Search This thread
D

Deleted member 8833290

I always used Vanilla build of custom ROMs and never had to face this issue as chrome is not preinstalled in vanilla builds.

Did you put

GoogleChrome

in debloater.config?
Yes Nikhil, I did try "GoogleChrome" and "ChromeGoogle". There was no change.

This time I tried the following in Debloater config:

Chrome
ChromeGoogle
GoogleChrome
ChromePrebuilt
ChromeGooglePrebuilt
GoogleChromePrebuilt

It worked half way & gave me this:

Screenshot_20220120-064046_Pixel Launcher (1).png

Sadly, no option to uninstall this leftover from Chrome.

This is why I am trying to debloat chrome on Gapps build ROM:

Screenshot.png

Screenshot_20220119-004842_Wallpaper & style.png

This space is missing when I install Pixel Launcher and Wallpaper from the NikGapps

Is this a known issue? I don't know whom should I report, ROM dev or Nikgapps dev.

Last edited by a moderator:

marcioafoliveira

Jan 2, 2014
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I have a problem with my Clock. I can't update to the latest version.
I installed a new ROM and used Omni Gapps version. Then I had to update it and installed Basic version and I had a very early version of the Clock. I even tried to install again Omni version and try to install on the Play Store and with apk but no success.
Can somebody help me update it? Thanks.

Dodgy_Bob

Jul 16, 2017
Folks,

My apologies, I'm having a very blonde/senior/dumb moment here! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

The "...-Addon-..." files, where do they need to go so that they are also installed by my customised 'nikgapps.config' file ??

I'm in TWRP and the output shows me that the .config file is picked up, but I am expecting under "Starting the install process" to show all the addons being installed, instead it only shows the Core AppSet being installed, nothing else.

I have only tried two (2) places; leaving all the addon files in the same folder as the Core file that I use to kick off the installation and also copying all the addon files to where the .config file is ( /sdcard/NikGapps ), but nothing!

Sorry for being so dense! :LOL:

Kind regards,
Dodgy Bob

Jan 6, 2013
Hi all,

made a clean install of NikGapps-full-arm64-12-20211227-signed with crDroidAndroid-12.0-20220119-alioth-v8.1.

changed the conf in the zip to the following.

Code:
# NikGapps configuration file

# visit https://nikgapps.com/misc/2020/11/22/NikGapps-Config.html to read everything about nikgapps

Version=19

# If you are not sure about the config, just skip making changes to it or comment it by adding # before it

# set this to the directory you want to copy the logs to.
# for e.g. LogDirectory="/system/etc" will install the logs to /system/etc/nikgapps_logs directory
# by default it will install it to /sdcard/NikGapps/nikgapps_logs
LogDirectory=default

# set to /system, /product or /system_ext if you want to force the installation to aforementioned locations
InstallPartition=default

# set to uninstall if you want to uninstall any google app, also set the value of google app below to -1
mode=install

# set WipeDalvikCache=0 if you don't want the installer to wipe dalvik/cache after installing the gapps
WipeDalvikCache=1

# set WipeRuntimePermissions=1 if you want to wipe runtime permissions
WipeRuntimePermissions=0

# Addon.d configs set them to 0 to skip the functionality
execute.d=1

# set it to 2 if 3 doesn't work for your device
addon_version.d=3

# if you want to force the installer to use the config from gapps zip file, set below to 1
use_zip_config=1

# Following are the packages with default configuration
# Set Core=0 if you want to skip installing all packages belonging to Core Package
Core=1
>>ExtraFiles=1
>>GooglePlayStore=1
>>GoogleServicesFramework=1
>>GoogleContactsSyncAdapter=1
>>GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter=1
>>GmsCore=1

DigitalWellbeing=0
VancedManager=0
GoogleMessages=0
GoogleDialer=0
GoogleContacts=0
CarrierServices=0
GoogleClock=0

# Set PixelSetupWizard=0 if you want to skip installing all packages belonging to PixelSetupWizard Package
PixelSetupWizard=1
>>SetupWizard=1
>>GoogleRestore=1
>>GoogleOneTimeInitializer=1
>>PixelSetupWizard=1
>>AndroidMigratePrebuilt=1

GoogleCalculator=0
Drive=0
GoogleMaps=0
GoogleLocationHistory=0
Gmail=0
GooglePhotos=0
DeviceHealthServices=0
Velvet=0
GBoard=0

# Set PixelLauncher=0 if you want to skip installing all packages belonging to PixelLauncher Package
PixelLauncher=0
>>PixelLauncher=0
>>DevicePersonalizationServices=0
>>QuickAccessWallet=0

# Set GoogleFiles=0 if you want to skip installing all packages belonging to GoogleFiles Package
GoogleFiles=0
>>GoogleFiles=0
>>StorageManager=0
>>DocumentsUIGoogle=0

GoogleRecorder=0
GoogleCalendar=0
MarkupGoogle=0
GoogleWallpaper=0
GoogleFeedback=0
GooglePartnerSetup=0
GoogleSounds=0
AndroidDevicePolicy=0
GoogleKeep=0
Books=0
Assistant=0
YouTubeMusic=0
PlayGames=0
DeviceSetup=0
AndroidAuto=0

# Set GoogleChrome=0 if you want to skip installing all packages belonging to GoogleChrome Package
GoogleChrome=0
>>GoogleChrome=0
>>WebViewGoogle=0
>>TrichromeLibrary=0

# Set CoreGo=0 if you want to skip installing all packages belonging to CoreGo Package
CoreGo=0

# Setting CoreGo=0 will not skip following packages, set them to 0 if you want to skip them
GoogleGo=0
AssistantGo=0
MapsGo=0
NavigationGo=0
GalleryGo=0
GmailGo=0

# Following are the Addon packages NikGapps supports
AdAway=0
PixelLiveWallpapers=0
YouTubeVancedDark=0
YouTubeVancedBlack=0
YouTubeVancedMusic=0
GoogleFi=0
GoogleDuo=0
GoogleDocs=0
GoogleSlides=0
GoogleSheets=0
YouTube=0
PokePixLiveWallpapers=0
GoogleTTS=0
Flipendo=0

In the standard calendar app my appointments are not displayed in the monthly view. Also there is no way to add any appointment in any view. No +button etc.

screenshot.jpg

When I use Google Calendar from PlayStore everything works fine there.
Granted all rights to the Calendar app.

Does anyone have a suggestion where to go from here?

Thank you all.

Last edited:

marcioafoliveira

Jan 2, 2014
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I have a problem with my Clock. I can't update to the latest version.
I installed a new ROM and used Omni Gapps version. Then I had to update it and installed Basic version and I had a very early version of the Clock. I even tried to install again Omni version and try to install on the Play Store and with apk but no success.
Can somebody help me update it? Thanks.
Well, I could install but it's having issues.
I think I maybe did something wrong because at some point I did uninstalled my Clock.
Now if I try to install GoogleClock zip says that Can't Dirty Flash GoogleClock, please Clean flash but I didn't want to clean. Can somebody help me?

Attachments

• NikGapps.log
    8.1 KB · Views: 7

Mowca

Mar 31, 2018
Hello,
I have opengapps installed. I would like to install NikGApps now. What do I have to do before installing Nikgapps?

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Well, I could install but it's having issues.
I think I maybe did something wrong because at some point I did uninstalled my Clock.
Now if I try to install GoogleClock zip says that Can't Dirty Flash GoogleClock, please Clean flash but I didn't want to clean. Can somebody help me?
You need to delete runtime_permissions.xml in order to dirty flash google clock

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
I finally found the solution to my PlayStore registration and have Los 19 and Nikgapps working. The only problem I have left is that the brightness bar doesn't work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Release is up - 6th Mar 2024 (Android 10-14 stable)

Changelog:
    - Removed MotoCalculator with installation of Google Calculator
    - Removed Glimpse and DotGallery with installation of Google Photos

Note:
    - QPR2 was recently released, gapps based on QPR2 will be released after Roms have merged the latest changes to ensure compatibility.
    - it is dirty flashable over previous build, recommending everyone to update to this build.

Thanks for choosing NikGapps!
    Sorry I missed this reply, the main issue I have with this device is it's age and I have to install {ROOT} quick reboot because I am having problems with the buttons when trying to get into recovery so installing Magisk is one of the 1st things I need on I can live without google apps but not quick reboot.

I haven't done another clean install yet just thought I would share the log from last night so I have attached a log but don't know if it actually got any info in it regarding any of the google apps information. Is there anything inside twrp I have to tick to make sure it's recording all installation logs?

Thanks
    what I meant was, grab recovery.log after you've run into error. This one doesn't capture any crashes.

For that matter, I'd prefer you flash magisk and then gapps and then pull recovery.log.
    Ah, right! Thanks. I'd still suggest maybe he try your old arm NikGApps Go test build since it'll all be smaller. Any progress on that, by the way?
    yes, I've been working on setting gapps on auto-pilot mode covering arm, go and atv in addition. It's a pretty huge task but when it will be ready, we will have faster updates in all the areas of gapps, maybe nightly/weekly builds too. :)
    Yes, lineage 21.
    I will try and install again over the coming days, I went back to stock on the phone.
    I've had nikgapps on other phones, not the pixel 8 pro or lineage 21.
    I was trying to install Omni version.
    Thanks for the reply, I almost didn't post here where I didn't have any logs but was curious if anyone else had that issue.
    If it is los21, we have one known issue with bootloop for which I have a fix but I am waiting for someone to test and confirm, regarding the space issue, I need the logs to see what's going on, when you try it next time, please tag me, I'll share a build for you to flash.
    Hi wondered if anyone can help me out with this issue.

I have just done a clean install of lineage-20.0-20240222-UNOFFICIAL-gts210wifi on a sansung tab s2 (2015) flashed in this order

lineage-20.0-20240222-UNOFFICIAL-gts210wifi
    Magisk 27
    NikGapps-core-arm64-13-20240307-signed I know it's not the version in the picture but this happens on every version I have tried, the same thing is happening with MindTheGapps. I have also tried to flash it after a reboot but still get this error.

Soon as it gets to NikGapps I keep seeing this in the picture

I have tried 4 sd cards just to make sure they are not corrupted I am using TWRP 3.6.2_9 to flash

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
    You can try a few things.

1. Download from a computer instead of mobile and make sure the file isn't corrupted during download.
    2. Sideload the build instead of flashing from external sdcard to make sure flashing from next sd card is not the problem.
    3. Share recovery.log from twrp that will provide mode details of what's going on.

Flashing arm64 build on arm device should work, we haven't put any restrictions in that area.
    I recently updated my OnePlus 9 Pro (A/B device) from Lineage 20 to 21 (Android 13 to 14), but NikGApps core refuses to install. My process goes like this:
    • Flash ROM from TWRP
    • Reboot to TWRP (to active slot)
    • Flash NikGApps and Magisk
    • Reboot into system
    The ROM flashes fine without issues but NikGApps is never available from within the system no matter how many times I do this. I got Play services on it once but I don't know what I did to get to that point. What is the proper way to flash this?
    R5WEmSK.png

Hi Everyone,

Here I'd like to Introduce you with my custom Gapps package that I use on day to day basis when I flash a new Rom. As I've observed many people struggling with finding the correct version of gapps to flash, I decided to build a package of my own which lets you flash stable google apps with a lot of variants so you can decide for yourself which package suits you.

What is NikGapps?
    • NikGapps project started with the goal to provide custom gapps packages that suits everyone's needs. A package that a user needs but cannot find and ends up setting up the device installing more apps and removing unwanted apps manually.
    • NikGapps is a gapps package built from my own device. As my device is always updated with latest version of Google Apps, every time I build a new package, I am on latest and stable version of Google Apps
    • NikGapps also comes with Android Go package for low end devices.
    • NikGapps is a bit different than other Gapps packages (written from scratch, it isn't a port of OpenGapps). It focuses on providing apps that most of the people uses but can't find it in other Gapps packages and ends up installing the apps manually
    • NikGapps supports split-apks
    • NikGapps also comes with nikgapps.config and debloater.config which allows you to control your installation and debloat unnecessary stuff from your Rom respectively.
    • NikGapps is built on a different architecture, the installation method is completely different (Every Package comes with installer.sh that installs itself). Also, it installs the gapps to /product partition instead of /system partition
    • NikGapps also allows you to configure the installation, it can be installed to any partition (be it /system or /product or any other partition which may get added in future)
    • NikGapps also allows you to keep the aosp counterpart of google app if you want (just by using nikgapps.config you can choose whether to remove the aosp counterpart or remove it)
    • NikGapps allows you to dirty flash it anytime you want, it also supports installing on top of Roms with Gapps (except for the pixel flavored Roms)
    • NikGapps also comes with addon packages (useful ones) so that users don't have to flash the whole gapps package just to have the app installed.
    • NikGapps supports the Privileged Permission Whitelisting, providing the necessary permissions to the privileged apps.
    • It supports addon.d so you need not flash the package again and again after every nightly flash
    • NikGapps addon.d functionality is built from scratch which allows you to completely control which app you want to backup/restore on dirty flash.
    • It also allows optimizing Google Play Services (when you turn off Find My Device) so that you can sleep with peace without having to worry about Google play services eating your battery. (Requires support from Rom too in order to work)
    Also, since these are custom build, I can include as many packages as I want (which I do, you can pm me if you want that package)

NikGapps comes with following packages
    » Core
    » Basic
    » Omni
    » Stock
    » Full
    » Go (for low end devices)

Although these packages cover a large user base, there are few users who like things differently that is where NikGapps Addons Comes into picture. These Addon packages are separate and meant to flash over NikGapps original packages.

Everything about NikGapps

How to create your own custom NikGapps packages!

Flashing Instructions for A/B devices (Clean Flash is recommended)

• Flash Rom in Slot A, Flash twrp, reboot to recovery
    • Flash Rom in Slot B, Flash twrp, reboot to recovery
    • Flash NikGapps
    • Flash Debloater (Optional)
    • Reboot

Flashing Instructions for A-only devices (Clean Flash is recommended)
    • Flash Rom
    • Flash NikGapps
    • Flash Debloater (Optional)
    • Reboot
    How to clean flash NikGapps update without losing data?
    • Delete /system/addon.d folder
    • Dirty flash Rom
    • Flash newer version of NikGapps
    How to remove/uninstall an Addon or Package?

Here's how

Enjoy the package! hope it helps you somewhat!

Downloads
    Credits
    » osm0sis (for the shell scripting template)
    » Arya (for logo and his suggestions and help)
    » Vanced Team (for YouTube Vanced)
    » maartenfonville, nezorflame for creating and maintaining opengapps
    » Lawnchair Team (for Lawnchair)
    » HootanParsa (for MixPlorer)
    » xXx (for his NoLimits module - Amazing work!)

Frequently Asked Questions

ChangeLog
    Hey can we have a package which will replace the default ROMs aosp apps like Google calendar, Google clock, Google dailer, Google contact, google message, google calculator, google gboard, youtube vanced, pixel launcher and wallpaper, Latest Gcam with all the goodies like playground ar sticker included if you cant provide it in a single zip then provide gcam all in one zip separately. Rest all other apps can be downloaded but these apps are needed as default apps in the ROM.

+1 to this but without the pixel launcher because I like the built launcher
    I'll create one tomorrow. I'll exclude pixel launcher as we can install it separately and there are ported versions available which are preferred over stock.
    As for ar sticker in Google camera, I'll create a separate addon zip as the file size will increase tremendously and not everyone wants to install it.
    Downloads
    NikGapps Basic
    NikGapps Stock

Changelog:

-Fixed FC with Face Unlock
    -Added Google Sounds
    -Added Pixel Launcher
    -Updated YouTube Vanced to latest
    -Updated Google Camera to latest
    -Latest Google Apps (25th June)

I've created Telegram Release channel for NikGapps. Those who find this useful can get the builds there faster.

Enjoy! :)
    Time for another Q update! (12-Jan-2020)

Changelog

- Fixed NikGapps installation issues with config values not reflecting in installation
    - Added a nikgapps.config value "2" to retain aosp apps (set the value to 2 if you don't want the installer to delete the aosp counter part of Google app)
    - Aosp Dialer is now deleted by default starting omni package to maintain the uniformity.

Note: set Dialer=2 in nikgapps.config before flashing if you want the gapps to skip removing aosp Dialer, the installer will remove the Dialer by default.

Full Changelog and download links are in OP

Thank you for choosing NikGapps!