CSC Change - Model R845U

Search This thread
Apr 1, 2020
Hi guys,
I really need some help please.

I have the US model R845U LTE and I'd like to change the CSC to ITV (Italy) to get the latest updates as mine is stuck to R845USQU1BTK2.

I am following the procedure of Technoproz but I need to be sure that I use the right files.

I downloaded the combination firmware COMBINATION-FT55_R845USQU1ATL2.tar. This is the right one, right?
I have a doubt on which stock firmware to use. Should I use the R845USQU1BTK2_Tizen_3File_CSC (OYN)?
Or should I use the firmware R845FXXU1CTJ5_Tizen_4File_CSC (OXA) which is the Italian one?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2020
Are you sure there's an update for your watch on CSC ITV? This page gives the firmware history for model R845U on XAR, but on ITV it gives an error.
First of all, thanks for helping.

That's exactly my doubt.
On CSC ITV they are at the R845FXXU1CTJ5 so, to answer your question, yes there is an update but it's for the R845F, not for the R845U.
So, do you think that I can flash the firmware for the 845F after changing the CSC to ITV?

Thanks

congusto

Apr 12, 2010
Alkmaar
First of all, thanks for helping.

That's exactly my doubt.
On CSC ITV they are at the R845FXXU1CTJ5 so, to answer your question, yes there is an update but it's for the R845F, not for the R845U.
So, do you think that I can flash the firmware for the 845F after changing the CSC to ITV?

Thanks
I would be very reluctant in flashing firmware for another model on your watch. There's a good chance you'll brick it.

Apr 1, 2020
I would be very reluctant in flashing firmware for another model on your watch. There's a good chance you'll brick it.
Yep it makes sense what you say but...my concern is...if I flash back the BTK2 after having changed the CSC to ITV...what do I gain?
Will I get the updates of the ITV region or not?

Cheers

aryanaaa

Jun 21, 2009
darbandikhan
Does anyone know if it's possible to downgrade from tizen 5.5.2 to 5.5.1 ?
I want to change my watch 3 CSC but i couldn't find any firmware in 5.5.2 which my watch currently on it so i want to downgrade to 5.5.1 then flash combination...
Is it possible?

congusto

Apr 12, 2010
Alkmaar
Yep it makes sense what you say but...my concern is...if I flash back the BTK2 after having changed the CSC to ITV...what do I gain?
Will I get the updates of the ITV region or not?

Cheers
I'd expect that since that webpage with firmware history I mentioned gives an error for R845U on ITV, you won't get any update after changing the CSC to ITV. So you won't gain anything if I'm correct.

Apr 1, 2020
I'd expect that since that webpage with firmware history I mentioned gives an error for R845U on ITV, you won't get any update after changing the CSC to ITV. So you won't gain anything if I'm correct.
And I managed to brick it.
I tried to flash the combination firmware downloaded from easy firmware and it failed.
Now the watch doesn't reboot and I don't know what to do.
Hopefully Adfree will be able to help me.

If you have any suggestion please feel free to let me know.

Thanks

Reactions: adfree
Apr 1, 2020
I have to officially give a big thank you to Adfree for his help.
We managed to fix my watch and now I have a full ITV version...moving from the original R845U to R845F.
Everything is working now BP, ECG and Samsung Pay.

Thank you Adfree!

amitdon

Dec 7, 2017
We managed to fix my watch and now I have a full ITV version...moving from the original R845U to R845F.

Thank you Adfree!

buddy pls help us also as ......we also want to do it ....also if u can share the respective files for it .

Apr 1, 2020
I'm glad it worked out in the end. What would you recommend to other users wanting to swtchifrom R845U to T845F?

Apologies for reverting late!
So, this is what I did to change my R845U into an R845F:

1. Installed the combination firmware with netOdin

2. with the pull/push commands via SDB I changed the

a. PRODUCT CODE from SM-R845UZKAXAR into SM-R845FZSAITV
b. CSC from XAR into ITV

3. Installed the stock firmware CTJ5

and voila'....the GW3 became fully Italian.
Then the watch will update itself via OTA to the firmware DUA4.

At this stage the BP and ECG widgets are present on the watch and the last step is to install on the phone the SHM app (version 183) which can be found on the other thread (by Dante63).

And all is working.

Couple of things:
- I am leaving those links active for a week or so. I bought both above firmware from Easyfirmware but I'm glad to share them with the community.
- I am not responsible for any bricked watch :) As usual, do these things at your own risk ;)
- A huge thanks to Adfree for his help!

Cheers

icecool217

Oct 4, 2009

b. CSC from XAR into ITV

At this stage the BP and ECG widgets are present on the watch and the last step is to install on the phone the SHM app (version 183) which can be found on the other thread (by Dante63).

And all is working.

Couple of things:
- I am leaving those links active for a week or so. I bought both above firmware from Easyfirmware but I'm glad to share them with the community.
- I am not responsible for any bricked watch :) As usual, do these things at your own risk ;)

Cheers

Hi!
I have a couple of questions:

1) My software is currently R845USQU1ATFE. Would I be able to use your file COMBINATION-FT55_R845USQU1ATL2_clean_v1.zip?

2) In your step 2a using sdb, how did you manage to change from R845U to R845F? Basically Is there a way to check whether my software has CSC code TGY? I assume if R845U...ATFE already has TGY, then all I have to do is sdb pull/push for TGY. Is that correct?

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

danwalls

Jan 7, 2021

Thank you Adfree!
OMG PLEASE CAN YOU TELL ME HOW YOU DID THIS!? I’m the exact same situation, I got an American galaxy watch3 LTE but I live in Italy and I need to change it to an Italian model! Please it would mean the world to me if you could help me! Thank you!

icecool217

Oct 4, 2009
According to @[email protected] (with support from @adfree ) & TechnoProz from Youtube (Link here)

Prepare by downloading the following files:
  1. NetOdin
  2. COMBINATION-FT55_R845USQU1ATL2_clean_v1.zip
  3. R845FXXU1CTJ5_Tizen_4File_CSC (OXA).zip
  4. SDB tools

Prepare Watch
1. Switch to Connect Wifi, always on (just in case),​
2. Software -> Software Version. Press multiple times to turn on Developer Mode.​
3. Go to Developer mode to turn on Debugging Mode.​
4. Press Back & Home button until you see the Reboot Mode. Select Download (Wireless).​
5. Double press the power button to change the mode to act as a hotspot​

PC
6. Open NetOdin​
7. On PC, connect Wifi to SM-R84X (where X=0 or 5 depending on your model). NetOdin should turn green.​
8. Under AP, place the combination firmware.​

Watch
9. Go to Connections, Wifi, and select Always On. Connect to same wifi network as your PC.​
10. Note down your IP Address: 192.168.Y.Z​
11. Reboot your watch. Check to make sure it is connected to same wifi network.​

PC
12. Unzip SDB tools and run version based on your PC.​
13. Go to Data/Tools and open ansicon.exe​
14. Type the following to pull files:​
a. sdb connect 192.168.Y.Z​
b. sdb root​
c. sdb pull /csa/csc/csc-active-customer.inf​
d. sdb pull /csa/imei/prodcode.dat​
15. You should see 2 files in the same folder: csc-active-customer & prodcode. Open these 2 files using notepad, make the following edits and save:​
a. In the csc-active-customer file, change XAR to ITV​
b. In the prodcode file, change SM-R845UZKAXAR to SM-R845FZSAITV
16. Type the following to push files back in:​
a. sdb push csc-active-customer.inf /csa/csc/​
b. sdb push prodcode.dat /csa/imei/​

Watch
17. Go to Reboot Mode. Select Download (Wireless). Double press to go to AP mode.​

PC
18. Open NetOdin.​
19. Connect Wifi to watch. NetOdin will turn green once again.​
20. Extract the original firmware R845FXXU1CTJ5_Tizen_4File_CSC (OXA).zip. Files are labelled so place into BL, AP, CSC accordingly. Double check, and then flash away.​
For step 15, if you want to see whether your region is available in the firmware, go to this website: https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-R845F/ITV/doc.html
If R845F firmware has that particular region code, then the page should list out the official firmware details. Otherwise, you will see a "no such key" message.​

Last edited:

danwalls

Jan 7, 2021
According to @[email protected] (with support from @adfree ) & TechnoProz from Youtube (Link here)

Prepare by downloading the following files:
  1. NetOdin
  2. COMBINATION-FT55_R845USQU1ATL2_clean_v1.zip
  3. R845FXXU1CTJ5_Tizen_4File_CSC (OXA).zip
  4. SDB tools

Prepare Watch
1. Switch to Connect Wifi, always on (just in case),​
2. Software -> Software Version. Press multiple times to turn on Developer Mode.​
3. Go to Developer mode to turn on Debugging Mode.​
4. Press Back & Home button until you see the Reboot Mode. Select Download (Wireless).​
5. Double press the power button to change the mode to act as a hotspot​

PC
6. Open NetOdin​
7. On PC, connect Wifi to SM-R84X (where X=0 or 5 depending on your model). NetOdin should turn green.​
8. Under AP, place the combination firmware.​

Watch
9. Go to Connections, Wifi, and select Always On. Connect to same wifi network as your PC.​
10. Note down your IP Address: 192.168.Y.Z​
11. Reboot your watch. Check to make sure it is connected to same wifi network.​

PC
12. Unzip SDB tools and run version based on your PC.​
13. Go to Data/Tools and open ansicon.exe​
14. Type the following to pull files:​
a. sdb connect 192.168.Y.Z​
b. sdb root​
c. sdb pull /csa/csc/csc-active-customer.inf​
d. sdb pull /csa/imei/prodcode.dat​
15. You should see 2 files in the same folder: csc-active-customer & prodcode. Open these 2 files using notepad, make the following edits and save:​
a. In the csc-active-customer file, change XAR to ITV​
b. In the prodcode file, change SM-R845UZKAXAR to SM-R845FZSAITV
16. Type the following to push files back in:​
a. sdb push csc-active-customer.inf /csa/csc/​
b. sdb push prodcode.dat /csa/imei/​

Watch
17. Go to Reboot Mode. Select Download (Wireless). Double press to go to AP mode.​

PC
18. Open NetOdin.​
19. Connect Wifi to watch. NetOdin will turn green once again.​
20. Extract the original firmware R845FXXU1CTJ5_Tizen_4File_CSC (OXA).zip. Files are labelled so place into BL, AP, CSC accordingly. Double check, and then flash away.​
For step 15, if you want to see whether your region is available in the firmware, go to this website: https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-R845F/ITV/doc.html
If R845F firmware has that particular region code, then the page should list out the official firmware details. Otherwise, you will see a "no such key" message.​
Oh wow, at first I thought it was easier than this! Anyway thank you so much for the help, I would really like to try this and finally change my watch to use it in all its features. But I can’t hide that I’m a bit anxious to do something wrong and then ruin my watch forever. Maybe there’s a YouTube video that guides you in the process?
Anyway I’ll let you know if I’ll succeed in this, thank you again!

icecool217

Oct 4, 2009
Oh wow, at first I thought it was easier than this! Anyway thank you so much for the help, I would really like to try this and finally change my watch to use it in all its features. But I can’t hide that I’m a bit anxious to do something wrong and then ruin my watch forever. Maybe there’s a YouTube video that guides you in the process?
Anyway I’ll let you know if I’ll succeed in this, thank you again!

Used to be a bit easier when I did the region change for the S3 gear. Gotten a bit more complex.
First line in my post above, I've linked the youtube video from TechnoProz.
Watch (no pun intended) the video.
Do it only if you are comfortable.

danwalls

Jan 7, 2021
Used to be a bit easier when I did the region change for the S3 gear. Gotten a bit more complex.
First line in my post above, I've linked the youtube video from TechnoProz.
Watch (no pun intended) the video.
Do it only if you are comfortable.
Ok I’ll go watch it! And I went checking on the Samsung website for the firmware, and if I open that page it shows me two different firmwares, the first and most recent is:

Build number : R845FXXU1DUA4
Tizen Version : Tizen 5.5.0.2
Published on : 2021-02-22

And the second is:

Build Number : R845FXXU1CTJ5
Tizen Version : Tizen 5.5.0.1
Published on : 2020-11-24

So my question is, as the firmware I need is the second one, so not the most recent, if I change my watch to that firmware then will I be able to update my watch with the future updates? Or it will remain stuck in that specific firmware?
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but as you can see I’m not really into these things!

icecool217

Oct 4, 2009
Ok I’ll go watch it! And I went checking on the Samsung website for the firmware, and if I open that page it shows me two different firmwares, the first and most recent is:

Build number : R845FXXU1DUA4
Tizen Version : Tizen 5.5.0.2
Published on : 2021-02-22

And the second is:

Build Number : R845FXXU1CTJ5
Tizen Version : Tizen 5.5.0.1
Published on : 2020-11-24

So my question is, as the firmware I need is the second one, so not the most recent, if I change my watch to that firmware then will I be able to update my watch with the future updates? Or it will remain stuck in that specific firmware?
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but as you can see I’m not really into these things!

Stick with the 2nd update that was successfully done by @[email protected]. Once completed, you should be able to do an OTA (over the air) update to DUA4 directly. Technically, you can but rather follow what was done successfully.
Not a stupid question.
The watch is relatively new and not many info for the R845U version in particular. Takes time to really put things together. Big thanks to @Kebez & @adfree to start it off,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm glad it worked out in the end. What would you recommend to other users wanting to swtchifrom R845U to T845F?

b. CSC from XAR into ITV

And all is working.

Couple of things:

Cheers
    And I managed to brick it.
    I tried to flash the combination firmware downloaded from easy firmware and it failed.
    Now the watch doesn't reboot and I don't know what to do.
    Hopefully Adfree will be able to help me.

If you have any suggestion please feel free to let me know.

Thanks
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone