• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Cube i6 Dual OS Android / Windows - 9.7" tablet 2048x1536 px Atom Z3735F 32GB

Search This thread

Hendrickson

Aug 24, 2008
Auckland
techtablets.com
I'm waiting on a delviery from DHL today, the Cube i6 dual OS. It's very similar to the dual boot Teclast X98 Air 3G and the Onda v919. However this time it's in black! The others you can only get in white. It's lacking HDMI unlike the X98 Air 3G and only comes in 32GB for now. It also has the slight slower Z3735F 1.8ghz CPU. But I have heard good things about cube's build quality so it will be interesting to see how it compares to the Teclast 98 Air 3G and the Onda V919 Air 3G. I'll update this post with an unboxing video, hands on and first impressions. I ordered this from geekbuying.com instead of Ali Express as my sellers on Ali Express didn't seem to have stock and geekbuying.com has paypal.

First impressions:

The build quality of the Cube i6 is a step up from my Onda v919 or Teclast X98 Air 3G, I love the way the microsd card slot and micro sim card tray is done. It's a nice touch. Overall the tablet feels very solid in hand it feels better than the other retina tablets I've owned. There is no sighs of the tablet flexing, it's very solid. Thickness is around 9mm, so a bit thicker than the X98 Air 3G.

Antutu score is 31k, this is just behind the LG G3 according to the chart. The Android rom is really nice, a very stock looking Android rom with no bloat (Well if you count the facebook app) Windows 8.1 Bing actives withotu any issues and Windows everything is working just fine.

Pros:
  • Best build quality I have seen yet on a Chinese retina iPad air clone.
  • Mirco sim slot and not a normal sim slot.
  • Comes in black
  • Stock Android rom is bloat free and very Nexus like.
  • GPS, 3G
  • WiDi / Miracast works.
  • Battery life as good as my Teclast X98 Air 3G

Cons:
  • No HDMI port
  • MHL doesn't seem to be supported
  • The screen has a slight grain to it as if it has a matte screen under the touch screen glass.

Overall:
I think if your in the market for a dual boot tablet, the Cube i6 shouldn't be overlooked if you can live with the lack of Hdmi output. The price of $209 with the discount coupon is cheaper than the Onda v919 or Teclast X98 Air 3G dual boots.

Hands on videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmC48r4evE (Cube i6 Vs the Onda v919)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdLe2yWfKSQ (Cube i6 unboxing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJeXJ8hJW4k OS switching demo, from Windows to Android and back.

Specs:

Model Cube I6 Air 3G
Screen Information 9.7" IPS Retina 10 point Touch Capacitive Screen
Resolution 2048x1536px
CPU
Intel Z3735F Quad Core UP to 1.8GHz

GPU HD Graphic Gen7
Operation System Windows 8.1+Android 4.4 Dual System
RAM 2GB
ROM(Storage) 32GB
Extend Card Support TF card up to 32GB extended
Camera Rear Camera:5.0MP
Front Camera:2.0MP
Bluetooth YES
GPS YES
HDMI N/A
WIFi Yes, 802.11 b/g/n
2G GSM(Phone Call) GSM 900/1800MHz
3G WCDMA 900/2100MHz
Video AVI/MOV/MP4/RMVB/FLV/MKV?
Music MP3/WMA/WAV/APE/AAC/FLAC/OGG
Ebook UMD,TXT,PDF,HTML,RTF,FB2?
Other Applications
File Manager,OfficeSuite,Google Search, Browser,Gallery,Clock,

Calculator, Calendar,iReader,Email etc

Language Multi- language support
Connectivity 1 x SIM Card Slot
1 x Micro USB port
1 x TF card slot
1 x Earphone port
Battery 8000MAh
Work Time Up to 6 hours
Power Device Adapter Input 100/240V Output 5V-2A
Product Size 237x170x8.8mm
Net Weight 500g
Package including 1 x Tablet PC
1 x Charger
1 x Micro USB Cable

Last edited:

sambutler86

Nov 12, 2014
Looking forward to this..

I'm still leaning towards the teclast, but the 900Mhz 3g would be much better.....although whether that is worth foregoing the hdmi port. Am I also correct in that the entire body is plastic, unlike the teclast.

I'm also interested as to whether this has faster eMMC than the Teclast.

Hendrickson

Aug 24, 2008
Auckland
techtablets.com

thermoska

May 17, 2010
Prague
card issues

Hi. I have my cube i6 air for three days now.
During windows update i do always lost my sd card capability. Card is found in windows device manager, but could not start, error 10. I have tried a lot of things I googled. Nothing except full wipe of windows helps (from windows menu not rom changing). Do you have the same issue ? I have kingston 32g class 10. Android sees card without issue

I wonder if there will be some custom roms and updates.
Disk is separated strangely an i think we can double userspace with customized partitioning. Any advices ?

Anyway, tablet is perfect, i do have better experience like with galaxy tab 2.
Windows come fully activated.
Tablet does not support mhl :(

Automatic turn off of screen does not work in both OS.

Hendrickson

Aug 24, 2008
Auckland
techtablets.com
Hi. I have my cube i6 air for three days now.
During windows update i do always lost my sd card capability. Card is found in windows device manager, but could not start, error 10. I have tried a lot of things I googled. Nothing except full wipe of windows helps (from windows menu not rom changing). Do you have the same issue ? I have kingston 32g class 10. Android sees card without issue

I wonder if there will be some custom roms and updates.
Disk is separated strangely an i think we can double userspace with customized partitioning. Any advices ?

Anyway, tablet is perfect, i do have better experience like with galaxy tab 2.
Windows come fully activated.
Tablet does not support mhl :(

Automatic turn off of screen does not work in both OS.

My 64GB sandisk mircosdcard works in it without any issues, have you tired doing a full recovery wipe? Does an SD card work find in Android? If its good in android it has to be a software issue in Windows.

I'm happy with my Cube i6, loving the build quality and having a retina tablet in black instead of white. How do you find the display? Next to my X98 Air 3G or Onda v919, the display is a bit grainy, like it has a matte screen protector on it under the glass.

thermoska

May 17, 2010
Prague
My 64GB sandisk mircosdcard works in it without any issues, have you tired doing a full recovery wipe? Does an SD card work find in Android? If its good in android it has to be a software issue in Windows.

I'm happy with my Cube i6, loving the build quality and having a retina tablet in black instead of white. How do you find the display? Next to my X98 Air 3G or Onda v919, the display is a bit grainy, like it has a matte screen protector on it under the glass.
I though 64gb is not supported. According to technical data of manufacturer.

Android have no issue with card, it is visible and fully operational. I know its a software issue of windows itself. I just do not want to do a full wipe/reset every second day.

Regarding display, its gorgeous. I can compare it to my galaxy tab 2 only. And Galaxy tab 2 looses on every point.

I have rooted android with king root. I would like to have custom recovery. However partiotioning is really crazy here.

Do you know about some GURUs which are taking care about custom recovery and other stuff ?
I think a lot of space can be freed by simple repartitionig of tablet.

phjean

Apr 5, 2015
cube i6 dual boot: Issues on windows 8.1

Hello,

I have acquired a cube i6 dual boot tablet, and I met several problems on Windows OS: WiFi keys are not preserved when the OS is rebooted, Bluetooth equipments are not detected (in fact the first time I activated the Bluetooth I was able to associate an equipment, but after a reboot it is no more possible). The reseller said me that it is probably a firmware problem and there is no way for the moment to solve it. As nobody is taking about that I would like to know if I'm the only one with these problems or if a fix exist. I made a post on cube web site but I received no answers.
Does someone can help me?
Thanks

Rohan Medagoda

Apr 20, 2015
Cube i6 air Dual Boot

I have recently bought a cube i6 air dual boot and its a fine machine with customer satisfaction. However I have found few lags in both os:
1. The clock of the windows os does not sync after booting and I had to manually sync it. So got to install a third party soft for auto sync with the internet.
2. It accepts only up to 4GB of pen drives. Any thing greater than 4GB does not connect in both os sides.
3. The Bluetooth devices sync with the android os do not auto connect after boot. They have to be unpaired and re paired for next use. I think need a os update which is not available for the moment.
If any body knows how to correct this please be good enough to help me.

yppat

Dec 6, 2012
Dual to Single

I think I have decided to get this tablet and I am very curious about the dual boot. The difference in price between single (android) and dual boot is minimal so I am wondering if at some time I decided to just want android, is it possible to just make the tab all android (single boot)?

s920

Nov 5, 2013
charging very SLOW. takes forever to full charge. tried a few chargers, all the same. other than this everything works well.

Blandroid

Jan 25, 2014
London
I've just thought..........................have you tried pulling down the notification tray and seeing if there's an icon like this present:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gjo4m5k0axgpq5v/OS Switch.jpg?dl=0

It's the OS Switcher and if it's there, you need to click on it and it will boot from Android to Windows.

If it's not - you need to contact whoever it was that sold it to you for a solution.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm waiting on a delviery from DHL today, the Cube i6 dual OS. It's very similar to the dual boot Teclast X98 Air 3G and the Onda v919. However this time it's in black! The others you can only get in white. It's lacking HDMI unlike the X98 Air 3G and only comes in 32GB for now. It also has the slight slower Z3735F 1.8ghz CPU. But I have heard good things about cube's build quality so it will be interesting to see how it compares to the Teclast 98 Air 3G and the Onda V919 Air 3G. I'll update this post with an unboxing video, hands on and first impressions. I ordered this from geekbuying.com instead of Ali Express as my sellers on Ali Express didn't seem to have stock and geekbuying.com has paypal.

First impressions:

The build quality of the Cube i6 is a step up from my Onda v919 or Teclast X98 Air 3G, I love the way the microsd card slot and micro sim card tray is done. It's a nice touch. Overall the tablet feels very solid in hand it feels better than the other retina tablets I've owned. There is no sighs of the tablet flexing, it's very solid. Thickness is around 9mm, so a bit thicker than the X98 Air 3G.

Antutu score is 31k, this is just behind the LG G3 according to the chart. The Android rom is really nice, a very stock looking Android rom with no bloat (Well if you count the facebook app) Windows 8.1 Bing actives withotu any issues and Windows everything is working just fine.

Pros:
    • Best build quality I have seen yet on a Chinese retina iPad air clone.
    • Mirco sim slot and not a normal sim slot.
    • Comes in black
    • Stock Android rom is bloat free and very Nexus like.
    • GPS, 3G
    • WiDi / Miracast works.
    • Battery life as good as my Teclast X98 Air 3G

Cons:
    • No HDMI port
    • MHL doesn't seem to be supported
    • The screen has a slight grain to it as if it has a matte screen under the touch screen glass.

Overall:
    I think if your in the market for a dual boot tablet, the Cube i6 shouldn't be overlooked if you can live with the lack of Hdmi output. The price of $209 with the discount coupon is cheaper than the Onda v919 or Teclast X98 Air 3G dual boots.

Hands on videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmC48r4evE (Cube i6 Vs the Onda v919)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdLe2yWfKSQ (Cube i6 unboxing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJeXJ8hJW4k OS switching demo, from Windows to Android and back.

Specs:

Model Cube I6 Air 3G
    Screen Information 9.7" IPS Retina 10 point Touch Capacitive Screen
    Resolution 2048x1536px
    CPU
    Intel Z3735F Quad Core UP to 1.8GHz

GPU HD Graphic Gen7
    Operation System Windows 8.1+Android 4.4 Dual System
    RAM 2GB
    ROM(Storage) 32GB
    Extend Card Support TF card up to 32GB extended
    Camera Rear Camera:5.0MP
    Front Camera:2.0MP
    Bluetooth YES
    GPS YES
    HDMI N/A
    WIFi Yes, 802.11 b/g/n
    2G GSM(Phone Call) GSM 900/1800MHz
    3G WCDMA 900/2100MHz
    Video AVI/MOV/MP4/RMVB/FLV/MKV?
    Music MP3/WMA/WAV/APE/AAC/FLAC/OGG
    Ebook UMD,TXT,PDF,HTML,RTF,FB2?
    Other Applications
    File Manager,OfficeSuite,Google Search, Browser,Gallery,Clock,

Calculator, Calendar,iReader,Email etc

Language Multi- language support
    Connectivity 1 x SIM Card Slot
    1 x Micro USB port
    1 x TF card slot
    1 x Earphone port
    Battery 8000MAh
    Work Time Up to 6 hours
    Power Device Adapter Input 100/240V Output 5V-2A
    Product Size 237x170x8.8mm
    Net Weight 500g
    Package including 1 x Tablet PC
    1 x Charger
    1 x Micro USB Cable
    Reserved fore more info, links, reviews etc.
    I've got the message, that windows 10 is ready to install but should this work on this tablet without loosing any function?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/guide-how-to-install-windows-10-t3252042
    I recently got a Cube i6 (Wi-Fi only) with Android 4.4 + Windows 10 Pro from gearbest.

The device worked fine, but I found two issues. One I found a solution in your forum, but another I am not able to sort out. Any assistance is much appreciated.

Problem 1:
    When running Windows update, all the smaller updates go along fine after the first or second attempt. however when it comes to "Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586", the upgrade is downloaded, but fails with the error "We couldn't update the system reserved partition". How can I overcome this?

I wrote to cube-tablet.com, but got a support response saying sort it out with your reseller, even though its not a hardware issue :(

Problem 2:
    The switch from Android to Windows 10 is seamless as there is an icon in the notification panel called "OS Switch". On Windows 10 though there is a problem named the same, it refuses to run. I found that I could switch from Windows 10, but manually running the "Insyde Dual OS WMI Service", which prompts me to carryout the OS switch, and on confirmation it proceeds. However why the app provided cannot do it, or why this service refuses to auto-start I have not been able to resolve.