"Curved" Tempered Glass Screen Protector Thread (S7 EDGE)

Search This thread

marathmartin

Aug 8, 2016
s7 edge protector

Dear forum
I've a s7 edge. I don't like protector as they transform thin mobile phones in fat ones. However, in this case, as the phone is very slippery I bought a Chinese Amazon protector for frontal screen. It is horrible. My s5 has a back rubber case that keeps the phone in my hand. This one is like butter. So, I'm thinking trying this w w w .intelliarmor.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-black.html . Should I?

Sorry about poor English and thanks to you all.

Best regards
Marath

Amin Sabet

Aug 27, 2010
Boston, MA
I tried a few the wet mount screen protectors (Zagg HD, IQ Shield, Armorsuit) and couldn't stand the rubbery feel and loss of clarity. Had avoided the glass ones because of reports that they wouldn't work with a case.

Today on a whim I got a Proglass (Tzumi) S7 Edge tempered glass screen protector from Wal-Mart. Nice package - very easy to install. After putting it on, I put the phone in my most screen protector-friendly case, which is a Ringke Slim. This one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AIRE1PY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The thing about that case is that it is about a millimeter more away from the display than my other cases (Otterbox Symmetry, iBlason Clear) are.

Turns out, the Ringke Slim case and Proglass screen protector are a good match for one another. Just the tiniest bit of clearance between them. Very pleased with the combination! Only issue is that the back and menu buttons are harder to push. I can live with it.

EDIT / UPDATE - I spoke too soon. Now realize that I have major sensitivity issues like @radtech777 mentioned in the next post :(. Have gone back to living without a screen protector.

Last edited:
Reactions: nick323

drummerman

Jun 17, 2016
Bournemouth
I tried a few the wet mount screen protectors (Zagg HD, IQ Shield, Armorsuit) and couldn't stand the rubbery feel and loss of clarity. Had avoided the glass ones because of reports that they wouldn't work with a case.

Today on a whim I got a Proglass (Tzumi) S7 Edge tempered glass screen protector from Wal-Mart. Nice package - very easy to install. After putting it on, I put the phone in my most screen protector-friendly case, which is a Ringke Slim. This one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AIRE1PY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The thing about that case is that it is about a millimeter more away from the display than my other cases (Otterbox Symmetry, iBlason Clear) are.

Turns out, the Ringke Slim case and Proglass screen protector are a good match for one another. Just the tiniest bit of clearance between them. Very pleased with the combination! Only issue is that the back and menu buttons are harder to push. I can live with it.

EDIT / UPDATE - I spoke too soon. Now realize that I have major sensitivity issues like @radtech777 mentioned in the next post :(. Have gone back to living without a screen protector.

Sorry to hear that but I really don't understand these ... 'I applied a screen protectors 2 hours ago and it's great ... ' contributions.

Why don't folks wait a couple of weeks and then post their findings?

Most of which will probably state that most protectors are garbage and a complete waste of money.

Reactions: s8freak

s8freak

Jan 17, 2013
Sanger
Sorry to hear that but I really don't understand these ... 'I applied a screen protectors 2 hours ago and it's great ... ' contributions.

Most of which will probably state that most protectors are garbage and a complete waste of money.
Agreed I've actually found flaws showing within 3 days or so.
I'm about done with TGSP for my S7E

"And on that bombshell" Sent from my Echoe powered AEL driven G935F

Amin Sabet

Aug 27, 2010
Boston, MA

Sorry, got caught up in the excitement :eek:.

Iakona

Oct 22, 2013
So I bought this one and installed it last Wednesday. Must say that the adhesive and fit are fantastic! Will work with any case I'm pretty sure since it's not even near the edges. Which leads into my next point, the edges don't stick at all. There is NO adhesive is what I'm saying, just on the top and bottom. But even with that I had zero clicking which I've had with all the others I've tried (never tried the AT or GPEL). So, since the edges don't adhere of course dust and actually some drops of water got underneath it. This was all in just under a week. I will take some pix when I get home. I think the biggest problem is, as some have stated before, is that it's so hard to get the 'curve' correct. Even when I dry fitted it I could tell I was going to have issues with the edges not touching the actual screen.

So all that to say that for me, this is another fail.. Although it's the closest I've come of course not trying the GPEL or the AT yet.

Iakona

Oct 22, 2013
So I bought this one and installed it last Wednesday. Must say that the adhesive and fit are fantastic! Will work with any case I'm pretty sure since it's not even near the edges. Which leads into my next point, the edges don't stick at all. There is NO adhesive is what I'm saying, just on the top and bottom. But even with that I had zero clicking which I've had with all the others I've tried (never tried the AT or GPEL). So, since the edges don't adhere of course dust and actually some drops of water got underneath it. This was all in just under a week. I will take some pix when I get home. I think the biggest problem is, as some have stated before, is that it's so hard to get the 'curve' correct. Even when I dry fitted it I could tell I was going to have issues with the edges not touching the actual screen.

So all that to say that for me, this is another fail.. Although it's the closest I've come of course not trying the GPEL or the AT yet.
0be6db428e9241bf05d194f46d4211ca.jpg

9e5ddbf9bdb9d1d7ee7e7002d7d340f9.jpg

3129088886f9d0a2378fe2acf92c02f2.jpg

nocode99

Dec 6, 2010
I bought the gpel for the S7 Edge and pretty happy with it. Fairly easy to install and worked with my case https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BD02SD2 There's adhesive on the top/bottom portions of of the protector. Hopefully, it doesn't lead any permanent residue but I can't imagine I'll be taking this off any time soon. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this over a film protector.

Couple issues:
1. The touchscreen is not as sensitive, more so on the edges. I actually found the S7 a little too sensitive, but some areas need decent effort to get a response.
2. I have a tiny amount of air in one small area that comes and goes. It's not noticeable when I'm using the phone (only noticeable when it's off).

SEVENEDGE

Mar 28, 2016
Has anyone tried the gpel gen2 with the spigen tough armor case?

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Why doesn't the tanaab come in colors other than black
The Gpel will only work with thin fit cases or cases that don't grab passed the edges. I asked Gpel for a refund....dust has gotten inside. My just go with the Iq shields Fullscreen protector and a thin case or my knock off otterbox defender or non branded supcase.

VZ S7 EDGE ONYX

jdogg4000

Dec 31, 2008
Hi everyone, could someone please tell me a good make of pet / film screen protector for the S7 Edge, I'm also using a Unicorn Beetle pro case, cheers ????

I have used best skins ever and bodyguardz. Bodyguardz is by far the best feeling and least orange peel effect but while it does cover the edge it does it barely and therefore you can feel the skins edge when using edge features.

Best skins ever had orange peel effect and a little more rubbery feeling but covers more of the edge and doesn't interfere with edge functions.

Both are case friendly and I would recommend them but I don't like orange peel effect so I use bodyguardz.

If anyone knows a film that is case friendly and doesn't have orange peel effect and covers the edge more please let me know.

LauCass

Sep 13, 2010
Marseille
Force Glass protection

I just installed the Force Glass protection and I'm really happy with the result. Here are some pictures of the box content and the result, click on the pictures for high resolution:

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris_c81

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This arrived today and I honestly think this could be the answer we've been waiting for.

de7e85dd2d4a8179ecc12041bb4ef43d.jpg

c644ad82f37acfdcb476bd4012e2c36e.jpg

http://www.amazingat.com/products/a...-s7-edge-fully-covered-3d-curved-supremeglass

I've installed it just so haven't had a great deal of time with it but first observations:

- installation was a cinch. The instalation stand makes it a lot easier to apply.

- as advertised it doesn't use tape to secure the protector to the screen. It looks like some sort of clear sillicone which looks a lot neater and doesn't seem to attract particles of dust etc which the tape based ones do. You can barely see it on the edges as it's positioned so well it runs parallel with the visible screen edge.

- feel is excellent, glass like. It's pretty thin too. I'd say <0.33mm.

- not experienced any issues with sensitivity. Feels like it sits real close to the screen.

- I'm not sure if it has a Dot matrix. Think I caught a glimpse of one at one angle but I can't see it again now. If it has, it's pretty small and discreet.

- it covers the whole screen and is 100% transparent.

- worked fine with official samsung led flip case

I'll get some photos of it on the phone later.

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Starting thread for Tempered Glass screen Protectors that cover the whole entire front display* and edge*

AMAZINGthing ASAHI Premium Tempered Glass Full Screen Protector
    $29.90 Clear

GPEL Full Coverage Accessory Glass by Corning® Screen Protector
    $25.00 Black Gold Silver
    Zagg Glass Curve Review

The Zagg Glass Curve is a decent tempered glass screen protector that is unforgiving if you must reapply it. I received it in the mail yesterday directly from Zagg. I immediately applied it and noticed the following:
    (1) The color used to mask the adhesive is not spot on but does indeed give the illusion that the screen protector is a permanently fixed part of the phone.
    (2) The cutouts for the Samsung logo, camera and sensors are not actually etched out, but rather portions of the glass where there is no adhesive (see the image below).
    (3) It is thin - unfortunately I do not have a caliper to measure the actual thickness but it does a good job of 'disappearing'.

I left the protector on before removing it only a few hours later, this brings me to the following points:
    (1) The air gap between the screen and the protector was causing a strange oil slick effect at extreme (non-practical) viewing angles. I unfortunately did not get a shot of this. Please note that this protector does have a 'dot matrix' pattern in order to prevent this from appearing during normal use.
    (2) The adhesive is only good for one application. I attempted to fit the VRS Designs Shine Guard and the protector instantly lifted at all four corners. After reapplication I noticed that the screen was less sensitive just below the Samsung logo and on the lower left and right hand edges. This screen protector is not case friendly. Minus the one exception I discovered; it is compatible with the Spigen Thin Fit.

On a positive note, the glass surface is very smooth and has an oleophobic coating that rivals the phone's glass surface, i.e. it's not a fingerprint 'magnet'.

I do not believe this is the screen protector many have been anticipating. I’d look elsewhere when considering a screen protector for this phone.
    Hey guys.

So bad news (for me) and good news (for everyone else) .

I received my amazingthing protector. And it is indeed an amazing thing (no pun intended) .

It is perfectly clear, even though it appears to me there is no adhesive on the screen. But once u slap it on, it is just like a normal Tempered glass in terms of clarity and touch. So it is definitly a certified go.

Now the bad news for me is that I installed it on my S7E, and then tried to force it into the UAG case, and in doing so I cracked the protector! It broke pretty easily so be careful and don't try to pressure it into any case. Rigid cases like the uag are a no go. But soft and slim cases are ok. I have ordered another one.

But yea, the amazingthing is what we have all been waiting for. If u have been waiting for a proper protector then pull the trigger on this one.

bdce63e1990c85e1daaeac3ead76f8b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    131a9e5fba750c6bea00a575653ae116.jpg

6023283d961a759b3d030f13cc5a36b8.jpg

0872a2c1c14ac6494b0fd3eff5e5cb21.jpg

07113c49ab94e4c3c8ce683485413e2c.jpg

c7688b84eb08e1e77d2b4d7f491abbe0.jpg

8036c362a4e71f329ff6294bed05fa3b.jpg

Quality best I can do had to use work phone!

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app