[CTR][RECOVERY v6.0.4.4][TOUCH]GIONEE M2[TOUCH][RECOVERY][CTR]

Search This thread

Shivam Bhalla

Jan 12, 2013
[CTR Recovery v6.0.4.4][Port][Touch Based][01 April 2014]

Carliv Touch Recovery version 6.0.4.4 with Aroma File Manager Support

You must have Root access.

Installation Instructions
1. Download and place the image file into internal storage.
2. Rename the image file into "recovery.img". [Without quotes]
3. Install MTK MobileUncle Tool from Play Store and open and go to Recovery Updates option
4. Select the image file to install and let it be installed automatically.
5. It will reboot into recovery.

Recovery image file Download Link

Click HERE

ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) is a replacement recovery option for Android devices,and CTR is based on CWM and also support Touch functionality!!!!!

Thanks to Arnab Gharay of Gionee M2 Facebook Group for Pointing and Correcting Mount points.

Credits :-

===>Arnab Gharay(FULL CREDIT) @arnabgharay
===>Carliv
===>michfood
===>Me :)

Last edited:

drive2droad

Jan 9, 2010
Delhi
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco X2
Awesome work on bringing the recovery to this device , Although my personal opinion but the AMIGO UI on Gionee devices is crap . this is a step in the right direction to get rid of the proprietary UI & bring on some aosp goodness !!

anilyarki

Aug 20, 2013
Manali
www.techmanali.in
Finally it is here..

Bought my device yesterday. 4200Mah is the reason i got this device. The stock Amigo UI sucks and i was looking forward to some custom ROMS. thanks for this recovery. Lets get to work and create our first custom AOSP ROM for this great device. :good:

Shivam Bhalla

Jan 12, 2013
Bought my device yesterday. 4200Mah is the reason i got this device. The stock Amigo UI sucks and i was looking forward to some custom ROMS. thanks for this recovery. Lets get to work and create our first custom AOSP ROM for this great device. :good:

Already done with AOSP Rom . Am on hold for its release till tomorrow or day after tomorrow currently in testing mode.All bugs are resolved till date.

Keep visiting your gonna love this new AOSP

Regards
-Shivam Bhalla

Reactions: przawar

rjspark89

Dec 9, 2012
awesome! but could you..?

Hey, congrats on the awesome work, just a few questions,

1) did you try making a full backup of stock ROM with this recovery?
2) did you try making a restoring a full backup of stock ROM with this recovery?

is it working perfectly?

3) could you make a guide on how to make a backup of stock ROM which can be flashed via PC using Smartphone(SP) tools? or better yet could you upload stock ROM that is flashable through smartphone tools (with instructions on how to flash please!)

Reactions: r3flux

net8

Feb 18, 2012
ict.net.in
Does it work on Gionee M2 Kitkat Version?
I found it working in my device [4GB Gionee M2]. Actually I flashed it directly via SP Flash tools just by replacing it in the KITKAT stock ROM, even before rooting it.
[Knowing that its size does not exceed the limits of the recovery partition specified in the scatter file]
I found it working, Use it at your own risk.

It may also work with 8GB varients, but not checked by me.

:good: I hope you liked it.

Attachments

• recovery.img
    6.2 MB · Views: 940
Last edited:
Reactions: dhanmohan

net8

Feb 18, 2012
ict.net.in
Enable AROMA FILE MANAGER in CTR recovery

sir i have installed this recovery but touch not work and file manager not show in recovery

To do so,

Put the extracted contents of clockworkmod.zip (clockworkmod\.aromafm ) into the respective folder of your sd card. This will enable aroma file manager in CTR recovery. File is attached for your ease, & not owned by me. Thanks to the original author of these files.

File manager path on your sd card: \clockworkmod\.aromafm (See the dot), Use PC card reader to extract the files into your sd card.
It needs root permission if you use phone's root file manager to copy & yet can be unsuccessful.

So it is better to use the pc to extract/copy the files to the memory card.
:good: I hope you liked it.

Attachments

• clockworkmod.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 358
Last edited:

net8

Feb 18, 2012
ict.net.in
after updating recovry img..when i boot into recovry mode it showing normal recovry mode?what to do?

If you were not successful using mobile uncle tools in the phone interface,

Use PC to Flash recovery.img using sp-flash tools. (Please be aware of how to install required drivers etc..)

Select original scatter file of your version of ROM. If You are using stock ROM, Make sure that you have not altered the phone partitioning earlier.

Be careful and Remember to select/tick only 'recovery' in the list. You can also check preloader if you like. and select ONly 'download' button. (NOT firmware upgrade!). Connect your switched off phone to your PC. Wait till your task is complete. Shows tyou a green circle.
It works perfectly.
But Do it at your own risk without blaming anyone in the forum if you encounter any error.

:good: Hope you like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: dhanmohan

dhanmohan

If you were not successful using mobile uncle tools in the phone interface,

Use PC to Flash recovery.img using sp-flash tools. (Please be aware of how to install required drivers etc..)

Select original scatter file of your version of ROM. If You are using stock ROM, Make sure that you have not altered the phone partitioning earlier.

Be careful and Remember to select/tick only 'recovery' in the list. You can also check preloader if you like. and select ONly 'download' button. (NOT firmware upgrade!). Connect your switched off phone to your PC. Wait till your task is complete. Shows tyou a green circle.
It works perfectly.
But Do it at your own risk without blaming anyone in the forum if you encounter any error.

:good: Hope you like it.

thnx bro.... i did flashed via sp tool already.. everything is working..

net8

Feb 18, 2012
ict.net.in

misteruniverse

Jun 2, 2014
@ net8
is it working with 32 gb sd card, while i create a recovery image with my new 32gb sandisk ultra microsd, the card gone bad. (formatted in mobile)
do you have CTR new version with zip backup option ?

Last edited:

net8

Feb 18, 2012
ict.net.in
It works with any microSD so far. Even I am using 32gb microsd from SanDisk class 10 uhs1.
There may be other issue with your device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [CTR Recovery v6.0.4.4][Port][Touch Based][01 April 2014]

Carliv Touch Recovery version 6.0.4.4 with Aroma File Manager Support

You must have Root access.

Installation Instructions
    1. Download and place the image file into internal storage.
    2. Rename the image file into "recovery.img". [Without quotes]
    3. Install MTK MobileUncle Tool from Play Store and open and go to Recovery Updates option
    4. Select the image file to install and let it be installed automatically.
    5. It will reboot into recovery.

Recovery image file Download Link

Click HERE

ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) is a replacement recovery option for Android devices,and CTR is based on CWM and also support Touch functionality!!!!!

Thanks to Arnab Gharay of Gionee M2 Facebook Group for Pointing and Correcting Mount points.

Credits :-

===>Arnab Gharay(FULL CREDIT) @arnabgharay
    ===>Carliv
    ===>michfood
    ===>Me :)

Already done with AOSP Rom . Am on hold for its release till tomorrow or day after tomorrow currently in testing mode.All bugs are resolved till date.

Keep visiting your gonna love this new AOSP

Regards
    -Shivam Bhalla
    Dude this is really awesome , thanks a ton for the rom !!
    awesome! but could you..?

Hey, congrats on the awesome work, just a few questions,

1) did you try making a full backup of stock ROM with this recovery?
    2) did you try making a restoring a full backup of stock ROM with this recovery?

is it working perfectly?

3) could you make a guide on how to make a backup of stock ROM which can be flashed via PC using Smartphone(SP) tools? or better yet could you upload stock ROM that is flashable through smartphone tools (with instructions on how to flash please!)