• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Custom Recoveries for OnePlus Nord CE 5G - are TWRP or OrangeFox available?

Search This thread

pgorod

Dec 19, 2012
Hi

I just successfully rooted my OnePlus Nord CE 5G, but I didn't use a custom recovery to do it. I still miss the features of custom recoveries, essentially the low-level backups.

I searched the Internet for TWRP and OrangeFox, I like both and have used them on previous devices. However, I couldn't find anything for this phone.

Does anyone know how to get that working on Nord CE? Or if there is any low-risk way of trying random recovery builds in the phone, and be able to re-flash the stock recovery if it goes wrong?

pgorod

Dec 19, 2012
Did you make any progress on this?
None at all. I was waiting for answers here.

I guess that

- nobody really has specific knowledge about this on Nord CE

and

- the people who have generic knowledge about whether it's risky or not to flash random recoveries and recover with stock recoveries... those people aren't reading this thread.

I personally can't try anything risky, I am already relying on this phone as my main professional tool... and personal gadget.

diegolag

Aug 7, 2021
None at all. I was waiting for answers here.

I guess that

- nobody really has specific knowledge about this on Nord CE

and

- the people who have generic knowledge about whether it's risky or not to flash random recoveries and recover with stock recoveries... those people aren't reading this thread.

I personally can't try anything risky, I am already relying on this phone as my main professional tool... and personal gadget.
Well, then you have not bricked your phone as I did trying to root it without making a backup first :)

Good to know, I haven't found a solution yet

Anticolick

Sep 2, 2016
Right now orangefox android 11 tree is not released (if yes , i dont know), but twrp has. And already custom twrp compiled for ce but needs development and testing.

Right now I need storage on my personal pc , this weekend i will insert new ssd for development on CE (4. SSD :D) . First target to see stable twrp (hope it will be official maybe) and then we can compile some roms kernels etc. But i will compile only gapps inbuild roms :) .

And second news, trying miui cam port to CE . Hope it will work . OxygenOS cam software is trash for me.

Reactions: Sony make.belive

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

I just successfully rooted my OnePlus Nord CE 5G, but I didn't use a custom recovery to do it. I still miss the features of custom recoveries, essentially the low-level backups.

I searched the Internet for TWRP and OrangeFox, I like both and have used them on previous devices. However, I couldn't find anything for this phone.

Does anyone know how to get that working on Nord CE? Or if there is any low-risk way of trying random recovery builds in the phone, and be able to re-flash the stock recovery if it goes wrong?
    Right now orangefox android 11 tree is not released (if yes , i dont know), but twrp has. And already custom twrp compiled for ce but needs development and testing.

Right now I need storage on my personal pc , this weekend i will insert new ssd for development on CE (4. SSD :D) . First target to see stable twrp (hope it will be official maybe) and then we can compile some roms kernels etc. But i will compile only gapps inbuild roms :) .

And second news, trying miui cam port to CE . Hope it will work . OxygenOS cam software is trash for me.