• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

custom recovery for galaxy ace SM-G357FZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mrsim

Mar 10, 2014
london
www.china-devices.com
hello the community,
am in the search for a custom recovery for the above titled device as it's my work friends wifes device and the screen smashed and am trying to recover the data from it...it's screen is totally not working,it's pin locked and also no usb debugging enabled so no recovery programs will work...i found an article online which will get me access but the problem is that i need a custom recovery to get access via ADB if anyone can help that would be awesome...thanks
i have searched the forum and google for a compatible recovery but have found nothing so far

mrsim

Mar 10, 2014
london
www.china-devices.com
hey everyone a friend of mine here on the forum @HypoTurtle has kindly ported a recovery for this device if anyone would like to test it that would be awesome for users...the reason he originally made it was so that i could recover some files via ADB from a friends galaxy ace who's screen was broken unfortunately the device never bothered to power on so i couldn't get an opportunity to test this TWRP build...but if any of you are willing here is the link to the recovery please flash it through ODIN of course as there is no available recovery for this version of the galaxy ace and maybe this could help a few people
so please make sure you have a recovery rom or stock recovery.img to use if TWRP isn't working for you...this is a WIP and i am not even sure if this will be updated by the dev but it's worth checking out

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...nB3WGZsOWRoeG8

brkoMostar

Jan 16, 2013
hey everyone a friend of mine here on the forum @HypoTurtle has kindly ported a recovery for this device if anyone would like to test it that would be awesome for users...the reason he originally made it was so that i could recover some files via ADB from a friends galaxy ace who's screen was broken unfortunately the device never bothered to power on so i couldn't get an opportunity to test this TWRP build...but if any of you are willing here is the link to the recovery please flash it through ODIN of course as there is no available recovery for this version of the galaxy ace and maybe this could help a few people
so please make sure you have a recovery rom or stock recovery.img to use if TWRP isn't working for you...this is a WIP and i am not even sure if this will be updated by the dev but it's worth checking out

link broken?

I am available for testing...

IscreaMan

Apr 22, 2007

I can test custom recovery for SM-G357FZ.

Any chace to reupload this TWRP port?

Reactions: mrsim

mrsim

Mar 10, 2014
london
www.china-devices.com
still decorating... a lot more work than i first thought, plus am getting a custom made desk built which has also delayed things for now... don't worry guys as soon as i am back up and running i will keep with the thread and hopefully we can get you all a workibg recovery... thanks for your patience

mrsim

Mar 10, 2014
london
www.china-devices.com
hey guys been a while but i am back up and running again...it's been so long i have managed to forget where the file is on my p.c. so am waiting for @HypoTurtle to get back to me after he has checked the file i think is the correct one then i will post the link...thanks for your patience

mrsim

Mar 10, 2014
london
www.china-devices.com
ok guys n gals so here is the link to the TWRP...hope it works for you please post any logs if you know how if it fails or there are any problems.. @HypoTurtle only usually makes these for MTK devices so this will be a slow WIP,also make sure you have a full backup available to use if anything goes wrong....please remember you FLASH THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK...if you get bricked,get pregnant,or anything else it's not our fault

http://www.4shared.com/file/RWd2ssB-ba/TWRP-test1.html

vietnam131

May 20, 2012
Gonna test it later today. It's 4:25 AM at mine place right now.
<---------------------------------------------edit--------------------------------------------->
Failed to flash it. Current binary flag set to custom, knox on 0x0 (knox not triggered). Phone works normal after.
Log from ODIN 3.07
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> recovery.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Size)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Last edited:
Reactions: mrsim

mrsim

Mar 10, 2014
london
www.china-devices.com
ok guys sorry to say but this thread will be closed as the developer has no time to work on this project as he does not have this device and also mainly works with MTK devices...sorry to get your hopes up...maybe in the future someone will attempt to get a working recovery for this older device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I can test custom recovery for SM-G357FZ.

Any chace to reupload this TWRP port?
    Gonna test it later today. It's 4:25 AM at mine place right now.
    <---------------------------------------------edit--------------------------------------------->
    Failed to flash it. Current binary flag set to custom, knox on 0x0 (knox not triggered). Phone works normal after.
    Log from ODIN 3.07
    <ID:0/004> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> recovery.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
    <ID:0/004> File analysis..
    <ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/004> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/004> recovery.img
    <ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/004> FAIL! (Size)
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)