[Crossflash] - AT&T V405UA10 to Korean V409NUA

Search This thread

cloud1250000

Jul 4, 2011
Ottawa
Yes u need to change the cust.prop in OP. Change the target region country to US (from KR) and same for target country. Change language prop to en_US.

Additionally, change featureset prop to OPENUS from OPENKR.

these changes disable most KR elements in firmware, most noticeably dual clock and call recording in dialer. They **may** also enable volte if supported by carrier.

This is from nice guy Neo on tele group who's played with this much more than I have ;)

Cheers

Oh yeah, lol, just remembered, the main reason I was asking for the info above was to get the 'field test' selection (so you can select LTE bands) in the SVC Menu from dialer. By default, it doesn't show up, but above changes fixes that also.

did you still do this on your last flash? would you mind sharing every modification you made :)

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
did you still do this on your last flash? would you mind sharing every modification you made :)

those mentioned are basically the only mods I've made. They do enable volte but not vowifi, haven't been able to get that to work. After the above changes, it's really about the same as a US Op a10 would be (which should be available eventually).

the only other thing I've done is use magisk module for a buffer fix, which then allows 7.x gcam mods to work. The 7.x gcams have astrophotography, which is pretty cool.

Reactions: abokamel

cloud1250000

Jul 4, 2011
Ottawa
those mentioned are basically the only mods I've made. They do enable volte but not vowifi, haven't been able to get that to work. After the above changes, it's really about the same as a US Op a10 would be (which should be available eventually).

the only other thing I've done is use magisk module for a buffer fix, which then allows 7.x gcam mods to work. The 7.x gcams have astrophotography, which is pretty cool.

I'm a ?proud? v35 owner and honestly do not have a shred of hope for a USOPEN a10 :)

I assume the buffer fix is on the telegram! thanks!

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
I'm a ?proud? v35 owner and honestly do not have a shred of hope for a USOPEN a10 :)

I assume the buffer fix is on the telegram! thanks!

Well, for anyone reading this thread, some good news.

I don't know when / if there will be a USOPEN a10, I would think there would be eventually, I mean if LG announces that the V40 will get 10, I'm assuming they mean all the variants right? Anyone ever heard of them (or any mfg) only doing **some** of the variants and not others?

ANYWAY! There is a way to make the Korean V409N behave about the same, and have the same features, as the US Open would. I just copied the OPEN_US (from qa Pie version) folder into the OEM directory of the V409N. There's one cfg file you have to change in that OEM OP directory to point to the new OPEN_US (instead of OPEN_KR).

So now, both vowifi and volte work just as they do on US Open Pie, pretty awesome :) The only downside I've seen so far, a simple one is that the messaging app (korean) disappears, but easily replaced with the google msg app, and the 'carrier aggregation' that the KR is gone, so back to a 'normal' signal strength indication.

So, essentially, it's more or less exactly what I'd expect if there was a us_op Q version. very cool.

cheers

cloud1250000

Jul 4, 2011
Ottawa
no luck on my side.. maybe because i replaced the common folder too imma try without\

edit.. nop no luck, it just doesn't get past lg logo

edit2.. followed what you said on telegram, its working, phone behave exactly like the v35 open us pie. no more shutter sound when using the camera too.

edit3.. this removes pretty much any bloatware lol so if you love qmemo, install it before doing the conversion.. also.. lg smart world doesnt work on open_us lol

Last edited:

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
So, my bad, I was kind of excited when I made the first post about this, didn't mention every detail, was just happy to have vowifi and volte working properly!

To get this to work, a few things are necessary. You of course need Korean Open running on your device. It needs to be rooted and vbmeta disabled. You also need a root file explorer. Additionally, you need the OPEN_US folder from a device running US Open Pie (I'll provide gdrive share link).

1) With the root file explorer, copy the provided OPEN_US folder into directory ROOT/OEM/OP (you'll also see in this directory a folder called OPEN_KR).
2) Also in this directory you'll find a file called cust_path_mapping.cfg, edit this file to point to OPEN_US (instead of OPEN_KR)
3) Rename the OPEN_KR folder to something like OPEN_KR_ori (if you decide you'd prefer to delete it, be certain to back it up first).

reboot

That's pretty much it. Vowifi and Volte will work as expected, but, be aware, for both of those to work, your carrier and sim must be capable of them. Doing the above only makes the Device capable of them, if your carrier and sim aren't provisioned for them, the above changes will make no difference at all. And don't forget, some carriers restrict these abilities to only **their** devices.

This is the link for OPEN_US folder. It's from Pie, but it still works. About 75 meg in size (zipped).

cheers

Reactions: poixninja

poixninja

Nov 15, 2012
LG V50 ThinQ
So, my bad, I was kind of excited when I made the first post about this, didn't mention every detail, was just happy to have vowifi and volte working properly!

To get this to work, a few things are necessary. You of course need Korean Open running on your device. It needs to be rooted and vbmeta disabled. You also need a root file explorer. Additionally, you need the OPEN_US folder from a device running US Open Pie (I'll provide gdrive share link).

1) With the root file explorer, copy the provided OPEN_US folder into directory ROOT/OEM/OP (you'll also see in this directory a folder called OPEN_KR).
2) Also in this directory you'll find a file called cust_path_mapping.cfg, edit this file to point to OPEN_US (instead of OPEN_KR)
3) Rename the OPEN_KR folder to something like OPEN_KR_ori (if you decide you'd prefer to delete it, be certain to back it up first).

reboot

That's pretty much it. Vowifi and Volte will work as expected, but, be aware, for both of those to work, your carrier and sim must be capable of them. Doing the above only makes the Device capable of them, if your carrier and sim aren't provisioned for them, the above changes will make no difference at all. And don't forget, some carriers restrict these abilities to only **their** devices.

This is the link for OPEN_US folder. It's from Pie, but it still works. About 75 meg in size (zipped).

cheers
Any chance you can write up a short guide to disabling vbmeta? I'm usually pretty savvy but im new-ish to a/b & verity stuff... no need for a ton of detail..

Thanks in advance

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Any chance you can write up a short guide to disabling vbmeta? I'm usually pretty savvy but im new-ish to a/b & verity stuff... no need for a ton of detail..

Thanks in advance

Oh that's an easy one. First and always be sure to do this, save the original vbmeta_a image. Simplest way would be to use qfil. Then you flash an image (I'll put it on my gdrive later and provide a link) called vbmeta_blank. That's all there is to it.

flashing the blank vbmeta could easily be done with the eng abl - fastboot.

cheers

So here's a link to my gdrive folder that has vbmeta blank image and a txt file containing the command to fastboot flash it. Be sure to follow what's in the text file.

Last edited:
Reactions: poixninja

Gabriel51

May 10, 2008
xda Texas
I flashed my v405ua (ATT) to the V405EBW30b_00_OPEN_EU_DS_OP_0806.kdz in an effort to get rid of the start-up error (current version) but the error still remains. Now I'm unable to flash back or to any other Kdz file, I get this notice Not support cross model download.
What can I do to fix this? Thanks

poixninja

Nov 15, 2012
LG V50 ThinQ
Oh that's an easy one. First and always be sure to do this, save the original vbmeta_a image. Simplest way would be to use qfil. Then you flash an image (I'll put it on my gdrive later and provide a link) called vbmeta_blank. That's all there is to it.

cheers

So here's a link to my gdrive folder that has vbmeta blank image and a txt file containing the command to fastboot flash it. Be sure to follow what's in the text file.
Thanks! i actually ended up figuring it out before you got a chance to reply, i did pretty much that, except the vbmeta i used was made by taking the one from the phone, removing the OP related stuff using hxd, and reflashing that.. hacky? probably, but it worked

abokamel

Nov 21, 2008
Suez
I flashed my v405ua (ATT) to the V405EBW30b_00_OPEN_EU_DS_OP_0806.kdz in an effort to get rid of the start-up error (current version) but the error still remains. Now I'm unable to flash back or to any other Kdz file, I get this notice Not support cross model download.
What can I do to fix this? Thanks
you may use this working LGUP that supporting flash any other kdz.download

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Hi @camray00, so to continue this discussion...

This is the boot partition to use, it's the 30e boot with twrp installed. The way this should be done is a fresh lgup the kdz, go to qfil and flash this boot partition, then use the correct key combo to exit qfil and go directly to recovery (this twrp).

then format data, reboot to recovery, flash magisk and dm-verity.

Should be all set with that part then. The next thing would be to flash a blank vb_meta, so
follow this link and be sure to read the txt file to get the command correct.

post back here if u have any further questions. Cheers

Reactions: abokamel

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
I can't flash the vbmeta through fastboot either. I get the same error. Can I flash it through qfil?

Okay, I'd have to guess you're not using the v35 eng abl then? If you were using that there should be no reason it can't flash the vbmeta blank as the txt file says.

Assuming that's correct, what many do is put the v35 eng abl on the 'b' slot (whichever one is inactive). Then in twrp set active slot to 'b' and then select reboot bootloader. Then you'll have the full fledged fastboot. Make the vbmeta change (to 'a') and then use fastboot to set 'a' active and reboot.

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
I did everything right, and lineage 18 bootloops.

so we're talking about a different issue now right? Did the vbmeta change work? If so, you would have then been using A10 Kr Open?

Now you're talking about an issue with lineage 10? There's a different procedure to get lineage up and running, not even mentioned or discussed in this thread...

Doing what we were talking about prior has nothing to do with getting lineage working...

camray00

Mar 7, 2020
so we're talking about a different issue now right? Did the vbmeta change work? If so, you would have then been using A10 Kr Open?

Now you're talking about an issue with lineage 10? There's a different procedure to get lineage up and running, not even mentioned or discussed in this thread...

Doing what we were talking about prior has nothing to do with getting lineage working...
Everything worked that you told me, including the vbmeta. A10 Kr Open works properly. I was trying to get Android 11 working because my family all bought the v40 and I want to be able to perfect the process before I upgrade theirs.

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Everything worked that you told me, including the vbmeta. A10 Kr Open works properly. I was trying to get Android 11 working because my family all bought the v40 and I want to be able to perfect the process before I upgrade theirs.

Hey cool, I understand. But this thread is for the 409N stuff. The lineage threads are in the rom sections and you'll find much more info / help there.

I can tell you one thing that, prior to other comments you've made, may be important; lineage / aosp roms on the LG phones don't have vowifi or volte. You may not have a critical need for those, but with 3g going away in the States, for us that means it's a non-starter, unfortunately.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

reboot

cheers

Thanks in advance

cheers

Hi @camray00, so to continue this discussion...

This is the boot partition to use, it's the 30e boot with twrp installed. The way this should be done is a fresh lgup the kdz, go to qfil and flash this boot partition, then use the correct key combo to exit qfil and go directly to recovery (this twrp).

then format data, reboot to recovery, flash magisk and dm-verity.

Should be all set with that part then. The next thing would be to flash a blank vb_meta, so
    follow this link and be sure to read the txt file to get the command correct.

post back here if u have any further questions. Cheers
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone