"Curved" Tempered Glass Screen Protector Thread (S7 EDGE)

Search This thread

LauCass

Sep 13, 2010
Marseille
Did u try any case with it? The adhesive where is it?
Any click sound?
Not tried any case since I prefer my phone without case. However I read reports from people in France who use it with Samsung case without any problem.
The adhesive is on the bottom, on the top and on the sides, everywhere there is the gold color.
No click sound at all.

Reactions: zgeo

SEVENEDGE

Mar 28, 2016
You're right, but I can, no, I must live with this :)! I got on 2 places under the protector a shiny shimmer.. Don't know that this is, maybe dust or dirt.. :)
I have dust and rainbow slick lines one mine... wondering if I should go back to film....

VZ S7 EDGE ONYX

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Been semi-naked for several weeks now. I've totally given up on TGSP. All I've had on over the last few weeks is front and back TPU films with occasional LED flip case use. It's actually refreshing to use the phone without a case. Added bonus is it sticks to a Spigen magnetic mount I spliced on to a Brodit in my car without additional metal plates etc. The magnet is strong enough to hold the S7E directly through its rear casing.

Sent from my S7 Edge using XDA Labs
Finally verdict for you: Don't recommend TPSP?

VZ S7 EDGE ONYX

Chris_c81

Dec 31, 2012
Northampton
I have dust and rainbow slick lines one mine... wondering if I should go back to film....

VZ S7 EDGE ONYX

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Finally verdict for you: Don't recommend TPSP?

VZ S7 EDGE ONYX

It's not for me. There just isn't a product which is satisfying enough. I've stuck with film and an insurance policy.

Sent from my S7 Edge using XDA Labs

s8freak

Jan 17, 2013
Sanger
Pro Glass update
Same sensitivity issues on bottom left driving me nuts.
Pulled it off and I'm done with TGSP for my device
It's back to Body Guardz at least the screen will be protected from inadvertent scratches.

"And on that bombshell" Sent from my Echoe powered AEL driven G935F

SEVENEDGE

Mar 28, 2016
Pro Glass update
It's back to Body Guardz at least the screen will be protected from inadvertent scratches.

Yeah, I asked for refund from GPEL and I should get a return shipping label. They have good customer service.

I had mine aligned pretty well. Senstivity issues on the bottom left as well, more on the SYM button. So when they email me my return label, I'll send the two they gave one (one being a replacement) and use the IQ shields full screen protector.

VZ S7 EDGE ONYX

s8freak

Jan 17, 2013
Sanger
Yeah, I asked for refund from GPEL and I should get a return shipping label. They have good customer service.

I had mine aligned pretty well. Senstivity issues on the bottom left as well, more on the SYM button. So when they email me my return label, I'll send the two they gave one (one being a replacement) and use the IQ shields full screen protector.

VZ S7 EDGE ONYX
Probably same manufacturer that is where my sensitivity issues were as well.
That and the capital/lowercase button as well.
GRRRRR done wasting money

redeus

Jun 2, 2013
Pro Glass update

Can you provide the link to the body guardz item you're using? Thanks.

redeus

Jun 2, 2013
Anyone know if a UK retailer sells the GPEL protector? Don't want to pay a total of £30 to ship from the US. Have already wasted so much money on useless protectors!

Reactions: MoshuXXL

ecmperalta

Sep 13, 2011
São Paulo
Just installed the Amazing Thing on mine. It was in my home for 1 month and I just installed now.

It's very good! For now I'm liking, let's see how much time it handle, the sencivity is very good, no problems, I'm typing on my my phone and every single corner is working very well without need to press, it's really sensible.

On my instalation no rainbow problem, I did the normal, just cleaned and installed, after put it I used the hair dryer to put some warm on the stick and pressed it a little more, I hope that doing this it hold on better but I don't now if it really help something.

The better part until now is the felling of glass, it feels like the phone glass, I was using a **** screen protector of PET and I really hate the felling of plastic...

Well this is my last try, if it work I'll be happy if it doesn't I'll use without screen protector! No more money wasted for this haha

Enviado de meu SM-G935F usando Tapatalk

ecmperalta

Sep 13, 2011
São Paulo
For what using the hair dryer? :) why should it help?
Maybe with the hot air (not to much) making the glue softer, after press it again the stick line holds better.

Just a little bit of hot air, than I pressed it again, maybe it get strong. This after apply it, make pressure thru the stick line to hold.

Enviado de meu SM-G935F usando Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This arrived today and I honestly think this could be the answer we've been waiting for.

de7e85dd2d4a8179ecc12041bb4ef43d.jpg

c644ad82f37acfdcb476bd4012e2c36e.jpg

http://www.amazingat.com/products/a...-s7-edge-fully-covered-3d-curved-supremeglass

I've installed it just so haven't had a great deal of time with it but first observations:

- installation was a cinch. The instalation stand makes it a lot easier to apply.

- as advertised it doesn't use tape to secure the protector to the screen. It looks like some sort of clear sillicone which looks a lot neater and doesn't seem to attract particles of dust etc which the tape based ones do. You can barely see it on the edges as it's positioned so well it runs parallel with the visible screen edge.

- feel is excellent, glass like. It's pretty thin too. I'd say <0.33mm.

- not experienced any issues with sensitivity. Feels like it sits real close to the screen.

- I'm not sure if it has a Dot matrix. Think I caught a glimpse of one at one angle but I can't see it again now. If it has, it's pretty small and discreet.

- it covers the whole screen and is 100% transparent.

- worked fine with official samsung led flip case

I'll get some photos of it on the phone later.

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Starting thread for Tempered Glass screen Protectors that cover the whole entire front display* and edge*

AMAZINGthing ASAHI Premium Tempered Glass Full Screen Protector
    $29.90 Clear

GPEL Full Coverage Accessory Glass by Corning® Screen Protector
    $25.00 Black Gold Silver
    Zagg Glass Curve Review

The Zagg Glass Curve is a decent tempered glass screen protector that is unforgiving if you must reapply it. I received it in the mail yesterday directly from Zagg. I immediately applied it and noticed the following:
    (1) The color used to mask the adhesive is not spot on but does indeed give the illusion that the screen protector is a permanently fixed part of the phone.
    (2) The cutouts for the Samsung logo, camera and sensors are not actually etched out, but rather portions of the glass where there is no adhesive (see the image below).
    (3) It is thin - unfortunately I do not have a caliper to measure the actual thickness but it does a good job of 'disappearing'.

I left the protector on before removing it only a few hours later, this brings me to the following points:
    (1) The air gap between the screen and the protector was causing a strange oil slick effect at extreme (non-practical) viewing angles. I unfortunately did not get a shot of this. Please note that this protector does have a 'dot matrix' pattern in order to prevent this from appearing during normal use.
    (2) The adhesive is only good for one application. I attempted to fit the VRS Designs Shine Guard and the protector instantly lifted at all four corners. After reapplication I noticed that the screen was less sensitive just below the Samsung logo and on the lower left and right hand edges. This screen protector is not case friendly. Minus the one exception I discovered; it is compatible with the Spigen Thin Fit.

On a positive note, the glass surface is very smooth and has an oleophobic coating that rivals the phone's glass surface, i.e. it's not a fingerprint 'magnet'.

I do not believe this is the screen protector many have been anticipating. I’d look elsewhere when considering a screen protector for this phone.
    Hey guys.

So bad news (for me) and good news (for everyone else) .

I received my amazingthing protector. And it is indeed an amazing thing (no pun intended) .

It is perfectly clear, even though it appears to me there is no adhesive on the screen. But once u slap it on, it is just like a normal Tempered glass in terms of clarity and touch. So it is definitly a certified go.

Now the bad news for me is that I installed it on my S7E, and then tried to force it into the UAG case, and in doing so I cracked the protector! It broke pretty easily so be careful and don't try to pressure it into any case. Rigid cases like the uag are a no go. But soft and slim cases are ok. I have ordered another one.

But yea, the amazingthing is what we have all been waiting for. If u have been waiting for a proper protector then pull the trigger on this one.

bdce63e1990c85e1daaeac3ead76f8b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    131a9e5fba750c6bea00a575653ae116.jpg

6023283d961a759b3d030f13cc5a36b8.jpg

0872a2c1c14ac6494b0fd3eff5e5cb21.jpg

07113c49ab94e4c3c8ce683485413e2c.jpg

c7688b84eb08e1e77d2b4d7f491abbe0.jpg

8036c362a4e71f329ff6294bed05fa3b.jpg

Quality best I can do had to use work phone!

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app