[CUSTOM RECOVERY] TWRP Recovery

Search This thread

csolanol

Apr 18, 2010
DISCLAIMER
We are not responsible for any damage, bootloop, bricked or broken tablets and Relationships.

Team @csolanol & @diegocr is back!!!

Notice
This recovery can't be flashed to the tablet meanwhile the bootloader is locked. We don't have any way to unlock it for now so you must launch it this way:

Code:
fastboot boot TWRP_Fire_2.8.7.0_adb.img

Edit: Project became stable. Got rid of the backlight error thanks to @diegocr.

Download
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087018181

Update 2015-12-14
MTP working, if doesn't mount disable and re-enable
Don't use USB storage, not working

Update 2015-12-13
Added adb & USB storage mount USB storage not working

XDA:DevDB Information
[CUSTOM RECOVERY] TWRP Recovery, Tool/Utility for the Amazon Fire

Contributors
csolanol, diegocr

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1
Stable Release Date: 2015-11-09

Created 2015-11-06
Last Updated 2015-12-14

Last edited:

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Video: 2015 Fire: Booting TWRP, Rooting, Installing Gapps

Basic Directions

This is a temporary recovery, it must be booted with fastboot commands, every time want to use it.

What you can do with a Custom Recovery

Last edited:

petermg

Aug 7, 2008
THANK YOU!!! Making a backup now! I don't know if this is important or not but when I started my backup, it showed the command screen, and the first line I saw there was in red, and said
Code:
[COLOR="Red"]E:Find_File: Error opening '/sys/class/backlight'[/COLOR]
again, don't know if it's a big deal or not but thanks again so glad I can now make a backup and to OTG USB thumb drive even!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

csolanol

Apr 18, 2010
THANK YOU!!! Making a backup now! I don't know if this is important or not but when I started my backup, it showed the command screen, and the first line I saw there was in red, and said
Code:
[COLOR="Red"]E:Find_File: Error opening '/sys/class/backlight'[/COLOR]
again, don't know if it's a big deal or not but thanks again so glad I can now make a backup and to OTG USB thumb drive even!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
Just ignore that line.

macravin

Oct 27, 2012
Yes, however right now I'm just doing a highly customized, de-bloated, de-amazon'd, pre-rooted, stock based rom. I don't know if anyone is working on AOSP or CM based roms at the moment.
That sounds really great. I tried to make a deblooated rom, but I broke the settings application by accident. I guess I'll just wait until someone else releases theirs... :/

sandman512

Nov 12, 2007
SD, I am trying to install TWRP as per the video. For some reason, my files look different then your and I am running Win 10. Any advice? Thanks much.
PS: When I get to the command prompt,, mine just opens up to my system, not the ADB folder....

EDIT: Ok, got it to go, don't know how, but it worked. Anyone else notice the device runs a little sluggish after this? Thanks!

Last edited:

zach61797

Oct 18, 2013
Wi
hey since this is running lollipop amazon os. cany you guys make a costom rom like the hdx developers do that can be booted without unlocking the bootloader. they use safestrap which is like twrp but for locked bootloaders and install custom roms. they arnt fully custom they have amazon aspects that let it boot with the locked bootloader but it is almost fully custom the hdx has a nexus rom and a cm11 rom they made for it.

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
SD, I am trying to install TWRP as per the video. For some reason, my files look different then your and I am running Win 10. Any advice? Thanks much.
PS: When I get to the command prompt,, mine just opens up to my system, not the ADB folder....

EDIT: Ok, got it to go, don't know how, but it worked. Anyone else notice the device runs a little sluggish after this? Thanks!
Did you install Google apps zip?
It's not unusual for google services to slow down a device

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Thanks for the reply. Yes, did install the Google Apps Zip? Can that be uninstalled?
Not as easily as it they were installed.
Use a root file manager, to delete or rename or move.
Use titanium backup pro or similar app, to freeze google apps
you freeze all google apps, and see if performance improved, them unfreeze google apps one at a time to see which ones are causing issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER
    We are not responsible for any damage, bootloop, bricked or broken tablets and Relationships.

Team @csolanol & @diegocr is back!!!

Notice
    This recovery can't be flashed to the tablet meanwhile the bootloader is locked. We don't have any way to unlock it for now so you must launch it this way:

Code:
    fastboot boot TWRP_Fire_2.8.7.0_adb.img

Edit: Project became stable. Got rid of the backlight error thanks to @diegocr.

Download
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087018181

Update 2015-12-14
    MTP working, if doesn't mount disable and re-enable
    Don't use USB storage, not working

Update 2015-12-13
    Added adb & USB storage mount USB storage not working

XDA:DevDB Information
    [CUSTOM RECOVERY] TWRP Recovery, Tool/Utility for the Amazon Fire

Contributors
    csolanol, diegocr

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1
    Stable Release Date: 2015-11-09

Created 2015-11-06
    Last Updated 2015-12-14
    Video: 2015 Fire: Booting TWRP, Rooting, Installing Gapps

Basic Directions

This is a temporary recovery, it must be booted with fastboot commands, every time want to use it.

What you can do with a Custom Recovery
    Is anyone currently working on modified stock builds for this tablet? I think a rom like Kinnology on previous devices is what this slate needs right now. I tried to debloat and add some of the regular android settings to the settings app, but I just ended up breaking things.... ;(
    Yup, working on SlimLP. At this point it is as stable as cm from ggow plus battery stats fixed. No plans to release it until bluettooth works.
    fae7eef4b1d088f189108ee212bb0437.jpg
    Any Tom development started yet?

Yes, however right now I'm just doing a highly customized, de-bloated, de-amazon'd, pre-rooted, stock based rom. I don't know if anyone is working on AOSP or CM based roms at the moment.
    does anyone see any benefit to adding on the first page version 5.1.1 is not rootable at the moment? Or on any of the other main pages with procedures for root, roms, etc.

Just wondering...