• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

"ctsProfile: false" in Magisk Manager after August update

Search This thread

madmartian

Nov 18, 2007
I know other folks had issues with earlier updates, but this is the first time I've seen this. I skipped the last few updates. Does the Magisk patch method no longer work for rooting the Pixel 4 XL? Or is there some way to fix this?

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Patching your boot image with Magisk still works. With the recent implementation of hardware attestation, apps can now recognize if your bootloader is unlocked and safetynet checks result in ctsProfile failing. Magisk Hide still works and you can still hide root from most apps but cannot hide that your bootloader is unlocked unless you use either the hardwareoff mod or the Magisk Props mod.

Reactions: madmartian

madmartian

Nov 18, 2007
Patching your boot image with Magisk still works. With the recent implementation of hardware attestation, apps can now recognize if your bootloader is unlocked and safetynet checks result in ctsProfile failing. Magisk Hide still works and you can still hide root from most apps but cannot hide that your bootloader is unlocked unless you use either the hardwareoff mod or the Magisk Props mod.

I tried MagiskHide Props Config but that didn't work - unless I need to do more than just replace the fingerprint. Replacing the fingerprint did not fix the problem. It's likely the Pixel 4 XL uses hardware backed key attestation to check the bootloader state, which I think means MagiskHide Props Config won't solve the problem.

I did find and install the hardwareoff mod and that fixed the problem. Thanks everyone who mentioned that. It was not available for download in Magisk but I found it buried deep in a 4000+ post thread on XDA. :)

https://forum.xda-developers.com/ap...systemless-t3432382/post83028387#post83028387

Last edited:

Didgeridoohan

Senior Moderator / Dev Committee / Dev Relations
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
I tried MagiskHide Props Config but that didn't work - unless I need to do more than just replace the fingerprint.

Just for clarification: you would also have had to use the "Force BASIC attestation" option. It basically does the same thing as the hardware off mod, so you're good to go already...

Escribis

Jul 29, 2014
So I have the same problem basic integrity but the cts profile fails. Iam in the January update.

I've done anything to fix it but 0 for me. And the problem is that it just happened from nowhere it was everything ok I was passing the safety net and in a moment the gpay made me a warning about contactless payments and the problem started.

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
So I have the same problem basic integrity but the cts profile fails. Iam in the January update.

I've done anything to fix it but 0 for me. And the problem is that it just happened from nowhere it was everything ok I was passing the safety net and in a moment the gpay made me a warning about contactless payments and the problem started.
Go over to the Magisk thread. It's discussed there in detail and there has been a Magisk Mod released to fix it..

Reactions: gettinwicked

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Can you share the link please?

I also woke up to Google Pay warning, an update, than lost Magisk. I've re-installed it but now failing safetynet. Been attempting to fix it for 2 hours now

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you share the link please?

I also woke up to Google Pay warning, an update, than lost Magisk. I've re-installed it but now failing safetynet. Been attempting to fix it for 2 hours now
    The "hardware off" module from Displax might help you.

Sent from my Google Pixel 4 XL using XDA Labs

Go over to the Magisk thread. It's discussed there in detail and there has been a Magisk Mod released to fix it..
    Found the link. It works, just need to setup Google Pay again https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix