• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Cube i7 Stylus

Search This thread

shunsai

Apr 4, 2007
大阪府
After my clean install of 8.1 Pro, I finally ran into the unresponsive touch screen after wake bug I read about in the early pages. I didn't have this problem before the clean install. I know about the workaround to wake it by touching the Windows Home haptic feedback button, but I'm wondering if anyone ever fixed it. Does the fact that this didn't happen in the factory install imply that it was either a driver or a registry setting?

Mar 12, 2013
@Wootever

thanks for drivers but always the same issue with bluetooth. after update it doesn t work any more.

i have three questions : i cannot have autobrightness in windows 10 settings after new install, is there a missing driver ?

On intel xtu when i changed voltage i always get a bsod (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ) with the drivers ICCWDT.sys.

on throttlestop every start i get a pop up that say : this version has expire, why , what can i do to fix it ?

thanks for all and thanks for you re amazing work :)

shunsai

Apr 4, 2007
大阪府
Core driver package updated:
  • Intel Chipset [17.08.2015 | 10.1.1.11] -> [21.09.2015 | 10.1.1.12]
  • Kionix Fusion [05.08.2015 | 1.0.28.2] -> [14.09.2015 | 1.0.30.2]
  • Kionix Sensor [05.08.2015 | 1.2.8.3] -> [14.09.2015 | 1.2.8.5]
Are these drivers only for Windows 10? My first attempt to update the device drivers on 8.1 didn't take.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

murpf

Oct 6, 2015
Is someone around who opened it and had a good look at the board? It would be amazing if there's one or two unpopulated usb ports on the board.

ropinco

Sep 29, 2015
Did you guys try the HDMI output feature? I tried it today for the first time and it didn't work. It just didn't detect my TV, I was wondering if it has something do with the BIOS I flashed and the clean install of windows 10 pro that I made. I read somewhere I had to enter in the BIOS while having the HDMI cable connected to my tablet and having the TV on and the BIOS would automatically enable the HDMI output, is this true? I can't try that right now because I don't have a usb keyboard to enter in the BIOS while booting.
I was also wondering if maybe I just got a defective HDMI port?
Thanks in advance for your answers and opinions. :good:

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

I tried the experimental bios mod and I found a Little bug. Sometimes, the system, don't shut down properly. If you press the Windows button, it vibrates.

It's totally normal for it to vibrates when you press on the windows button. About the machine not shutting down properly, I've not had any problem related to it. I also flashed the experimental bios.

JohnnyInBriz

Oct 7, 2010
Brisbane
I just tried live plugging the HDMI to a LCD monitor and it works fine. Maybe it's a resolution issue? The monitor I have is 1080p. Try opening display settings and see if you can detect the other screen in there

baaldfg

Aug 19, 2008
Geneva
I tried to install the new driver package. For most drivers the installation fails. It either says "no more data available" or the "device is in use".

Is there a way around this?
Bluetooth doesn't work for me either.

Best wishes,
Christian

oeriel

Apr 18, 2013
Wrocław
Please guys can you help me to solve this problem?? I turned on the tablet and the screen was thus.

I have the same, but done it by sucction cup. Delicate lift up. Later I've found this, so I see was many problem like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kFUhyUyz6k

On my tablet, when I lifted it up was a sound like "tup" and looks like screen peel off from back side of tablet. So this stain should not be a problem 0:)

Au5513

Sep 14, 2015
Brisbane
Almost bricked my i7 Stylus

Hi all,
I almost bricked my i7 Stylus. So I thought I'd share what happened in case someone else runs into the same problem. This forum has been gold for me. Thank you so much @Wootever and the others among you who've done work or shared solutions for this tablet.

I pressed the reset button instead of the power button while I had it open to test out shielding the wfi cord. I tried the solutions suggested by Wootever to try and unbrick it, but to no avail!
I was very worried, as it started to get VERY HOT, even though it was supposed to be switched off. It was hot for maybe upto 15 minutes before I freaked out and disconnected the battery. Thankfully I did, I think this is the only thing that saved it. It had lost a huge amount of battery, maybe even 50% during that time. After letting it cool down I reconnected the battery and switched it on. Thankfully it booted up! I don't recall if I tried pressing the reset button again before booting up, I may have.

Either way, the take home message is, there is a chance that pressing the reset button incorrectly could put it into a loop. If you notice it heating up, even though it is not "on", just disconnect the battery.

Reactions: robinrobb

majkel_94

Dec 14, 2012
Katowice
If someone have an irritating problem with screen auto-dimming, depending on what is displaying on the screen - uncheck this Display Power Saving Technology:
39522d1394671152-adaptive-brightness-turn-off-windows-8-a-intel_hd_control_panel.jpg

There is also a little bug in Windows when you plug your power supply when Windows isn't on (sleep, powered off, etc.) - read this too:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3046889

Reactions: oeriel

ProTechShark

Mar 2, 2015
Hey, I'm considering getting one, but there appear to be two different versions, one with windows 8 and one with windows 10. Is there any difference hardware-wise? Can I just update the windows 8 one to windows 10?

shunsai

Apr 4, 2007
大阪府
Hey, I'm considering getting one, but there appear to be two different versions, one with windows 8 and one with windows 10. Is there any difference hardware-wise? Can I just update the windows 8 one to windows 10?

No, there's no difference in the hardware.
Yes, you can update to Windows 10.

Chances are that you'll get a Windows 10 version though, so you probably won't have to upgrade.
Just beware that Chinese companies play fast and loose with software licenses, so don't be surprised to find questionably activated Windows. The machine itself though is great. I just received my keyboard dock yesterday and am still breaking it in. If you like to tinker and tweak, I highly recommend getting one.

pinchermen

Oct 7, 2015
@Wootever
Experimental Bios Mod v3.3
After installation you need to set • Update Management Engine.
And does it make sense to put Adjust device TDP and voltage? Or has it already sewn in this version of the BIOS?

Last edited:

ProTechShark

Mar 2, 2015
No, there's no difference in the hardware.
Yes, you can update to Windows 10.

Chances are that you'll get a Windows 10 version though, so you probably won't have to upgrade.
Just beware that Chinese companies play fast and loose with software licenses, so don't be surprised to find questionably activated Windows. The machine itself though is great. I just received my keyboard dock yesterday and am still breaking it in. If you like to tinker and tweak, I highly recommend getting one.
If I receive it and it isn't activated can I install windows 7, use my windows 7 key then upgrade to windows 10?

Heishiro1988

Dec 10, 2010
If I receive it and it isn't activated can I install windows 7, use my windows 7 key then upgrade to windows 10?

Yes, you can. But be careful, I dotn't know if the win8 drivers will work on win7, and you need the drivers to get win7 activated (Wifi).

You can also activate it by phone.

PD. A little question, I'm using Spanish keyboard Layout(stikers) and I haven't a key to put < and > (I put them in the AltGr+z and AltGr+x combinations). Can I remap the .com key? How?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hewell

Top Liked Posts