Custom Marshmallow kernel for Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML/ZE550ML

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http2F2Fi1_8963142_23132962.jpg

I present Custom Kernels for Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML/ZE550ML for 4.21.40.61/54/69/111/112/134/144 firmwares(Android 6.0.1)
    Disclaimer: I am not responsible for your broken phone , broken memory card, etc. All my kernels I test first on my own phones , and then upload here

If you like my works please do not forget donate to me(my PayPal account is borets918@gmail.com)
    Kernel is signed. For install you should have unlocked bootloader which unlock for example if you get root access or install constantly TWRP or if you to flash 6.0.1 beta over 2.20.40.184 with unlocked bootloader. If you don't want to get root access or install constantly TWRP please search on this forum method of unlock bootloader on Android 6.0.1 beta, for example, here http://xdaforums.com/zenfone2/general/unlock-zenfone2-android-6-0-beta-unlock-t3411264.

Attention!!! If you have root acess after installing my kernel you lose root access. You may to get it one more time.

May be problem with detect SIM1 or SIM2 after first start/geting root access. Solution: go to Settings>Dual SIM card settings and disable-enable SIM1/SIM2. After this you not will see this problems, sims will be detect without problems

Don't be afraid print "Your device has failed verification" ,DON'T TOUCH ANY BUTTONS, please simply wait 2-3 sec- and device will start

Features:
    1. USB Mass Storage Mode support
    2. Added Conservative, Powersave, Interactive Pro, Intel governors and I/O schedulers Deadline, bfq,sio,sioplus,fifo,fiops,vr,zen
    3. Processor mode "1 cpu per module" a place of "2 cpus per module" btw each core change frequency independent, not pair
    4. KVM support
    5. Video card changes:
    a) available additional GPU frequencies 106, 133,160,177 MHz btw underclock but I to set min freq 457 MHz same as stock kernel. You may change GPU freq from my Kernel Adiutor version(it lay on google drive with my kernels) or from say99
    b)Added additional thermal states. If on 457 MHz have overheating- freq go to 400 MHz, if overheating on 400- go to 355, if hot on 355-go to 320 MHz and so on. In stock kernel if overheating on 457 MHz- processor goes in 200 MHz and was lags in games
    c) Added 640 MHz GPU frequency
    6.Full autobrightness, remove her minimal 15 level btw min autobrightness became lower
    7. Multi-window mode. you can enable it in Settings>Developer Options>Multi-window mode
    8.Added choice adoptable storage(SD card as Internal Memory). May do it from Quick Settings after reboot or Settings>USB & Storage>click on sdcard> Menu(three points in Right corner)> Settings)
    9. Improve touchscreen work quality
    10. Better game Performance
    11. Added Multiuser mode

How to install

Method 1. From PC
    1. You should download files for flashing:
    ADB v1.0.32: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Fin8UxrD6PUmN6SkVPMXR3UTA/view?usp=sharing
    2. Download Kernel image and put it to directory with unpacked ADB & fastboot drivers from previous point of this manual

All my Marshmallow kernel versions will be herehttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxVRXQGBg4DTV3RUZEVhSnBkLVU
    3.You should reboot your phone in the droidboot mode. (turn off you gadget then press Turn off button and volume + button)
    4. Then go to the ADB folder and hold Shift + Right Mouse button and write this command:

Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot55x-XX.XX.img
    , where XX.XX- date of kernel
    5. Reboot to Android.

Method 2( via TWRP, without PC)
    1. Download bootMyyy-XX.XX.img
    2. Go to recovery mode
    3. Click Install, choose this boot55x-XX.XX.img, choose boot partition and flash
    4. Then reboot

Method 3 If You don't want to install constantly TWRP may also to install via Temporary TWRP
    1. Put any TWRP to folder with ADB& fastboot drivers on PC
    2. Download boot55x-XX.XX.img to phone
    3. Reboot your phone to bootloader
    4. Connect your phone to PC
    5. Then go to the ADB folder and hold Shift + Right Mouse button and write this command:
    Code:
    fastboot boot your_twrp_name.img
    6. TWRP started
    7. Click Install, choose this boot55x-XX.XX.img, choose boot partition and flash
    8. Then reboot

My Kernel Source here https://github.com/BORETS24/Marshmallow-kernel-for-Asus-Zenfone-2-ZE551ML-ZE550ML

Changelog:
    Now one universal kernel for both models

Added 640 MHz GPU frequency and it really work, now on simple_ondemand GPU governor available 3 freqs: 457, 533 and 640 MHz(but I don't want to name this "overclock" because performance still same)

Compilied with new GCC 5.4

Used AOSP 7.1.1 instead 6.0.1 and BSSL instead OpenSSL

Disabled Intel DPST. Now maximum manual brightness will be really high

Decrease minimal manual brigtness from 15 to 12 level and autobrightness level from 6 to 3

Selinux Enforcing by default again, you may change selinux mode to Permissive from other apps or with init.d scripts 1a2g3h , which need put to su/su.d folder or may put to root internal memory- /sdcard. I attached it end of kernel description

Added Multiuser mode to Main settings (up to 3 users)

Some changes in sfi-cpufreq driver and Intel and Interactive governors

Improve touchscreen work quality(fix little freeze when you sliding very slow)
    Improve Game performance
    Ramdisk from 184 firmware
    Dirty Cow protect
    Improve interface speed
    LZ4 kernel compress
    Remove KSM and UKSM

USB Mass Storage Support

XDA:DevDB Information
    Custom Marshmallow kernel for Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML/ZE550ML, Kernel for the Asus ZenFone 2

Contributors
    BORETS24
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2016-07-30
    Last Updated 2017-01-15
    Changelog:

Full autobrightness, remove her minimal 15 level btw min autobrightness became lower

Add version for ZE550ML
    Changelog:

Now one universal kernel for both models

Added 640 MHz GPU frequency and it really work, now on simple_ondemand GPU governor available 3 freqs: 457, 533 and 640 MHz(but I don't want to name this "overclock" because performance still same)

Compilied with new GCC 5.4

Used AOSP 7.1.1 instead 6.0.1 and BSSL instead OpenSSL

Disabled Intel DPST. Now maximum manual brightness will be really high

Decrease minimal manual brigtness from 15 to 12 level and autobrightness level from 6 to 3

Selinux Enforcing by default again, you may change selinux mode to Permissive from other apps or with init.d scripts 1a2g3h , which need put to su/su.d folder or may put to root internal memory- /sdcard. I attached it end of kernel description

Added Multiuser mode to Main settings (up to 3 users)

Some changes in sfi-cpufreq driver and Intel and Interactive governors
    Changelog:
    Improve touchscreen work quality(fix little freeze when you sliding very slow)
    Improve Game performance
    Ramdisk from 184 firmware
    Dirty Cow protect
    Improve interface speed
    LZ4 kernel compress
    Remove KSM and UKSM
    Video governor simple_ondemand from Linux 4.9
    Changelog:

Added choice adoptable storage(SD card as Internal Memory). May do it from Quick Settings after reboot or Settings>USB & Storage>click on sdcard> Menu(three points in Right corner> Settings)

Touchboost_freq in Interactive governor now acts only for 2 cores CPU, the other two processor cores resting on the minimum frequency. In past my or stock kernels all 4 cores jump up frequency.

Zram is on