[CUSTOM][GAPPS] BiTGApps for Android

Search This thread

guidol

Feb 8, 2011
Mundanya - Bursa
Does this makes any sense ?

You gotta wait for next stable release.
I thought so, because in post #1007 of this thread v1.1 is announced as Stable v1.1. But some people seem to have problems installing because of mounting problems of some partitions.
The new installer.sh seem to fix this problem, but for me its also Ok to get this new installer in a new like v1.2 stable.
Installation did work with the replaced installer in v1.1 ;)
So Iam looking forward and will wait for a stable v1.2 . wont make you angry :(

Reactions: pocketrule

TheHitMan

Sep 20, 2017
I thought so, because in post #1007 of this thread v1.1 is announced as Stable v1.1
Yes, it is

But some people seem to have problems installing because of mounting problems of some partitions.
Bugs are bound to come and we fix them.

The new installer.sh seem to fix this problem, but for me its also Ok to get this new installer in a new like v1.2 stable.
That particular bug is fixed. So for testing purpose, providing installer script before hand.

So Iam looking forward and will wait for a stable v1.2 . wont make you angry :(
It just gives me a feeling of, people only care about them.

user2k10

Sep 26, 2013
I don't have logs but I couldn't get this working on a Resurrection Remix 7.1.2 custom ROM with no existing gapps.

I used the BiTGApps-arm-7.1.2-v1.1_signed.zip file with your updated installer.sh file from a few posts back and installed from within the Magisk Manager app.

I did notice a potential issue in that you are overlaying an empty ExtShared folder into /system/app but on this ROM both the standard ExtShared and ExtServices folders are located in the /system/priv-app folder.

Would it be possible for the PrebuiltGmsCore.apk to be installed via a Magisk overlay rather than copying it directly into the /system/priv-app folder?

TheHitMan

Sep 20, 2017
I don't have logs but I couldn't get this working on a Resurrection Remix 7.1.2 custom ROM with no existing gapps.

I used the BiTGApps-arm-7.1.2-v1.1_signed.zip file with your updated installer.sh file from a few posts back and installed from within the Magisk Manager app.
I didn't get this portion.

I did notice a potential issue in that you are overlaying an empty ExtShared folder into /system/app but on this ROM both the standard ExtShared and ExtServices folders are located in the /system/priv-app folder.

Would it be possible for the PrebuiltGmsCore.apk to be installed via a Magisk overlay rather than copying it directly into the /system/priv-app folder?
Whatever you wrote in this portion, is incorrect. Pretty much you're out of ideas, how a magisk module works or i don't know, what this whole portion is all about. You can go through with Magisk documentation for detailed information.

TheHitMan

Sep 20, 2017
BiTGApps Stable Release (v1.2)

Changelog

• Fixed mounting of partitions
  • Re-write missing configuration
  • Allow switching Installer
  • Updated systemless installation
  • Several fixes to uninstaller
  • Initial Android 13 Support
  • Initial Addon Package Support
  • Minor improvements under the hood
Instructions
Downloads
Social Links

frt550

Aug 31, 2021
Hello. I have two questions.
1. Can i update from v1.1 to v1.2 by just zip flashing in TWRP? Or do i need to make a clean rom+bitgapps install?
2. How can i check/tell what specific version of bitgapps is currently installed?

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
Please forgive my ignorance, but why should I want to update GApps package? I always thought, once play services and store are on the device, they update themselves. Is it necessary with systemless install?

Reactions: TheHitMan

TheHitMan

Sep 20, 2017
Please forgive my ignorance, but why should I want to update GApps package? I always thought, once play services and store are on the device, they update themselves. Is it necessary with systemless install?
Well internal changes.

Even if you skip any particular update, Updating with future release wouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: I did re-work of whole project and it is not same anymore. Installer is now enough flexible to perform certain functions, without breaking anything.

Last edited:

TheHitMan

Sep 20, 2017
BiTGApps Stable Release (v1.3)

Changelog

• Fixed bootloop in Android 8.x.x
  • Fixed bootloop in Android 9.x.x
  • Updated privileged permissions
  • Fixed mounting of partitions
  • Re-write missing configuration
  • Allow switching Installer
  • Updated systemless installation
  • Several fixes to uninstaller
  • Initial Android 13 Support
  • Initial Addon Package Support
  • Minor improvements under the hood
Instructions
Downloads
Social Links
BiTGApps stable v1.3 is more likely a maintenance release.

Last edited:

TheHitMan

Sep 20, 2017
👉 If your concern is whether to dirty or clean install new BiTGApps update, then you don't have to clean install, whenever a new BiTGApps update come. You can simply dirty install over whatever your last BiTGApps installation is. This is still fine, even if you have skipped some updates in between. We are not replacing any system app, so everything is done with ease.

Top Liked Posts