[Custom] [GApps] NikGApps [Android 10 - 12.1] [ARM64]

Search This thread

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Thanks for your work! As it is an initial release could you move it to the main branch so we can build custom .zip's using the nikgapps.config method?
Yes, it's in place now. You should be able to send pull request for android 12.1 custom builds.
I installed Nickgaps in galaxy note 8 lineage 18.1 supporting microg. I tried base Nickgaps, core, Android auto addon.. Nothing. Android auto, downloaded the needed apps and then red error screen, error 17 if i remember well. I tried the same with lineage 17. Same. So i gave up and installed a Samsung based rom. Android auto is working there but it has installed full gapps..
Installation logs? From /sdcard/NikGapps/nikgapps_logs folder

Reactions: ssergiio

sosimple

Aug 20, 2017
Greece
www.youtube.com
Yes, it's in place now. You should be able to send pull request for android 12.1 custom builds.

Installation logs? From /sdcard/NikGapps/nikgapps_logs folder
I have changed rom now but the folder still exists. I uploaded it if it still have any interest.

duckredbeard

Aug 21, 2010
I just installed Lineage OS 19.1 on Raspberry Pi 4 (4gb). After initial setup, I rebooted to recovery and flashed this nikgapps (NikGapps-basic-arm64-12.1-20220411-signed). Upon reboot, I get the play store in my app drawer but it will not open, says I am offline. Other apps (web browser) have no issue getting internet. This was tried with ethernet and two different WiFi SSIDs.

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I just installed Lineage OS 19.1 on Raspberry Pi 4 (4gb). After initial setup, I rebooted to recovery and flashed this nikgapps (NikGapps-basic-arm64-12.1-20220411-signed). Upon reboot, I get the play store in my app drawer but it will not open, says I am offline. Other apps (web browser) have no issue getting internet. This was tried with ethernet and two different WiFi SSIDs.
Check if network access is provided to playstore.

duckredbeard

Aug 21, 2010
Check if network access is provided to playstore.
Where would I check? The play store doesn't even open.

Edit: Found it. Under WiFi settings in the info about the app. I'm learning to be patient that some apps (Tasker plugins) take a while to settle in so they can be used. This installation is going to be a big addition to my keg fridge monitor/alerting system. If only we could get Tasker to use GPIOs as a profile or task...

Last edited:

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
New Stable Release is up! (SL, S, R, Q) (13th April 2022)

Changelog:
- Android 12.1 (12L) release
- Many addon.d fixes (faster ota update and fixes)
- Fixed Pixel Launcher and Setup Wizard for android 12.1 release
- Fixed an issue which requires formatting /data partition to boot
- use addon_version = 3 (dropping v2 support)
- Fixed Aosp apps not being deleted for some users
- Dropped Vanced and Adaway support as those are non-gapps
- Enforce Android Auto to be clean flashed only to avoid unnecessary issues
- Add Google Talkback addon (for those who wants to include them in custom builds)
- Script improvements
- nikgapps config version updated to v21

Note:
- Clean flash recommended if coming from android 12
- Dirty flashing is fine if you are on canary 12.1 release (however, you don't really need to dirty flash unless you want to consume any fix mentioned in the changelog)
- Since we've removed the support of some of the addons, if you use nikgapps.config v20 to build your custom gapps, you may not find those built as part of your packages, update your config to v21.

If you come across any issues or you have any feature request, I suggest you add it on github (here). It is really very simple and it will help us track the underlying issues.

Enjoy!

cr0wdelex

Aug 15, 2013
I want to use Nikgapps SL Apr 20 build to update rom.
In Apr 13 build, I could flash Omni and Velvet addon to have the google assistant. But in Apr 20 build, there is no Velvet addon.
What should I do?
Thanks.

retry0001-coffee

Oct 21, 2019
Sorry if this was already answered somewhere else, but I looked through the nikgapps website as well as just general searching, and I can't find any answers. What is the diff between android SL, S, R, and Q ? The most important thing is, which do I want if I am trying to upgrade to LineageOS 19.1 on several phones?

kraoc

I flash LOS 19.1 + Nikgapps SL (core to full - unsure if there were enough system space) + Magisk using ADB (can't TWRP on A12)

I don't have Nikgapps folder and/or log.

May I adb flash nikgapps.zip renamed to UnInstall.zip and all will be uninstalled ?
I want to switch back from full to core without wiping things :)

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I flash LOS 19.1 + Nikgapps SL (core to full - unsure if there were enough system space) + Magisk using ADB (can't TWRP on A12)

I don't have Nikgapps folder and/or log.

May I adb flash nikgapps.zip renamed to UnInstall.zip and all will be uninstalled ?
I want to switch back from full to core without wiping things :)
Yes, you can uninstall it by renaming the zip file.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I installed the nikgapps core on my poco f2 pro with crdroid 8.5 (android 12.1) but now the Google assistant doesn't work. when I press the button to activate the assistant it always tells me that I have to activate Google as the default assistance app but Google is already active as the default assistance app.
    can i install some APK to solve the problem?
    I have installed this package
    You need to flash GoogleSearch addon.

Flash rom
    Flash gapps (core)
    Flash GoogleSearch addon
    Reboot
    Really new to root, Just installed SL core on my old Samsung Tablet.
    What is the difference between installing Google Photo via Playstore vs Signed addon?
    The addon makes it a system app, allowing permissions and access to system apis that a playstore app cannot have. This is a general difference between an app installed via playstore vs addons.

For some of the apps like Google drive, gmail, it really doesn't make a difference but for apps like pixel launcher, it highly depends on those additional permissions and overlays.
    NikGapps-SL
    -Q
    -R
    What do the last letters mean? Forgot my crystal ball.
    Android versions
    SL - 12L (12.1)
    S - 12
    R - 11
    Q - 10
    I was using opengapps with 18.1. But since they do not have their act together for 19.1, I switched to nikgapps core when I updated to 19.1 on my device (OnePlus 6T). I dirty flashed too, right over 18.1 and opengapps, only wiping cache. Been working A OK since. And sure it survives OTA updates.
    Will this particular gapps distribution work with LineageOS 19.1 and survive OTA updates via LineageOS' custom recovery? or should I stick with what is recommended by LineageOS which is MindTheGapps.
    Yes, it will work. I'd suggest you get started with NikGapps core.

NikGapps offers a variety of customizations, you can create your own build for free in 30 mins too -> https://github.com/nikgapps/config
    With precisely the apps you need for your daily use.
    R5WEmSK.png

Hi Everyone,

Here I'd like to Introduce you with my custom Gapps package that I use on day to day basis when I flash a new Rom. As I've observed many people struggling with finding the correct version of gapps to flash, I decided to build a package of my own which lets you flash stable google apps with a lot of variants so you can decide for yourself which package suits you.

What is NikGapps?
    • NikGapps project started with the goal to provide custom gapps packages that suits everyone's needs. A package that a user needs but cannot find and ends up setting up the device installing more apps and removing unwanted apps manually.
    • NikGapps is a gapps package built from my own device. As my device is always updated with latest version of Google Apps, every time I build a new package, I am on latest and stable version of Google Apps
    • NikGapps also comes with Android Go package for low end devices.
    • NikGapps is a bit different than other Gapps packages (written from scratch, it isn't a port of OpenGapps). It focuses on providing apps that most of the people uses but can't find it in other Gapps packages and ends up installing the apps manually
    • NikGapps doesn't have stock YouTube, instead it has YouTube vanced (v14 with separate addons for v15). It doesn't have Pixel Launcher, instead it has Lawnchair launcher (Till Android Q, discontinued starting Android R)
    • NikGapps supports split-apks
    • NikGapps also comes with nikgapps.config and debloater.config which allows you to control your installation and debloat unnecessary stuff from your Rom respectively.
    • NikGapps is built on a different architecture, the installation method is completely different (Every Package comes with installer.sh that installs itself). Also, it installs the gapps to /product partition instead of /system partition
    • NikGapps also allows you to configure the installation, it can be installed to any partition (be it /system or /product or any other partition which may get added in future)
    • NikGapps also allows you to keep the aosp counterpart of google app if you want (just by using nikgapps.config you can choose whether to remove the aosp counterpart or remove it)
    • NikGapps allows you to dirty flash it anytime you want, it also supports installing on top of Roms with Gapps (except for the pixel flavored Roms)
    • NikGapps also comes with addon packages (useful ones) so that users don't have to flash the whole gapps package just to have the app installed.
    • NikGapps supports the Privileged Permission Whitelisting, providing the necessary permissions to the privileged apps.
    • It supports addon.d so you need not flash the package again and again after every nightly flash
    • NikGapps addon.d functionality is built from scratch which allows you to completely control which app you want to backup/restore on dirty flash.
    • It also allows optimizing Google Play Services (when you turn off Find My Device) so that you can sleep with peace without having to worry about Google play services eating your battery. (Requires support from Rom too in order to work)
    Also, since these are custom build, I can include as many packages as I want (which I do, you can pm me if you want that package)

NikGapps comes with following packages
    » Core
    » Basic
    » Omni
    » Stock
    » Full
    » Go (for low end devices)

Although these packages cover a large user base, there are few users who like things differently that is where NikGapps Addons Comes into picture. These Addon packages are separate and meant to flash over NikGapps original packages.

Everything about NikGapps

Flashing Instructions for A/B devices (Clean Flash is recommended)

• Flash Rom in Slot A, Flash twrp, reboot to recovery
    • Flash Rom in Slot B, Flash twrp, reboot to recovery
    • Flash NikGapps
    • Flash Debloater (Optional)
    • Reboot

Flashing Instructions for A-only devices (Clean Flash is recommended)
    • Flash Rom
    • Flash NikGapps
    • Flash Debloater (Optional)
    • Reboot
    How to clean flash NikGapps update without losing data?
    • Delete /system/addon.d/nikgapps folder
    • Delete /system/addon.d/nikgapps-addon.sh
    • Dirty flash Rom
    • Flash newer version of NikGapps
    How to remove/uninstall an Addon or Package?

Method 1 (Faster and Recommended)
    • edit nikgapps.config and set <Addon>=-1 (e.g. YouTube=-1)
    • set mode=uninstall
    • Reflash the zip you flashed in first place to install the addon/package
    Method 2
    • Uninstall any playstore updates you have for the addon
    • Delete the <addon>.sh file from /system/addon.d/nikgapps folder (e.g. YouTube.sh)
    • Reflash the rom
    Enjoy the package! hope it helps you somewhat!

Downloads
    Credits
    » osm0sis (for the shell scripting template)
    » Arya (for logo and his suggestions and help)
    » Vanced Team (for YouTube Vanced)
    » maartenfonville, nezorflame for creating and maintaining opengapps
    » Lawnchair Team (for Lawnchair)
    » HootanParsa (for MixPlorer)
    » xXx (for his NoLimits module - Amazing work!)

Frequently Asked Questions

ChangeLog
    Downloads
    NikGapps Basic
    NikGapps Stock

Changelog:

-Fixed FC with Face Unlock
    -Added Google Sounds
    -Added Pixel Launcher
    -Updated YouTube Vanced to latest
    -Updated Google Camera to latest
    -Latest Google Apps (25th June)

I've created Telegram Release channel for NikGapps. Those who find this useful can get the builds there faster.

Enjoy! :)
    Hey can we have a package which will replace the default ROMs aosp apps like Google calendar, Google clock, Google dailer, Google contact, google message, google calculator, google gboard, youtube vanced, pixel launcher and wallpaper, Latest Gcam with all the goodies like playground ar sticker included if you cant provide it in a single zip then provide gcam all in one zip separately. Rest all other apps can be downloaded but these apps are needed as default apps in the ROM.

+1 to this but without the pixel launcher because I like the built launcher
    I'll create one tomorrow. I'll exclude pixel launcher as we can install it separately and there are ported versions available which are preferred over stock.
    As for ar sticker in Google camera, I'll create a separate addon zip as the file size will increase tremendously and not everyone wants to install it.
    Time for another Q update! (12-Jan-2020)

Changelog

- Fixed NikGapps installation issues with config values not reflecting in installation
    - Added a nikgapps.config value "2" to retain aosp apps (set the value to 2 if you don't want the installer to delete the aosp counter part of Google app)
    - Aosp Dialer is now deleted by default starting omni package to maintain the uniformity.

Note: set Dialer=2 in nikgapps.config before flashing if you want the gapps to skip removing aosp Dialer, the installer will remove the Dialer by default.

Full Changelog and download links are in OP

Thank you for choosing NikGapps!