• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Custom Kernel for Stock

Would you use a custom kernel for stock?

• Yes

Votes: 24 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Saythis

Jan 30, 2012
How many of you are running stock? Would you like a custom kernel with optimizations, governors, schedulers and overclocking/undervolting? Would anyone use it if I released one? If so, what governors and schedulers would you like to see?

Thanks!

Last edited:

catsruul

Jun 2, 2016
A custom kernel for Nougat would push me even closer to the already close edge that is my wallet.

This phone seriously looks attractive for the ~$160 asking price on Newegg/Amazon. Coming from a Nexus 5/Spare GS4, I'm used to really poor battery life and average performance.

I'm currently eyeing the Moto G4 and the Robin. The Robin is much more powerful, but doesn't have a replaceable battery and has a much smaller battery (technically the G4's battery isn't replaceable but it can be done fairly easily). There's also this business with Razer, which isn't too big of an issue as I normally stick with custom ROMs (and stock is getting quite a few updates in the future).

Both are in the high ~$160-200 range. Any input? If the Robin's battery is somehow replaceable that would be amazing, and I'd like an OEM supplier.

catsruul

Jun 2, 2016
A custom kernel for Nougat would push me even closer to the already close edge that is my wallet.

This phone seriously looks attractive for the ~$160 asking price on Newegg/Amazon. Coming from a Nexus 5/Spare GS4, I'm used to really poor battery life and average performance.

I'm currently eyeing the Moto G4 and the Robin. The Robin is much more powerful, but doesn't have a replaceable battery and has a much smaller battery (technically the G4's battery isn't replaceable but it can be done fairly easily). There's also this business with Razer, which isn't too big of an issue as I normally stick with custom ROMs (and stock is getting quite a few updates in the future).

Both are in the high ~$160-200 range. Any input? If the Robin's battery is somehow replaceable that would be amazing, and I'd like an OEM supplier.

It would also be amazing to see some voltage control to control the beast of an 808.

bgiesing

crian

Jul 29, 2012
There will be a custom kernel available in the near future for AOSP/Omni on the Robin. It is currently being tested ? and so far it's showing quite a bit of promise.

Some features it'll include are efficient hotplugging, optimized CPU governors, a new I/O scheduler and much more.. Based on Electron Kernel for the Nexus 6p by @frap129

Any news on the electron kernel?

xBane_

Feb 12, 2017
There will be a custom kernel available in the near future for AOSP/Omni on the Robin. It is currently being tested ? and so far it's showing quite a bit of promise.

Some features it'll include are efficient hotplugging, optimized CPU governors, a new I/O scheduler and much more.. Based on Electron Kernel for the Nexus 6p by @frap129
Updates?

Top Liked Posts