• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Cube i6 Dual OS Android / Windows - 9.7" tablet 2048x1536 px Atom Z3735F 32GB

Search This thread

rayaz

Feb 21, 2011
Colombo

Thanks, will give it a try.

Anyone who can provide me answers to the following,

In the above links, I notice they say "press ESC" to go to bios. Does this mean I can connect a OTG cable, and a keyboard ? does it detect USB keyboards?

If the above works, will I be able to also attach an external CD and try to install a new Windows 10 copy removing the existing copy? Since the key is in the bios, the activation should work fine? Anyone tried this root?

rayaz

Feb 21, 2011
Colombo
Thanks, will give it a try.

Anyone who can provide me answers to the following,

In the above links, I notice they say "press ESC" to go to bios. Does this mean I can connect a OTG cable, and a keyboard ? does it detect USB keyboards?

If the above works, will I be able to also attach an external CD and try to install a new Windows 10 copy removing the existing copy? Since the key is in the bios, the activation should work fine? Anyone tried this root?

Hi,

I managed to try the OTG root. But sadly seems to have not helped.

1. Found an article that said to select SHIFT + F10 and change a registry setting value to help continue the Windows recovery installation. The registry hack did work, but then it came to a famous error where the OS setup reboots at 64% (many a forum reports this issue, but no fix).
2. Then I tried connecting a keyboard and mouse via the OTG cable (yes worked fine) and also created an USB Windows 10 installation drive. When I press ESC yes the bios menus's are accessible. The menus are accessible via keyboard and mouse, but not via touch !!!
3. I tried going through the recovery path, but this time it simply rebooted and went into a black screen
4. Then I tried to start a new installation of Windows 10, and deleted the Windows partition, but this time Windows says the partition does not have space (shows 22.1 GB, and 22GB free).
5. I then deleted it, and created it as a NTFS primary partition via diskpart
6. I tried installing again, but I get the same no space error which is baffling me :(

cwkhong

Jan 3, 2008
No root

I though 64gb is not supported. According to technical data of manufacturer.

Android have no issue with card, it is visible and fully operational. I know its a software issue of windows itself. I just do not want to do a full wipe/reset every second day.

Regarding display, its gorgeous. I can compare it to my galaxy tab 2 only. And Galaxy tab 2 looses on every point.

I have rooted android with king root. I would like to have custom recovery. However partiotioning is really crazy here.

Do you know about some GURUs which are taking care about custom recovery and other stuff ?
I think a lot of space can be freed by simple repartitionig of tablet.

my tab came prerooted. I reflashed android after screwing up something. now no root
I tried so many methods to root including kingroot but nothing works. root checker shows 'root is improperly installed'
btw my laptop is Windows 10. Haven't try with other version yet
any help how to root?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm waiting on a delviery from DHL today, the Cube i6 dual OS. It's very similar to the dual boot Teclast X98 Air 3G and the Onda v919. However this time it's in black! The others you can only get in white. It's lacking HDMI unlike the X98 Air 3G and only comes in 32GB for now. It also has the slight slower Z3735F 1.8ghz CPU. But I have heard good things about cube's build quality so it will be interesting to see how it compares to the Teclast 98 Air 3G and the Onda V919 Air 3G. I'll update this post with an unboxing video, hands on and first impressions. I ordered this from geekbuying.com instead of Ali Express as my sellers on Ali Express didn't seem to have stock and geekbuying.com has paypal.

First impressions:

The build quality of the Cube i6 is a step up from my Onda v919 or Teclast X98 Air 3G, I love the way the microsd card slot and micro sim card tray is done. It's a nice touch. Overall the tablet feels very solid in hand it feels better than the other retina tablets I've owned. There is no sighs of the tablet flexing, it's very solid. Thickness is around 9mm, so a bit thicker than the X98 Air 3G.

Antutu score is 31k, this is just behind the LG G3 according to the chart. The Android rom is really nice, a very stock looking Android rom with no bloat (Well if you count the facebook app) Windows 8.1 Bing actives withotu any issues and Windows everything is working just fine.

Pros:
    • Best build quality I have seen yet on a Chinese retina iPad air clone.
    • Mirco sim slot and not a normal sim slot.
    • Comes in black
    • Stock Android rom is bloat free and very Nexus like.
    • GPS, 3G
    • WiDi / Miracast works.
    • Battery life as good as my Teclast X98 Air 3G

Cons:
    • No HDMI port
    • MHL doesn't seem to be supported
    • The screen has a slight grain to it as if it has a matte screen under the touch screen glass.

Overall:
    I think if your in the market for a dual boot tablet, the Cube i6 shouldn't be overlooked if you can live with the lack of Hdmi output. The price of $209 with the discount coupon is cheaper than the Onda v919 or Teclast X98 Air 3G dual boots.

Hands on videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmC48r4evE (Cube i6 Vs the Onda v919)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdLe2yWfKSQ (Cube i6 unboxing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJeXJ8hJW4k OS switching demo, from Windows to Android and back.

Specs:

Model Cube I6 Air 3G
    Screen Information 9.7" IPS Retina 10 point Touch Capacitive Screen
    Resolution 2048x1536px
    CPU
    Intel Z3735F Quad Core UP to 1.8GHz

GPU HD Graphic Gen7
    Operation System Windows 8.1+Android 4.4 Dual System
    RAM 2GB
    ROM(Storage) 32GB
    Extend Card Support TF card up to 32GB extended
    Camera Rear Camera:5.0MP
    Front Camera:2.0MP
    Bluetooth YES
    GPS YES
    HDMI N/A
    WIFi Yes, 802.11 b/g/n
    2G GSM(Phone Call) GSM 900/1800MHz
    3G WCDMA 900/2100MHz
    Video AVI/MOV/MP4/RMVB/FLV/MKV?
    Music MP3/WMA/WAV/APE/AAC/FLAC/OGG
    Ebook UMD,TXT,PDF,HTML,RTF,FB2?
    Other Applications
    File Manager,OfficeSuite,Google Search, Browser,Gallery,Clock,

Calculator, Calendar,iReader,Email etc

Language Multi- language support
    Connectivity 1 x SIM Card Slot
    1 x Micro USB port
    1 x TF card slot
    1 x Earphone port
    Battery 8000MAh
    Work Time Up to 6 hours
    Power Device Adapter Input 100/240V Output 5V-2A
    Product Size 237x170x8.8mm
    Net Weight 500g
    Package including 1 x Tablet PC
    1 x Charger
    1 x Micro USB Cable
    Reserved fore more info, links, reviews etc.
    I've got the message, that windows 10 is ready to install but should this work on this tablet without loosing any function?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/guide-how-to-install-windows-10-t3252042
    I recently got a Cube i6 (Wi-Fi only) with Android 4.4 + Windows 10 Pro from gearbest.

The device worked fine, but I found two issues. One I found a solution in your forum, but another I am not able to sort out. Any assistance is much appreciated.

Problem 1:
    When running Windows update, all the smaller updates go along fine after the first or second attempt. however when it comes to "Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586", the upgrade is downloaded, but fails with the error "We couldn't update the system reserved partition". How can I overcome this?

I wrote to cube-tablet.com, but got a support response saying sort it out with your reseller, even though its not a hardware issue :(

Problem 2:
    The switch from Android to Windows 10 is seamless as there is an icon in the notification panel called "OS Switch". On Windows 10 though there is a problem named the same, it refuses to run. I found that I could switch from Windows 10, but manually running the "Insyde Dual OS WMI Service", which prompts me to carryout the OS switch, and on confirmation it proceeds. However why the app provided cannot do it, or why this service refuses to auto-start I have not been able to resolve.