Cross-Flash Oreo or Pie firmwares for all LG G7, G7+ dual sim Thinq except t-mobile

Search This thread

Mikibuss

Dec 21, 2020
Hello Everyone,I am using G7 korean version 710N with only one sim working.Can i crossflash with another version so that dual sim can work and if its possible which version?

Hello,
I'm having a big issue with this cross flashing method. I have the Verizon variant of the LG G7 and after successfully cross flashing to Android 10 Canada I cannot get data, calls, or texts on the Verizon network to work. I am not sure if it just didn't activate itself or if I need to add a custom APN or something to get the phone to connect to Verizon again. I hope that I can fix this issue!

Same here.

gdeepp

Apr 12, 2014
hello every one was flash verizon g7 to G710EMW30a_00_0829 after flash it show 5g band selction ...but again flash androi 9 not show 5g in rat again flash android 10 it showe as picture

Attachments

• Capture+_2021-03-23-08-01-35.png
    Capture+_2021-03-23-08-01-35.png
    155.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Capture+_2021-03-23-08-01-44.png
    Capture+_2021-03-23-08-01-44.png
    279 KB · Views: 32
  • Capture+_2021-03-23-08-02-17.png
    Capture+_2021-03-23-08-02-17.png
    268.5 KB · Views: 33

Nikelios

Aug 20, 2018
Thank you for the guide, recently bought secondhand LG G7 ThinQ Korean variant (G710N) that comes with Android 8, updated it to Android 10 for G710N firmware through LGUP, went smooth but after setting it up, I encounter an issue where it doesn't have VoLTE while my carrier had cut off support for below 4G networks since years ago and I can only receive and make calls through VoLTE.

Found out on youtube, somebody showing their LG G7 with G710EMW Android 10 having Field Test option in hidden menu. My G710N doesn't have it and there's a very specific way for the phone to have VoLTE activated by configuring something within the Field Test. so I decided to grab the newest G710EMW firmware (Android 10) which was meant for Australian variant. After that, I crossflashed my G710N to G710EMW.

After successfully doing that, the Field Test option actually shows up there, so I can get VoLTE to finally work and easily be toggled on or off through the network settings.

If somebody encountered the same case as I am, basically if you want volte, firstly make sure the rom got "Field Test" option when accessing Hidden Menu, go to Universal Enabler option, select "New Entry", tick the boxes of VoLTE, ViLTE, VoWifi, ViWifi, press "Confirm", and reboot. In the end, that VoLTE icon on the status bar and VoLTE on off toggle in the network settings should be visible and you can actually make and receive phone calls.

audietron25

Oct 31, 2019
LG G7 ThinQ
Thank you for the guide, recently bought secondhand LG G7 ThinQ Korean variant (G710N) that comes with Android 8, updated it to Android 10 for G710N firmware through LGUP, went smooth but after setting it up, I encounter an issue where it doesn't have VoLTE while my carrier had cut off support for below 4G networks since years ago and I can only receive and make calls through VoLTE.

Found out on youtube, somebody showing their LG G7 with G710EMW Android 10 having Field Test option in hidden menu. My G710N doesn't have it and there's a very specific way for the phone to have VoLTE activated by configuring something within the Field Test. so I decided to grab the newest G710EMW firmware (Android 10) which was meant for Australian variant. After that, I crossflashed my G710N to G710EMW.

After successfully doing that, the Field Test option actually shows up there, so I can get VoLTE to finally work and easily be toggled on or off through the network settings.

If somebody encountered the same case as I am, basically if you want volte, firstly make sure the rom got "Field Test" option when accessing Hidden Menu, go to Universal Enabler option, select "New Entry", tick the boxes of VoLTE, ViLTE, VoWifi, ViWifi, press "Confirm", and reboot. In the end, that VoLTE icon on the status bar and VoLTE on off toggle in the network settings should be visible and you can actually make and receive phone calls.
That's interesting to hear. There was some discussion about using the "Universal Enabler" menu for activating VoLTE on G8/V50's in the Telegram group a few weeks ago. I think only a handful of G7 users tried it with mixed results. You should make a post about it since I'm sure there's a bit of interest.

Just a headsup, if anyone has access to the Field Test but not "Universal Enabler", create a folder in your internal storage called "enable_ue".

Top Liked Posts