Question CSC country not available for S22 Ultra Model

Search This thread

Johann Steyn

May 19, 2022
Hello all,
I lived in Germany for a while and bought a S22 Ultra (CSC code EUX).
I moved back to South Africa and Samsung Pay is not working "Samsung Pay isn't available on your phone".
My plan is to change my CSC to South Africa by flashing the device, but the problem is I cannot find the South African firmware (CSC code) for my Model Number.
Model number is SM-S908B/DS.
I can only see South African CSC Firmware (XFA or XFE) for model number SM-S908E.

If I use this firmware, will I brick the phone?

Hello all,
I moved back to South Africa and Samsung Pay is not working "Samsung Pay isn't available on your phone".
My plan is to change my CSC to South Africa by flashing the device, but the problem is I cannot find the South African firmware (CSC code) for my Model Number.
I can only see South African CSC Firmware (XFA or XFE) for model number SM-S908E.

Yes you will brick your phone because 908B is exynos and 908E is snapdragon but i see people change csc from 908B EUX for Countries there as call recording....

Hello all,

Cherche there, you can find somme stuff for you

chris20za

Jul 28, 2022
Hello all,

Hi guys, Im in the same situation, bough the phone in Italy, now back in South Africa, has anyone found a work around yet?

nguyenlucky

Jan 30, 2013
danang
You can use SamFW tool to change CSC to XFA/XFE, as it's available in S908B firmware. However, you wont't receive any OTA updates due to South African devices being S908E. You need to flash via Odin every updates of S908B (CSC and data will be kept). You can't flash S908E firmware, it's not compatible.

S908B OXM.PNG

The reason for this is initially, Samsung intended to use Exynos (B model) for more regions (including SA), but then decided to switch to Snapdragon. Hence the presence of SA CSC in Exynos firmwares, and future OTA updates not being released for S908B XFA/XFE.

However, manually flashing each full update (around 8 to 9GB) each month is probably bad for device's flash memory. So I recommend selling your device and buy a South African S908E.