- Sep 24, 2021
Is there any way so that I can upgrade my NikGapps package without reinstalling OS again?!?
Here I'd like to Introduce you with my custom Gapps package that I use on day to day basis when I flash a new Rom. As I've observed many people struggling with finding the correct version of gapps to flash, I decided to build a package of my own which lets you flash stable google apps with a lot of variants so you can decide for yourself which package suits you.
What is NikGapps?
Also, since these are custom build, I can include as many packages as I want (which I do, you can pm me if you want that package)
- NikGapps project started with the goal to provide custom gapps packages that suits everyone's needs. A package that a user needs but cannot find and ends up setting up the device installing more apps and removing unwanted apps manually.
- NikGapps is a gapps package built from my own device. As my device is always updated with latest version of Google Apps, every time I build a new package, I am on latest and stable version of Google Apps
- NikGapps also comes with Android Go package for low end devices.
- NikGapps is a bit different than other Gapps packages (written from scratch, it isn't a port of OpenGapps). It focuses on providing apps that most of the people uses but can't find it in other Gapps packages and ends up installing the apps manually
- NikGapps doesn't have stock YouTube, instead it has YouTube vanced (v14 with separate addons for v15). It doesn't have Pixel Launcher, instead it has Lawnchair launcher (Till Android Q, discontinued starting Android R)
- NikGapps supports split-apks
- NikGapps also comes with nikgapps.config and debloater.config which allows you to control your installation and debloat unnecessary stuff from your Rom respectively.
- NikGapps is built on a different architecture, the installation method is completely different (Every Package comes with installer.sh that installs itself). Also, it installs the gapps to /product partition instead of /system partition
- NikGapps also allows you to configure the installation, it can be installed to any partition (be it /system or /product or any other partition which may get added in future)
- NikGapps also allows you to keep the aosp counterpart of google app if you want (just by using nikgapps.config you can choose whether to remove the aosp counterpart or remove it)
- NikGapps allows you to dirty flash it anytime you want, it also supports installing on top of Roms with Gapps (except for the pixel flavored Roms)
- NikGapps also comes with addon packages (useful ones) so that users don't have to flash the whole gapps package just to have the app installed.
- NikGapps supports the Privileged Permission Whitelisting, providing the necessary permissions to the privileged apps.
- It supports addon.d so you need not flash the package again and again after every nightly flash
- NikGapps addon.d functionality is built from scratch which allows you to completely control which app you want to backup/restore on dirty flash.
- It also allows optimizing Google Play Services (when you turn off Find My Device) so that you can sleep with peace without having to worry about Google play services eating your battery. (Requires support from Rom too in order to work)
NikGapps comes with following packages
» Go (for low end devices)
Although these packages cover a large user base, there are few users who like things differently that is where NikGapps Addons Comes into picture. These Addon packages are separate and meant to flash over NikGapps original packages.
Everything about NikGapps
Flashing Instructions for A/B devices (Clean Flash is recommended)
- Flash Rom in Slot A, Flash twrp, reboot to recovery
- Flash Rom in Slot B, Flash twrp, reboot to recovery
- Flash NikGapps
- Flash Debloater (Optional)
Flashing Instructions for A-only devices (Clean Flash is recommended)
How to clean flash NikGapps update without losing data?
- Flash Rom
- Flash NikGapps
- Flash Debloater (Optional)
How to remove/uninstall an Addon or Package?
- Delete /system/addon.d/nikgapps folder
- Delete /system/addon.d/nikgapps-addon.sh
- Dirty flash Rom
- Flash newer version of NikGapps
Method 1 (Faster and Recommended)
- edit nikgapps.config and set <Addon>=-1 (e.g. YouTube=-1)
- set mode=uninstall
- Reflash the zip you flashed in first place to install the addon/package
Enjoy the package! hope it helps you somewhat!
- Uninstall any playstore updates you have for the addon
- Delete the <addon>.sh file from /system/addon.d/nikgapps folder (e.g. YouTube.sh)
- Reflash the rom