• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Custom Boot Animation For OP9

Search This thread
Hello, I want to set a custom boot animation, but do not see bootanimation.zip in /system/media, instead I found it in /product/media, can i just place my new bootanimation.zip here and change the permissions? Or is there more I need to do?

Thanks, Ethan.

(PS. Running OP9 rooted with magisk.)

IJoxer

Hello, I want to set a custom boot animation, but do not see bootanimation.zip in /system/media, instead I found it in /product/media, can i just place my new bootanimation.zip here and change the permissions? Or is there more I need to do?

Thanks, Ethan.

(PS. Running OP9 rooted with magisk.)
Do you have root?

If so, backup the bootanimation.zip and shutdownanimation.zip, either manually with a root explorer capable file manager, or using adb:

Code:
adb devices
adb pull /System/product/media/bootanimation.zip /Path/To?Save/bootanimation.zip
adb pull /System/product/media/shutdownanimation.zip /Path/To/Save/shutdownanimation.zip

Then you can replace the original files with the animations you'd like, I'm sure a quick search of the forums will yield plenty of results. Once you have the replacements, be sure they are named bootanimation.zip and shutdownanimation.zip respectively, and either copy and replace with a root explorer capable file manager or using adb:

Apache config:
adb devices
adb push /Path/To/bootanimation.zip /System/product/media/bootanimation.zip
adb push /Path/To/shutdownanimation.zip /System/product/media/bootanimation.zip

Good luck!