• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Cube i7 Stylus

Search This thread

murakh

Dec 5, 2008
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Redmi K20 Pro
Hi
Anyone still using this device
I had my device since 2015
At 2020 its stopped charging
I tried to fix it with no benefit
Even local repair guys can't
Anyone has the diagram of the main board
Or the IC that is supposed to do charging
Or power IC
I tried to charge battery directly but it didn't help it won't turn on
Strangely enough I pulled mine out a few weeks back and it also would not charge. Decided to take it apart myself and I eventually found that the surface mounted + tab from the DC input socket had pulled off the PCB (including pulling some of the copper trace off). There was only the smallest amount of movement though so it was initially hard to tell it had actually pulled off.

There is a tiny test point just "inwards" from the DC socket so if you are not getting any power onto the PCB then that could be the issue? I managed to scrape off the coating to reveal enough copper trace to the test point that I could re-solder the DC socket tab and now all works fine again.

jhunkab

Hi
Anyone still using this device
I had my device since 2015
At 2020 its stopped charging
I tried to fix it with no benefit
Even local repair guys can't
Anyone has the diagram of the main board
Or the IC that is supposed to do charging
Or power IC
I tried to charge battery directly but it didn't help it won't turn on
I am still using it have latest win 10 21h1 on it. Was looking for its keyboard, but that part is not available anywhere.

zdanee

Sep 27, 2012
I still use mine. Bought a new battery in 2019, still works for 5-6h on average. I also have a keyboard for it I practically never used because I started using a BT one instead.

MackKnife

Jul 24, 2021
I may have colossally messed up with mine... I wanted to sell it to a friend but tried to reformat it using a Win10 image like an idiot, and now all it does is BSoD on boot.
Is there any way to make sure this works again? I tried looking for install images of it but all it led me to were Baidu links several months ago of which I was simply too stressed out to understand how to download from.

zdanee

Sep 27, 2012
I may have colossally messed up with mine... I wanted to sell it to a friend but tried to reformat it using a Win10 image like an idiot, and now all it does is BSoD on boot.
Is there any way to make sure this works again? I tried looking for install images of it but all it led me to were Baidu links several months ago of which I was simply too stressed out to understand how to download from.
You should be able to reinstall it from a standard Windows ISO on a flashdrive, but you'll need drivers for the rotation sensor, touchscreen and the Wacom digitizer. I changed the SSD and reinstalled it that way. I think Windows could download the drivers all by itself too, but ping me if it doesn't and I'll try to extract that from my install.

Reactions: musichem and murakh

oeriel

Apr 18, 2013
Wrocław
I was gone for a long time. I don't know if the topic is still alive, but my tablet is fine. I have some information that may be helpful to someone.

Battery

My Cube i7S already had a battery replaced once, purchased from Ali. It lasted maybe a year and a half and it started to swell. The voltage is ok, it keeps well, but it has grown. So much so that it pushed the bottom of my screen with touch out of the bezel. I took it out quickly and was temporarily without batteries.
I ordered two cells, 3.09mm thick and sized so that 2 pieces take up half the space inside the tablet.
It is enough for me, it is about 65% of the original, but I have to have any time if the power goes out. So that I can write everything down calmly.
Calibrated battery, soldered to the old module of the previous battery.

So... Cost of battery (2 cells of 2400 mAh) was about: 10$
Normal battery that can be bought is a cos of 40$ (including taxes and all). But most important is that I can do my own battery, I am independent of whether these batteries will be still or not.

3G slot

The second thing - interesting - is a certain connector on the motherboard. There is a plug with 10 paths - 3G.
I have the right tape and a 3G input and card. Normally I connected it all, inserted the SIM card. Then the drivers and ... I have a mobile network and internet in my tablet. This connector works, nothing needs to be soldered, nothing in the BIOS, etc. I will add photos in my free time.

The tablet is still in use, I consider it one of the best so far. You can really expand it (for a tablet). Of course, they could improve the WiFi and BT signal but that's another topic.

Reactions: musichem and murakh

rinxo

Aug 30, 2007
I was gone for a long time. I don't know if the topic is still alive, but my tablet is fine. I have some information that may be helpful to someone.

Battery

My Cube i7S already had a battery replaced once, purchased from Ali. It lasted maybe a year and a half and it started to swell. The voltage is ok, it keeps well, but it has grown. So much so that it pushed the bottom of my screen with touch out of the bezel. I took it out quickly and was temporarily without batteries.
I ordered two cells, 3.09mm thick and sized so that 2 pieces take up half the space inside the tablet.
It is enough for me, it is about 65% of the original, but I have to have any time if the power goes out. So that I can write everything down calmly.
Calibrated battery, soldered to the old module of the previous battery.

So... Cost of battery (2 cells of 2400 mAh) was about: 10$
Normal battery that can be bought is a cos of 40$ (including taxes and all). But most important is that I can do my own battery, I am independent of whether these batteries will be still or not.

3G slot

The second thing - interesting - is a certain connector on the motherboard. There is a plug with 10 paths - 3G.
I have the right tape and a 3G input and card. Normally I connected it all, inserted the SIM card. Then the drivers and ... I have a mobile network and internet in my tablet. This connector works, nothing needs to be soldered, nothing in the BIOS, etc. I will add photos in my free time.

The tablet is still in use, I consider it one of the best so far. You can really expand it (for a tablet). Of course, they could improve the WiFi and BT signal but that's another topic.
How did you the battery process, soldering and calibrating?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    7gziotjn.jpg

Details:
    • Display: 10.6" PLS, 1920x1080 with Wacom Stylus support
    • CPU: Intel Core M-5Y10c
    • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 5300
    • RAM: 4GB Dual Channel LPDDR3-1833
    • SSD: Foresee 64GB
    • Audio: Realtek ALC283
    • WiFi/Bluetooth: Realtek RTL8723BU
    • Cameras: 5.0 MP, 2.0 MP
    • Battery: 3.7V x 4300mAh x 2 cells = 31.8Wh
    • Connectivity: 3.5mm Audio, mini HDMI, microSD, micro USB 3.0, DC 12V
    • Material: Magnesium Alloy
    • Weight: 690g
    • Size: 27.4cm x 17.2cm x 10.5mm

Interior:

Drivers:

Misc (Software):

Misc (Hardware):

Accessories:
    Second Preview of Android (x86_64) 6.0 for the Cube i7:

Changelog:
    • added / fixed google apps
    • fixed minimum brightness
    • fixed battery indicator
    • fixed permission issues
    • other various small fixes
    Known issues:
    • S3 suspend not functional
    • power button not correctly mapped (fixed on next version, but correlate with suspend issue)
    • Bluetooth not working correctly (fixed on next version)
    Problems that may occur:
    • first boot may take some time
    • first download on play store may take some time

Here is a first release of Android x86 for the Cube i7 Stylus.
    (please note this is only a preview version, there are some issues)

Unfortunately Android 5.1 is currently not useable in a meaningful way, surfaceflinger crashes regularly (orientation change, suspend, using usb device) so i decided to use Android 4.4 which works reasonable well.

Changelog:
    • added realtek bluetooth driver
    • added realtek wifi driver
    • added orientation sensor driver
    • fixed onscreen keyboard
    • fixed touchscreen driver
    Known issues:
    • orientation sensor is inverted
    • orientation sensor disappear after suspend
    • suspend isn't working correctly
    • 3g services are not disabled
    • wacom stylus not yet supported