Question Custom Camera Mode - 6K

Search This thread

Doug8796

Jul 20, 2010
Question: Why can't the pixel 6 pro shoot in 5-6k? It can shoot 12.53MP and 4k is only 8.3 MP.

Thanks,

Doug8796

Jul 20, 2010
Well my question is why cant we hit 5k? 6K should be 16.6MP.. Pixel 6Pro is 12.53 so that should be a bit over 5K (5k is around 12.45MP)

Reactions: Vincent_40

Doug8796

Jul 20, 2010
The phone is theoretically capable of recording 5K. I would love to see a camera mod to do it somehow.

The phone is theoretically capable of recording 5K. I would love to see a camera mod to do it somehow.
Yea theoretically is capable even more sensor is not 12mpx its really 50mpx and after processing came 12mpx photos even from main camera sensor but......its about resolution/fps/ bitrate ...and all depends of cooling system and capabilities of processing of chip in phone and how wee know cooling is not what is good on pixel 6 pro

Doug8796

Jul 20, 2010
this is likely because nearly no display that displays 5K, it doesn't make much sense to support a format that is barely used
Well I'd love to get more quality out of my video. Apple makes a 5k display, and for editing purposes 5k would be nice . I like to get some shots of nature sometimes. I just wanted to know if it was possible.

I'd love to know if any dev's could chime in.. afaik timelapse is definitely possible oat 5k.
Yea timelapse is definetly capable of much higher resolutions ....and its good question becouse for now we know in future will only produce 8k tvs and 4k minimum monitors .....i think phone is capable of 1080p 480p slow mo why they dont use this who knows

this is likely because nearly no display that displays 5K, it doesn't make much sense to support a format that is barely used
That's not truth pixel count and quality was always much higher then actual displays like before decade was 16 and higher pxl Fotos and no digital monitors or tvs to show....some people have same argumenst s like you ...same with 1080p when come some people still telling wee dont needed lots of people looking on videos on tvs and most of them have only Hd tv so we dont needed right now ...what? I making memories and those memories i would like to have in best possible (reasonable ) quality what i can make with good format for future .........for example imy first tv vas plasma only 720p (in real was 768p ) but doesn't matter important is i was looking on 1080p movies and making 1080p videos l... And they look much more vetter because if you're looking on content like 1080p on 720p tvs you actually getting better quality and better looking image because its working like antialiasing or super resolution on AMD cards or whatever other metod they named and this metod ....its used in videogames for years for better image quality and its much more visible on video(moving picture ) then on just stable frame but its still visible and its make sence to only some quality like its doasant make sense looking on 8k on 1080p tv but its make sense watching on 4k picture on 1440p monitor or watching 1440p video on 1080p tv .....so 5k video on even 4k tv or monitor still make sense.

Doug8796

Jul 20, 2010
That's not truth pixel count and quality was always much higher then actual displays like before decade was 16 and higher pxl Fotos and no digital monitors or tvs to show....some people have same argumenst s like you ...same with 1080p when come some people still telling wee dont needed lots of people looking on videos on tvs and most of them have only Hd tv so we dont needed right now ...what? I making memories and those memories i would like to have in best possible (reasonable ) quality what i can make with good format for future .........for example imy first tv vas plasma only 720p (in real was 768p ) but doesn't matter important is i was looking on 1080p movies and making 1080p videos l... And they look much more vetter because if you're looking on content like 1080p on 720p tvs you actually getting better quality and better looking image because its working like antialiasing or super resolution on AMD cards or whatever other metod they named and this metod ....its used in videogames for years for better image quality and its much more visible on video(moving picture ) then on just stable frame but its still visible and its make sence to only some quality like its doasant make sense looking on 8k on 1080p tv but its make sense watching on 4k picture on 1440p monitor or watching 1440p video on 1080p tv .....so 5k video on even 4k tv or monitor still make sense.
Exactly. I have been recording 4k video since Note 5 I believe.

Reactions: superman25

asylumxl

Apr 29, 2014
Look up Motion Cam on GitHub. It allows you to shoot RAW files (stored in the DNG format) at the cameras full resolution.

You'll probably be limited in the frame rate and length you can record and you'll need something like Davinci Resolve, but I've messed with it and gotten good results.

Last edited:
Look up Motion Cam on GitHub. It allows you to shoot RAW files (stored in the DNG format) at the cameras full resolution.

You'll probably be limited in the frame rate and length you can record and you'll need something like Davinci Resolve, but I've messed with it and gotten good results.
holy thanks its worth to try .... for me video its ok for now but its really impresive how good is camrea in night mode

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Well my question is why cant we hit 5k? 6K should be 16.6MP.. Pixel 6Pro is 12.53 so that should be a bit over 5K (5k is around 12.45MP)
    I'd love to know if any dev's could chime in.. afaik timelapse is definitely possible oat 5k.
    Exactly. I have been recording 4k video since Note 5 I believe.