Custom recovery- padlock unlocked

Search This thread

jawonder

Nov 29, 2010
Boynton Beach, FL
I bought an AT&T 32 GB Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) yesterday and rooted it using the "MotoChopper" method . I then tried to find a custom recovery and didn't come up with any . This morning i got a pop saying i have an update from AT&T, I downloaded "RootKeep" click on save root then took the update. While the phone was rebooting i noticed it was saying "Custom recovery" with an Open Padlock. What does this mean ?. I know on other devices an open padlock means the Bootloader is unlocked .

Last edited:

CPA Poke

Oct 23, 2012
Tulsa, OK
I bought an AT&T 32 GB Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) yesterday and rooted it using the "MotoRooter" method . I then tried to find a custom recovery and didn't come up with any . This morning i got a pop saying i have an update from AT&T, I downloaded "RootKeep" click on save root then took the update. While the phone was rebooting i noticed it was saying "Custom recovery" with an Open Padlock. What does this mean ?. I know on other devices an open padlock means the Bootloader is unlocked .

It doesn't say "Custom Recovery", it just says "Custom" - and all it indicates is that you're rooted. I encourage you to go read a couple of the threads in this forum...in which you'd find out that we still have a locked bootloader (until djrbliss releases his exploit later this month hopefully) and, thus, no way to install a custom recovery yet.

Edit: This is from the Motochopper root thread's OP:

Warning:
At this point, since there are no custom recoveries or stock images available, it may not be possible to repair your device should you accidentally break it. Please be aware of this before performing any modifications to your phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: jawonder

jawonder

Nov 29, 2010
Boynton Beach, FL
It doesn't say "Custom Recovery", it just says "Custom" - and all it indicates is that you're rooted. I encourage you to go read a couple of the threads in this forum...in which you'd find out that we still have a locked bootloader (until djrbliss releases his exploit later this month hopefully) and, thus, no way to install a custom recovery yet.

Yeah sorry don't know why i put Custom Recovery instead on custom . Will do some reading in the thread . Thanks

Reactions: CPA Poke

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought an AT&T 32 GB Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) yesterday and rooted it using the "MotoRooter" method . I then tried to find a custom recovery and didn't come up with any . This morning i got a pop saying i have an update from AT&T, I downloaded "RootKeep" click on save root then took the update. While the phone was rebooting i noticed it was saying "Custom recovery" with an Open Padlock. What does this mean ?. I know on other devices an open padlock means the Bootloader is unlocked .

Warning:
    At this point, since there are no custom recoveries or stock images available, it may not be possible to repair your device should you accidentally break it. Please be aware of this before performing any modifications to your phone.

Yeah sorry don't know why i put Custom Recovery instead on custom . Will do some reading in the thread . Thanks

No prob. I'm right there with you in desperately awaiting that bootloader unlock!