Custom ADB Magisk Module Mod Maker

Search This thread

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Yes, I installed the color base also small LTE icon and wifi/data signal icons.
Did anything show up or just 3Minit missing? Are you on Android 11?

Edit: Mymagisk.zip looks fine (unless you are still on 10). Any other modules installed that might block this one?

Last edited:

nickelnine

Sep 24, 2013
Did anything show up or just 3Minit missing? Are you on Android 11?

Edit: Mymagisk.zip looks fine (unless you are still on 10). Any other modules installed that might block this one?

Everything else showed up except 3Minit, although the 3Minit app installed, the offline icons are not applying.
I'm on 11; As far as other modules the only one theme related is substratum. Would that affect the icons from applying?

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Everything else showed up except 3Minit, although the 3Minit app installed, the offline icons are not applying.
I'm on 11; As far as other modules the only one theme related is substratum. Would that affect the icons from applying?
Yes, I believe that would do it though I wouldn't think small lte would work. Anything affecting the SystemUIGoogle.apk would block it. What are you using substratum for?

nickelnine

Sep 24, 2013
Yes, I believe that would do it though I wouldn't think small lte would work. Anything affecting the SystemUIGoogle.apk would block it. What are you using substratum for?
You're right. I just disabled wifi and the lte icon looks the normal size (I never bothered to test it out until now). I'll remove substratum and report back.
I'm using substratum for changing navbar icons.

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
You're right. I just disabled wifi and the lte icon looks the normal size (I never bothered to test it out until now). I'll remove substratum and report back.
I'm using substratum for changing navbar icons.
Navbar icons are in your SystemUI so that is the problem.
If you have copies of those icons, I can put them in your mymagisk.zip for you and you won't need substratum.

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
That's awesome, thanks so much. I attached a zip of the icon PNGs
Android uses vectors now, not pngs do I'm making my own. Can you give me s screenshot of what they look like on your phone? Anything like this or are these too small?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210226-165450.png
    Screenshot_20210226-165450.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 18

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
I'd say that is pretty close.
Do you still want the red-blue-green-yellow dots that show when you hit the home button?

Edit: one with opa dots, one without.

You'll need to delete your substratum theme first.

Attachments

• mymagiskdotsNOopa.zip
    39.6 MB · Views: 1
  • mymagiskdotsWITHopa.zip
    39.6 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

QuickInfo

Sep 1, 2012
Just flashed on March security patch, hangs at the G screen. Was able to fix it by running adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-module

MrRob0t

Oct 2, 2016
Hey @Tulsadiver
So I'm trying to get just 8 qs tiles, is there anyway you could help me out please.
Ive been trying to get this to work by using this and editing the 9tiles mod.
I unfortunately can't get the .apk to rebuild using apktool.
I was able to get classes.dex to compile, but I'm not very good at smali as I do see the modified code but I'm looking for 2 rows, not 3.
Everything else is completely stock, just the edit of 4 rows.
Right now I'm accomplishing this with the subtweaks.apk and substratum lite but will like to rid those apks for the one module.
Thank you so much in advance.
I'm attaching the SystemUI

Attachments

• SystemUIGoogle.apk
    32.5 MB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20210302-074754~2.png
    Screenshot_20210302-074754~2.png
    304.3 KB · Views: 10

PuffDaddy_d

Aug 29, 2010
Houston, TX
Just flashed on March security patch, hangs at the G screen. Was able to fix it by running adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-module
Yeah, it seems like any mods to the System UI cause a boot error on the March 2021 patch. It's always a good habit to disable all mods prior to updating and then re-enabling one at a time to catch the culprit.

andybones

Recognized Contributor / Inactive Recognized Devel
May 18, 2010
When get an OTA it's best to check out the changes.

We can see there were DND and Heads-up changes/fixes in the SysemUI.

Attachments

• thread-100309551-683451440046437412.png
    thread-100309551-683451440046437412.png
    137.8 KB · Views: 12

choder

Feb 26, 2010

I just installed the new March image and tried this mod, and it failed to boot as well. I ran "adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-module" but it didn't remove the module in magisk. It just went to the magisk help screen in CMD.

QuickInfo

Sep 1, 2012
I just installed the new March image and tried this mod, and it failed to boot as well. I ran "adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-module" but it didn't remove the module in magisk. It just went to the magisk help screen in CMD.
I had that happen to me as well, I ran it on powershell and that worked.

rickysidhu_

Apr 1, 2016
Vancouver
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
Tried the March update, I use it for two things
- Navbar remover
- Remove battery icon, leave percent

Navbar remover works but the removal of the battery icon, leaving percent results in a bootloop!

I'm thinking maybe the March update needs a bit more refinement? Either way I'm happy to at least have the Nav bar removed in the March patch, thanks for your work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New update, new bootloop... 😔😔
    If you flashed navbar remover, unzip this folder and replace the one in the navbar folder with it and try again.
    If you flashed navbar remover, unzip this folder and replace the one in the navbar folder with it and try again.
    Ok!!! Replaced the files on Nav0 and make a new mod, working perfect thankYou a loooot!!!
    I will donate you! You deserve it a lot!!
    Any news about use this method in the december update??
    December update has been uploaded.
    is there any chance this will work on January update or they always need to be updated to work?
    I've reports that December works on January (I know they do on my Pixel 4 XL).
    Most of my mods are SystemUI mods and so if more than one is flashed, only the first one works. This ADB mod was created so a person could pick and choose what he wants and have it all in one module. That being said, I don't have this phone and this particular mod has not been tested by me (though I have similar mods on several other Pixel phone forums). You need root and of course you need to be attached to your PC. On first installation of systemui base, a pop-up asking to give ADB shell root permission will show. Please do so. THIS ONLY HAPPENS ONCE. If you miss the popup you will have to go into Magisk manager and give shell root permission there.

The purpose of this installer is to generate for you a custom module that you can flash in Magisk Manager. It will have all the mods that you have selected from the installer menu.

Custom clocks (date, etc) and internet speed indicators do not change colors due to light-dark background colors like the statusbar icons do.

I'm also including my Pixel Launcher mod. Also a ADB Installer. You can change app drawer background-text color (separately for light mode and dark mode), remove weather from Launcher. Change the number of hot seat icons on home page (and size) as well as change the number of columns in the app drawer. There is already a Pixel Launcher mod here but this is here fir those that don't want to use substratum.

ADB Installer Instructions-Root is required

1. Flash one of the SystemUI Bases First. They provide the necessary smali files and public ID's for everything to work.
    2. Starting from the top (usually best), select the mods you are interested in. Once completed, select the "Finish building module" Option. This will create a Magisk Manager flashable zip (mymagisk.zip) in a folder on your sdcard called ozop. Flash that to install your custom module.

Instructions.
    1. Unzip the enclosed zip file onto your PC
    2. ADB debugging in developers Enabled
    3. Run TulsadiverModsInstallerStock.bat (Give ADB Shell Root Permissions. If missed on first opportunity, turn on in magisk manager, superuser)
    4. Flash one of the SystemUI Bases First. They provide the necessary smali files and public ID's for everything to work. The only difference between the two bases is that you can change the color of the QS pulldown circle colors on the "color" base. Plus the "off" circle color isn't grey but instead the same as the "on" color only darker/dimmer.
    5. Go through the other options selecting what all mods you want. It is generally best to start at the top and work your way down.
    6. Once finished with selections, run "Complete Installation" at the bottom. This will generate your mymagisk.zip module in a folder called "ozop" on your sdcard.

List of MODS Available
    Clock Format and Position Mods
    Internet Traffic Speed Single Indicator (changes from upload-download) otherwise signals are over/under
    Choose Traffic Speed Indicator Up-Down Icon Colors (default is white)
    Navbar Height Options
    Navbar Swap
    Remove NavBar
    3 Minit Battery
    Battery Bar Mod
    Remove Battery icon, leave percentage
    One percent custom battery Text-only-Several to choose from
    Colored Statusbar-Navbar Icons
    Choose number of QS columns 4-7, 3 is stock
    Colored Statusbar Icons
    Remove Carrier Text Options
    Smaller LTE Icon
    Change QS pulldown circle color (for "colored" base)
    Smaller Statusbar
    Remove white gestures home_handle bar

Note Added a couple of wifi and data signal options.
    WiFi 1 and Cell Tower 1
    WiFi 2 Cell Tower 2
    WiFi 3 data 3

Includes a batch (.bat), and powershell installers, one for windows, one for linux. I don't have a linux computer so the linux Installer could have bugs.

If you chose "Small Statusbar", you are not done yet You have to go to settings system/developer options/Display Cutouts and choose the last option, "waterfall cutout" in order for your mod to look right.

Uploaded 3-8-21

-------------------------------------------------
    If I helped, hit the Thanks Button!
    Feeling generous, send me a beer!
    --------------------------------------------------

Pixel Launcher Mod
    Start by picking a base. Bases come with, or without, a search bar and Hotseat heights The larger number of rows you pick, the lower your hotseat drops on your home screen. If your hotseat comes out too low, try again with a higher base.

Remove Search Bar
    App Drawer background color (Light and Dark Mode)
    App Drawer Text Color or remove (Light and Dark Mode)
    Home screen App Text Color
    Smart-screen Text color
    App Icon Sizes 45-50-56 dip (56 is stock)
    Columns (5-6-7)
    Rows (5 through 11)

ADB Pixel Launcher Installer uploaded 4-9-21
    Says 4XLbut should work on most, if not all, Pixels.
    I don't have this phone but current mods still working on February patch for Pixel 4 XL.
    March update has been uploaded.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone