• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

csc change help

Search This thread

t12icky0

Mar 27, 2010
Shawnee, ks
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Hello,

I've already searched this but I'm seeing different answers.

I have a Verizon Note 20 5g and the csc is at vzw/vzw/vzw. I would like to change the csc over to att/att/att. I have already downloaded Patched Odin, the new duf2 firmware. I have always kept my sim card inside the phone during flashing and its always changed the csc over during that process. This time though(this phone) when i flashed the firmware onto the phone it kept the vzw/vzw/vzw csc. Do i need to take out the sim card during the flash then reinsert once the firmware has been flashed on the phone and it restarts? Im on bootloader 2 and using the correct firmware. im just trying to get Volte back..lol.

thanks in advance

Jun 19, 2019
Hello,

I have a Verizon Note 20 5g and the csc is at vzw/vzw/vzw. I would like to change the csc over to att/att/att. I have already downloaded Patched Odin, the new duf2 firmware. I have always kept my sim card inside the phone during flashing and its always changed the csc over during that process. This time though(this phone) when i flashed the firmware onto the phone it kept the vzw/vzw/vzw csc. Do i need to take out the sim card during the flash then reinsert once the firmware has been flashed on the phone and it restarts? Im on bootloader 2 and using the correct firmware. im just trying to get Volte back..lol.

thanks in advance
It will never be att/att/att, if the phone was originally vzw/vzw/vzw. If you have an active AT&T sim card, you will get att/att/vzw. Flashing odin does not change the csc on this device - the active SIM card dictates the csc. You didn't indicate if you were flashing U or U1, but you have to flash the U software to get carrier services, including VoLTE.

Reactions: t12icky0 and raul6

t12icky0

Mar 27, 2010
Shawnee, ks
It will never be att/att/att, if the phone was originally vzw/vzw/vzw. If you have an active AT&T sim card, you will get att/att/vzw. Flashing odin does not change the csc on this device - the active SIM card dictates the csc. You didn't indicate if you were flashing U or U1, but you have to flash the U software to get carrier services, including VoLTE.
Oh gotcha, ok. Yea I have Att sim card but it still shows VZW/VZW/VZW even with the Att sim card inserted. I flashed the U1 firmware, thank you for clarifying this on the difference for the volte thing.

t12icky0

Mar 27, 2010
Shawnee, ks
Did the APN change when you put in the AT&T sim card? If you change from U to U1 or vice versa, i believe you have to do a factory reset [sim card out until after inital setup]. The guide in this post worked for me: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...shing-and-n986u-to-n986u1-vice-versa.4182825/. But i moved from TMO to ATT with no issue.
Thank you very much, I didn't know the initial setup thing. Once I did that it's now showing Att/Att/Vzw. I have volte, wifi calling and hd calling again.

Thank you so much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

thanks in advance
    Did the APN change when you put in the AT&T sim card? If you change from U to U1 or vice versa, i believe you have to do a factory reset [sim card out until after inital setup]. The guide in this post worked for me: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...shing-and-n986u-to-n986u1-vice-versa.4182825/. But i moved from TMO to ATT with no issue.