CRT Animation [WORKING]

Search This thread

MikeJ92YJ

Jul 21, 2011
That Was Cool Everything Was Fine Until Reboot, And Then It Just Sat At The Motorola Logo...Gonna Nandroid Back And Try Again...:confused:

Edit: I'll Try To Flash That Zip.
Flashing Zip Worked. Thank You.

Last edited:

tracyde

Jul 21, 2011
Partlow
twistedcode.org
I just applied the apk using root explorer instead of using adb.

Created a dir: /sdcard-ext/system_framework

Copied /system/framework/framework-res.apk to /sdcard-ext/system_framework

Copied the downloaded apk to /system/framework/framework-res.apk overwriting the file already there

And rebooted

I am wondering if anything was taken out because the original file was just about .5mb larger.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App

Kagedin

Jul 28, 2010
Hey thanks for your work on getting this up and running i flashed the zip file and it worked effortlessly, this gives my x2 that gingerbread feel that seemed to be missing

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA Premium App

Elite49

Jul 5, 2011
I'm reading on the forums P3Droid posted that you need animations on. Before I try this is that default animations? Is their a way to run this with those off? I'm not into the visual side of things, more for performance.

LancerV

Nov 20, 2007
My phone seems to grind to a halt after about half a day with this on

religi0n

Jun 6, 2011
As this is in the category of animation, and gingerbread does not allow specific enabling of animations then you are stuck with using them all to get this effect.

Xeno62277

Apr 13, 2011
Greensboro
Me likey :)

Edit: My phone started randomly rebooting yesterday, so I restored my backup. Since no reboots.

Last edited:

Elite49

Jul 5, 2011
Ok installed and it looks sweet. Some of the regular phone animations are just not needed on phones but whatever some people like to look fancy.

dannydro

Sep 21, 2010
Any way I can get an CRT mod for when I only turn off the screen and not both?

Hoppy96pgtbs

Aug 3, 2011
Wichita
Hey thanks for your work on getting this up and running i flashed the zip file and it worked effortlessly, this gives my x2 that gingerbread feel that seemed to be missing

I'm a bit confused as to how this works, I am limited by some of the acronyms/terminology used on these forums. I have Rom Manager (ClockworkMod) and I am curious about the instructions from the OP.

Installation 1:
Download DX2-CRT-Animation.zip
Copy to sdcard
Flash in CWR

It seems that this way is really easy to do? I assume "Flash in CWR" mean to use the CWR program, but I'm not very familiar with it. If I do this "Flash in CWR" will it ONLY add in this animation? Does it change anything else on the phone, such as revert it back to stock or something crazy like that? Sorry for the noobness, but I dont wanna chance getting a brick :)

Thanks!

religi0n

Jun 6, 2011
You use the bootstrap recovery to flash this. You have to be plugged into the wall to reboot into recovery, but then you can flash it from an SD Card.

There is an app called system recovery you have to look for (not on the market). It is somewhere around the forums. After thats its easy as pie.

K33pw1shen

Jul 4, 2011
Orangeville PA
I have a question ... I have the crt animation but when I flashed the circle battery icon it took it away and vice versa is there a way I can have both?

X2RGB

Kevin M

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2011
kmark.io
Installed through the "original" method and it seems to be working perfectly so far. Great stuff!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those of you who don't know exactly what the CRT animation is, it is the animation that Gingerbread uses when you press the power button and the screen gives a neat power off effect.

Well I wanted this. A lot. So I went out and did it. Just enabled it, and it looks gorgeous on my phone.

Please note, that you must be rooted in order to use this, and on Gingerbread.

It is a straightforward process.
    PLEASE NOTE THIS REQUIRES ADB AND JAVA TO BE INSTALLED

A good idea to nandroid before this, as if something goes wrong it can screw up a lot of things.

Installation 1:
    Download DX2-CRT-Animation.zip
    Copy to sdcard
    Flash in CWR

BIG THANKS TO p3droid FOR PACKAGING AS A ZIP

Installation 2 (the complicated, make you feel cooler, hardcore, original way):
    This is modifying your framework-res so some themes may not work any longer.
    Instructions:
    []Have phone plugged into computer, and in Charge Mode.

[]Download DX2-CRT-Animation.apk

[]Open Command Prompt (or Terminal) window in DX2-CRT-Animation.apk's location. (This can be accomplished by shift clicking on the folder where this resides, and clicking open command prompt here).

[]Push files onto the phone
    Code:
    adb push DX2-CRT-Animation.apk /data/local/tmp/framework-res.apk

[]Get shell access
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    ---When you enter this, make sure your phone is awake, as a Super User access allow/deny will pop up. Allow it.
    In command prompt, you should now have a #.

[]Remove and copy files to proper location, reboot
    Code:
    mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/stl9 /system
    stop
    rm /system/framework/framework-res.apk
    cp /data/local/tmp/framework-res.apk /system/framework/
    rm /data/local/tmp/framework-res.apk
    reboot

Whats next:
    -Reverse CRT animation (hopefully!!!)

Any input is appreciated.
    I am new to this. Give me your input, and help me get better.
    I'm sure you can find some around. In fact, all this is a simple bools.xml edit in framework-res. You could even do it yourself if needed.

On the topic of CRT, I have been working on an ON/OFF CRT animation, but this is a lot more than xml edits. This relies on services.jar, and implementation and editing of different values and methods. It doesn't cause bootloop but I am puzzled as to why I am getting no animation (no crt or fade animation, instant off). Automatic brightness still works, but I don't know...I will try a few more things.

Just a quick update on whats happening next.