safe to assume every note 3 has it. A new note3 will probably have the same issue unless it was manufactured in a different batch that corrects it, which is unlikely at this point. The reason I asked if this is your first samsung device is because samsung is known not to be really big on quality control in their manufacturing process, as they manufacture millions of devices from TVs to phones to all sorts of other appliances, and having strict QC process would slow their production process (This is just my reasoning anyway). My point is this shouldn't come as a shock to anyone unless this is the first samsung device they acquire. My last two phones were samsung and they both had their share of craftsmanship defects.

chdrummerdude

Sep 30, 2009
I have an att note 3 mines loose to but not crooked at least. It doesn't bother me really.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Ry2mkk

Sep 8, 2012
I noticed this on my white UK model... Trying to not let it bother me... Isn't working.... Will be falling up three next week for replacement!!