• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Custom] [GApps] NikGApps [ARM64] [4th July 2021]

Search This thread

rfpower66

Jun 18, 2021
Hi,
I flashed LoS 11 and NikGapps-stock-arm64-11-20210612-signed with attached configuration. I can't find Google Pay app in any package and for some reason the Play Store won't allow me to download it. Same for Revolut app.

Set InstallPartition=/system in nikgapps.config and flash the gapps

Flash Android Auto addon from any past stable releases. Let me know if that works for you.
So - Tried aa addon from nov 2020, also tried wiping phone, reinstall linage 18.1 - Nikgapps Core (set installpartition=/system) then AA addon, finally from play store installed maps, text to speech and google app (required for AA Auto) - It then said AA needed to be updated. Updated AA Auto through play store - Connected to car - It shows up on phone as connected to car - But still nothing happens in car... :(

sturges

Apr 14, 2021
I'm trying to flash NikGApps core for A11 on poco x3 nfc (encrypted), but twrp keeps saying "Installation failed! Looks like storage space is full". I used addon_version.d=2 in /sdcard/nikgapps.config, but twrp didn't ask for pin (it was working fine with A10). Maybe that's the reason?

edit: flamegapps worked, so not a twrp issue...

Last edited:

Cmindo

Jul 29, 2016
Using LineageOS 18.1 (with LineageOS Recovery), but when flashing NikGapps after clean flash -> rebooting into recovery, it flashes fine but it does not acknowledge the settings in my config file.

My config file is placed under sdcard/NikGapps/nikgapps.config

For example, if I flash the FULL package, it includes the Pixel Launcher when I specify to not install it (i.e. 0), same goes for other apps that have a 0 in my config file.

Any thoughts here?

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
I'm trying to flash NikGApps core for A11 on poco x3 nfc (encrypted), but twrp keeps saying "Installation failed! Looks like storage space is full". I used addon_version.d=2 in /sdcard/nikgapps.config, but twrp didn't ask for pin (it was working fine with A10). Maybe that's the reason?

edit: flamegapps worked, so not a twrp issue...
Oh, can you try the latest canary? I'm just deploying it. Should be up in next 1 hour. Also, would be great if you could share installation logs from /sdcard/NikGapps folder
I have Oneplus 6 device, I installed nikgapps basic and core but I get black screen on login screen. What can I do please help urgently.
Is your issue resolved? Ideally you should not face that problem with core or basic.
Using LineageOS 18.1 (with LineageOS Recovery), but when flashing NikGapps after clean flash -> rebooting into recovery, it flashes fine but it does not acknowledge the settings in my config file.

My config file is placed under sdcard/NikGapps/nikgapps.config

For example, if I flash the FULL package, it includes the Pixel Launcher when I specify to not install it (i.e. 0), same goes for other apps that have a 0 in my config file.

Any thoughts here?
Can you share the installation logs? I'm pretty sure you have config files located at multiple locations and it's picking up the value from a different location than the one you configured

PlayboiFabi

Jun 14, 2021
Hey Nik i need help please. I have a Redmi 7 onclite, when i flash the rom, your gapps and magisk (in that order) the phone doesn't pass the bootlogo, the screen flash and it takes me back to the recovery again... What im doing wrong? Im just doing what I do with every other Gapps package.

PD: It happens with the Pixys os and lineage os, and only with NikGapps.

Reactions: lifesaver38

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hey Nik i need help please. I have a Redmi 7 onclite, when i flash the rom, your gapps and magisk (in that order) the phone doesn't pass the bootlogo, the screen flash and it takes me back to the recovery again... What im doing wrong? Im just doing what I do with every other Gapps package.

PD: It happens with the Pixys os and lineage os, and only with NikGapps.
It's weird, which package did you flash?

Can you try NikGapps-core latest canary build?

Hi. I recently flashed nikgapps core onto LineageOS 18.1 on my magisk rooted OP5T, and have been having issues with location services. For some reason, no apps can load GPS or location, even when the permission is enabled it won't work. And unlike the usual scenario where an app would indicate it failed, they (hue and acuuweather for example) just hang as if it's going to load eventually but never does.
To add, I've tired to fix it by installing the navigation addon, as well as both Google maps addons with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi. I recently flashed nikgapps core onto LineageOS 18.1 on my magisk rooted OP5T, and have been having issues with location services. For some reason, no apps can load GPS or location, even when the permission is enabled it won't work. And unlike the usual scenario where an app would indicate it failed, they (hue and acuuweather for example) just hang as if it's going to load eventually but never does.
To add, I've tired to fix it by installing the navigation addon, as well as both Google maps addons with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Just updating for anyone that has this issue with Google Fused GPS services. Turns out you have to flash all the necessary NikGapps files before allowing the OS to boot in for the first time or it'll get bugged.

joshankit

Feb 4, 2018
@Nikhil I'm using Evolution X 5.7 rom on my redmi note 8 pro(begonia), it has gapps preinstalled, but my "hey google" or "voice unlock" thing doesn't work. I want to test your build, which version should I download and do I just flash your gapps build on top of my current rom with preinstalled gapps or is there anything else needed to be done.

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
Hello. Anyone knows which app I can use to edit the nikgapps.config file? I want to try a custom install but I can't manage to edit that file

Its a text file, nothing special

Notepad++ is recommended for ANY text files on windows...

You can use File > Open in any text editor, then navigate to the nikgapps.config file and open it that way, or double click nikgapps.config file and then when prompted choose NotePad++ or any other text editor as the default program, and tick to "always open" using that program.

Reactions: Diego19891989

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
@Nikhil

Just a quick one, just grabbing the latest config from sourceforge to edit, and noticed that the previous options:

# Addon.d configs set them to 0 to skip the functionality
execute.d=1
mount.d=1
unmount.d=1

Seem to be now just:

execute.d=1

Is it correct the mount/unmount lines have been deprecated?

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
@Nikhil NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20210612 I dont know but in my case phone dialer doesnt show up or I cant make a call in Crdroid or Arrowos Vanilla - poco x3. Thank you for your work brother and I hope someday everything back to normal.
Did you set dialer as default?
@Nikhil I'm using Evolution X 5.7 rom on my redmi note 8 pro(begonia), it has gapps preinstalled, but my "hey google" or "voice unlock" thing doesn't work. I want to test your build, which version should I download and do I just flash your gapps build on top of my current rom with preinstalled gapps or is there anything else needed to be done.
I'd flash core and Velvet addon on top of preinstalled google apps Rom.
@Nikhil

Just a quick one, just grabbing the latest config from sourceforge to edit, and noticed that the previous options:

execute.d=1
mount.d=1
unmount.d=1

Seem to be now just:

execute.d=1

Those two config values are now deprecated since addon.d v3 does the mounting and we no longer have to worry about it.

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
New Release is up!

Changelog
  • Fix unzip command failing to recognize '-p' arg and eventually failing the installation (thanks to @glx33807 and @OneWayGamer)
  • Allow dirty flashing Gboard/Clock upon dirty flashing Rom
  • Script Optimization (comparatively faster installation)!
  • Rename NikGapps log name to reflect device and file name
  • Abort the installation when system available size is 0
  • Fix gapps failing for devices not having /system as block
Enjoy!

New Release is up!

Changelog
  • Fix unzip command failing to recognize '-p' arg and eventually failing the installation (thanks to @glx33807 and @OneWayGamer)
Enjoy!
Why isn't the youtube vanced add-on updated to the latest version 16.20.35? And also, does it require root?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Release is up!

Changelog
    Enjoy!
    @Nikhil NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20210612 I dont know but in my case phone dialer doesnt show up or I cant make a call in Crdroid or Arrowos Vanilla - poco x3. Thank you for your work brother and I hope someday everything back to normal.
    Did you set dialer as default?
    I'd flash core and Velvet addon on top of preinstalled google apps Rom.
    @Nikhil

execute.d=1
    mount.d=1
    unmount.d=1

Seem to be now just:

execute.d=1

Those two config values are now deprecated since addon.d v3 does the mounting and we no longer have to worry about it.
    Why isn't the youtube vanced add-on updated to the latest version 16.20.35? And also, does it require root?
    It'll be updated soon. No it doesn't require root.
    Hi Everyone,

A big announcement!

Recently we announced the ability to create your own customized NikGapps builds

Well, now we've moved on to the next level to speed things up for you, reducing the turnaround time of merging your pull requests.

Now, you can get your customized builds in less than 30 mins of sending a pull request!

We've worked on setting up an ecosystem where your pull request will be validated against the standards in less than 30 mins of your pull request, building the custom builds right away. The config files which are invalid/unacceptable as per the standards, will be handled manually for obvious reasons.

In the best case scenario, you will get your builds in 10-15 mins of raising a pull request!

This was a manual process until now where we used to validate and merge the pull request and wait for nightly cycle to build custom gapps. No more!

So what are you waiting for? Head over to config repository and start building your own gapps.
    Saw only now that there was another build on 210704 - can you share what the difference to 210703 (used it on the very same day) is as I can't find a changelog? Any reason to flash 210704 if 210703 appears to do so far a good job?
    Nope, below is the answer to your question.

R5WEmSK.png

Hi Everyone,

Here I'd like to Introduce you with my custom Gapps package that I use on day to day basis when I flash a new Rom. As I've observed many people struggling with finding the correct version of gapps to flash, I decided to build a package of my own which lets you flash stable google apps with a lot of variants so you can decide for yourself which package suits you.

What is NikGapps?
    • NikGapps project started with the goal to provide custom gapps packages that suits everyone's needs. A package that a user needs but cannot find and ends up setting up the device installing more apps and removing unwanted apps manually.
    • NikGapps is a gapps package built from my own device. As my device is always updated with latest version of Google Apps, every time I build a new package, I am on latest and stable version of Google Apps
    • NikGapps also comes with Android Go package for low end devices.
    • NikGapps is a bit different than other Gapps packages (written from scratch, it isn't a port of OpenGapps). It focuses on providing apps that most of the people uses but can't find it in other Gapps packages and ends up installing the apps manually
    • NikGapps doesn't have stock YouTube, instead it has YouTube vanced (v14 with separate addons for v15). It doesn't have Pixel Launcher, instead it has Lawnchair launcher (Till Android Q, discontinued starting Android R)
    • NikGapps supports split-apks
    • NikGapps also comes with nikgapps.config and debloater.config which allows you to control your installation and debloat unnecessary stuff from your Rom respectively.
    • NikGapps is built on a different architecture, the installation method is completely different (Every Package comes with installer.sh that installs itself). Also, it installs the gapps to /product partition instead of /system partition
    • NikGapps also allows you to configure the installation, it can be installed to any partition (be it /system or /product or any other partition which may get added in future)
    • NikGapps also allows you to keep the aosp counterpart of google app if you want (just by using nikgapps.config you can choose whether to remove the aosp counterpart or remove it)
    • NikGapps allows you to dirty flash it anytime you want, it also supports installing on top of Roms with Gapps (except for the pixel flavored Roms)
    • NikGapps also comes with addon packages (useful ones) so that users don't have to flash the whole gapps package just to have the app installed.
    • NikGapps supports the Privileged Permission Whitelisting, providing the necessary permissions to the privileged apps.
    • It supports addon.d so you need not flash the package again and again after every nightly flash
    • NikGapps addon.d functionality is built from scratch which allows you to completely control which app you want to backup/restore on dirty flash.
    • It also allows optimizing Google Play Services (when you turn off Find My Device) so that you can sleep with peace without having to worry about Google play services eating your battery. (Requires support from Rom too in order to work)
    Also, since these are custom build, I can include as many packages as I want (which I do, you can pm me if you want that package)

NikGapps comes with following packages
    » Core
    » Basic
    » Omni
    » Macro
    » Stock
    » Full
    » Go (for low end devices)

Although these packages cover a large user base, there are few users who like things differently that is where NikGapps Addons Comes into picture. These Addon packages are separate and meant to flash over NikGapps original packages.

Everything about NikGapps

Flashing Instructions for A/B devices (Clean Flash is recommended)

• Flash Rom in Slot A, Flash twrp, reboot to recovery
    • Flash Rom in Slot B, Flash twrp, reboot to recovery
    • Flash NikGapps
    • Flash Debloater (Optional)
    • Reboot

Flashing Instructions for A-only devices (Clean Flash is recommended)
    • Flash Rom
    • Flash NikGapps
    • Flash Debloater (Optional)
    • Reboot
    How to clean flash NikGapps update without losing data?
    • Delete /system/addon.d/nikgapps folder
    • Delete /system/addon.d/nikgapps-addon.sh
    • Dirty flash Rom
    • Flash newer version of NikGapps
    How to remove/uninstall an Addon or Package?

Method 1 (Faster and Recommended)
    • edit nikgapps.config and set <Addon>=-1 (e.g. YouTube=-1)
    • set mode=uninstall
    • Reflash the zip you flashed in first place to install the addon/package
    Method 2
    • Uninstall any playstore updates you have for the addon
    • Delete the <addon>.sh file from /system/addon.d/nikgapps folder (e.g. YouTube.sh)
    • Reflash the rom
    Enjoy the package! hope it helps you somewhat!

Downloads
    Credits
    » osm0sis (for the shell scripting template)
    » Arya (for logo and his suggestions and help)
    » Vanced Team (for YouTube Vanced)
    » maartenfonville, nezorflame for creating and maintaining opengapps
    » Lawnchair Team (for Lawnchair)
    » HootanParsa (for MixPlorer)
    » xXx (for his NoLimits module - Amazing work!)

Frequently Asked Questions

ChangeLog
    Downloads
    NikGapps Basic
    NikGapps Stock

Changelog:

-Fixed FC with Face Unlock
    -Added Google Sounds
    -Added Pixel Launcher
    -Updated YouTube Vanced to latest
    -Updated Google Camera to latest
    -Latest Google Apps (25th June)

I've created Telegram Release channel for NikGapps. Those who find this useful can get the builds there faster.

Enjoy! :)
    Hey can we have a package which will replace the default ROMs aosp apps like Google calendar, Google clock, Google dailer, Google contact, google message, google calculator, google gboard, youtube vanced, pixel launcher and wallpaper, Latest Gcam with all the goodies like playground ar sticker included if you cant provide it in a single zip then provide gcam all in one zip separately. Rest all other apps can be downloaded but these apps are needed as default apps in the ROM.

+1 to this but without the pixel launcher because I like the built launcher
    I'll create one tomorrow. I'll exclude pixel launcher as we can install it separately and there are ported versions available which are preferred over stock.
    As for ar sticker in Google camera, I'll create a separate addon zip as the file size will increase tremendously and not everyone wants to install it.
    Time for another Q update! (12-Jan-2020)

Changelog

- Fixed NikGapps installation issues with config values not reflecting in installation
    - Added a nikgapps.config value "2" to retain aosp apps (set the value to 2 if you don't want the installer to delete the aosp counter part of Google app)
    - Aosp Dialer is now deleted by default starting omni package to maintain the uniformity.

Note: set Dialer=2 in nikgapps.config before flashing if you want the gapps to skip removing aosp Dialer, the installer will remove the Dialer by default.

Full Changelog and download links are in OP

Thank you for choosing NikGapps!