How To Guide CSC change on Watch 4 Bluetooth 100% Samsung Pay Working

Search This thread

_skay_

Sep 29, 2022
Csc MEA and country i selected was uae.. i have been receiving updates regularly after that.. even i coincidentally received an update just after changing the region and csc as update was the 1st thing i checked after making the change
@ankushgautam

Thanks for quick response, this is helpful.

As this is one-way ticket, I'm not sure which CSC to choose MEA or XSG or XAA and then again country selection would also matter I think.

I'll guess I'll wait for some feedback for a day or two from @avirendra who used same combo but isn't receiving OTA updates and other users @vasantbala and @yasht007 feedback on current status who changed to other CSC and not MEA.

Advythashok

Sep 11, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Yes right, you won't know until new update happens.

And like you I have also updated the watch but just want to be sure before I proceed with CSC change.
Also, I don't think there is an option to select XSG using the dialer code trick. There's only MEA.

After you select MEA and reset then reboot.. you can select your desired country..which is UAE, this is XSG.

You can change this region after a reset to any country in the middle east. So each region will give you a different CSC in the middle eastern aka MEA region.

cakeygiraffe

Jun 14, 2014
Was anyone previously unable to get this method to work and found a fix? Just got one from Amazon with Columbia's CSC, want to change to USA. I can use the dial code to find the CSC, but the one in this thread to change it does nothing.

vasantbala

Oct 3, 2013
After XAA selection & reboot which County you selected?

Are you still getting the updates with XAA?

Also did it bring in BP and ecg features on watch with side load need of app on phone?

Are you still getting the update and after XSG which country you selected?

Avirendra, did you find such way without changing csc?

Also I see you have great deal of posts, inputs and updates here. Appreciate it

I would like to your opinion that which csc would be better to make a choice MEA, XSG or XAA. The latter two are saying they are getting updates. Where as the one your watch 4 is MEA and you aren't getting OTA & have to rely on service center offline updates.

I'm looking forward to change csc on my watch 4 and hence such curious question since this is just one way street to change CSC.
I live in US and I selected US. BP and ECG, Pay works as expected. I don't think I have got updates yet. I am not sure if any updates were pushed out

Reactions: _skay_

_skay_

Sep 29, 2022
I live in US and I selected US. BP and ECG, Pay works as expected. I don't think I have got updates yet. I am not sure if any updates were pushed out

So you got your Bluetooth Watch 4 from India, right? Since this dailer CSC change only works on Indian Retail Units.

For the update, can you check under settings on your phone app and share screenshot which version it shows or you get update option?

Also did you had to side load BP and ECG or after reboot they were available by default just like spay after csc change?

Because I guess for MEA it's just Spay and BP/ECG features need side load on both watch and phone.

Last edited:

_skay_

Sep 29, 2022
Was anyone previously unable to get this method to work and found a fix? Just got one from Amazon with Columbia's CSC, want to change to USA. I can use the dial code to find the CSC, but the one in this thread to change it does nothing.

Mentioned dailer code only works with India Retail Units with active CSC as INU by default.

Reactions: adfree
@adfree, @avirendra, @vasantbala and @yasht007. I have the LTE version of galaxy watch 4 classic, SM-R985F(INU), as updates and spay are working on bluetooth models. Do you have information if LTE works after switching to XSG(United Arab Emirates). As that is the only factor stopping me from doing this change.

Edit: I'm on GVH1 (INU- One UI 4.5) and the code *#272*719434266344# did not work for me. Could you still provide the info though, thanks

Okay so *#272*IMEI# works for me and it does have XSG, should the code be with IMEI only or the one listed above, let me know thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: adfree

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Google Pixel Watch
Maybe tiny background info....

Maybe also for others usefull...

If you choose "wrong" unsupported text string... then FOTA Updates not available because they are not on Samsung Server...

They mixed in this Developer/Engineer menu unique CSC and valid on Server with "group" crap...
Funny for Samsung... bad for you.

Only as tiny info...

Best Regards

mrfatiga22

Se confirmó que funcionaba a las mil maravillas y también se actualizó después de cambiar csc. Así que la actualización también está funcionando... También logré agregar tarjetas indias... Muchas gracias por compartir esto
Dear good day, thank you very much for the information. But I have a doubt, in my country Argentina, Samsung Pay is not supported, so I wanted to change the CSC of my Samsung Pay, but although I managed to make this change, I don't know what credit card I can use, since the banks from my country would not work with Samsung pay. How were you able to solve the credit card issue? Thank you

peanutcuber

Sep 8, 2022
I have the r895f bought in Israel but it's region locked to eastern/southern eu
How do I change it cuz I cant use the LTE for some reason

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Google Pixel Watch
At the moment GW4 (mabye GW5 too) splitted into 2 or 3 groups...

Group A

The lucky group.

Users with BT only and/or LTE device(s) from India... or with active CSC INU (aka India CSC)...

They can use these Codes in ALL Firmware Versions as it seems... Frag den Geier warum...

BT only device like SM-R870:
Code:
*#272*719434266344#
Look into this Thread... first post...

LTE like SM-R875F:
Code:
*#272*IMEI#

Group B.

LTE
users with "special" Firmware...
Maybe old older or it was also only India CSC INU... who knows...

Code:
*#272*IMEI#

Group C.

IMHO the biggest group with most userS... Nor BT nor LTE...

No solution.

Nothing works... nothing found.

Best Regards

TDrkKnight

Feb 18, 2011
Reynosa
Dear good day, thank you very much for the information. But I have a doubt, in my country Argentina, Samsung Pay is not supported, so I wanted to change the CSC of my Samsung Pay, but although I managed to make this change, I don't know what credit card I can use, since the banks from my country would not work with Samsung pay. How were you able to solve the credit card issue? Thank you
No creo que puedas, hasta donde se, para que funcione SAMSUNG debe tener el convenio con el banco (por lo menos asi es en Mexico para SAMSUNG/APPLE PAY ).

I don't think you can, as far as I know SAMSUNG has to have an agreement with the bank (at least that's how it works in Mexico for SAMSUNG/APPLE PAY)

Reactions: mrfatiga22

rexisrex

Aug 14, 2012
Chennai
Indian Galaxy Watch 4 Classic BT RM-290 here. the code worked flawlessly. i went MEA and XSG route though it gave all CSC option. i was wary if my Indian credit card will work on US firmware. in the hindsight, if UAE fw used in india allows to add indian CC so should US!. but didnt want to take that chance and get stuck. AS the CSC change to other firmware will make the gsm code useless. the code only works with indian CSC.

now installed mod health monitor app in both phone and watch. (z fold 4 is my phone) ECG and BP works perfectly!. spay allowed me to add cards and good to go. only thing still bothering me is, haven't got a update to make sure FOTA works. right now it checks and says you're up to date. . I'm hoping it will.! on R890XXU1GVI3 which is the latest 12th oct update for XSG i think?! @Advythashok can you confirm this?

overall everything works. Thanks to OP for the code. (fFOTA to be confirmed once it arrives.)

katheria

Sep 14, 2013
BENGALURU
Moved to Watch 4 Classic 46mm from Gear S3 after 5 Years, immediately after first setup found out that SPay is still not officially supported in India on WearOS as well. Changed the CSE to MEA and the region to XSG and doing the setup after wipe reboot, lets see how it goes.

Edit 1: First time setup got stuck after Samsung account setup, watch kept showing "Check your phone for setup," but on the phone it was again searching for the watch. Reboot watch and then trying the setup again.

Edit 2: Setup was successful, SPay app is there. restoring data first.

Edit 3: Sideloaded the Spay Watch plugin and boom I am in all my old cards from Gear S3 are present, restoring them.

Finally back to Spay on Watch 4

Attaching some shots from setup.

Let's wait for next watch update.

Attachments

• IMG_20221103_165416561.jpg
    IMG_20221103_165416561.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20221103_180816667.jpg
    IMG_20221103_180816667.jpg
    1,010.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Reactions: shubhandu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No creo que puedas, hasta donde se, para que funcione SAMSUNG debe tener el convenio con el banco (por lo menos asi es en Mexico para SAMSUNG/APPLE PAY ).

I don't think you can, as far as I know SAMSUNG has to have an agreement with the bank (at least that's how it works in Mexico for SAMSUNG/APPLE PAY)
    Moved to Watch 4 Classic 46mm from Gear S3 after 5 Years, immediately after first setup found out that SPay is still not officially supported in India on WearOS as well. Changed the CSE to MEA and the region to XSG and doing the setup after wipe reboot, lets see how it goes.

Edit 1: First time setup got stuck after Samsung account setup, watch kept showing "Check your phone for setup," but on the phone it was again searching for the watch. Reboot watch and then trying the setup again.

Edit 3: Sideloaded the Spay Watch plugin and boom I am in all my old cards from Gear S3 are present, restoring them.

Will wait for your response on updates, I switched the same for Gear S3 to watch 4 classic, Broken Updates are my fear to not moving on which CSC change.
    ****Disclaimer : I am not responsible for any data loss or damage of the device.

Hi All,

I know everyone is frustrated that we are not able to change the CSC on Watch 4 Bluetooth version. I was keep on trying different methods and atlast i am able to change the CSC on my Watch 4 Bluetooth Model SM-R870. The funny thing is I tried all hard way and nothing succeeded. Finally find out a simple way to change the CSC.

Spay.jpg

1. Open the Samsung phone Dialer app on watch
    2. Dial *#272*719434266344#
    3. Accept the warning Menu
    4. Change the CSC to MEA or SPAY supported Region (Its a one time change, be careful, you cant revert back to any other CSC)
    5. Install and reboot
    6. Select United Arab Emirates and reboot.
    5. Done , Watch will be reset and Spay will be available once after pairing again with phone.

Please feel to thank me if its working.

Thanks,
    TechDocAsia
    Can confirm that it worked for me and even updates are intact.
    Video confirmation of Spay and Updates
    I have Watch 4 - Watch(BT)-SM-R870. Samsung pay is working for me. I change CSC to XSG - United Arab Emirates.
    Also, I am getting updates(image attached)

Also, Now I can use ECG & BP too via moded Apks.

Thanks for this post🍻
    Yes right, you won't know until new update happens.

And like you I have also updated the watch but just want to be sure before I proceed with CSC change.
    Also, I don't think there is an option to select XSG using the dialer code trick. There's only MEA.

After you select MEA and reset then reboot.. you can select your desired country..which is UAE, this is XSG.

You can change this region after a reset to any country in the middle east. So each region will give you a different CSC in the middle eastern aka MEA region.
    What has that to do with this thread? Google not working?
    I think he is referring to method above mentioned to change CSC of watch. I experienced this too. When we dial the given code on watch it get transfers to phone as a regular call.