[CUSTOM ROM] Arto's Sense 4.0 WWE BETA

Search This thread

Arto

Mar 3, 2008
Ciao
ho installato anche io la rom 3.9.2
anzitutto complimenti ...è davvero molto bella e fluida
poi volevo chiedere se qualcuno ha riscontrato i seguenti problemi con i tab della musica e delle foto...
-il tab musica legge i file presenti sulla micro sd ma quando si avvia l'ascolto spesso e volentieri si blocca la riproduzione del brano
-il tab delle immagini/video non visualizza nulla...mi permette solo di avviare la fotocamera...nonostante faccia le foto queste non mi compaiono nel tab fotografico che resta sempre vuoto

grazie

- it's depends of your music format, in the previous post, someone said that format the sd card and put paste your music again solves the problem
-you have to select your picture folder as favorite album, its in the album menu

please write in english or use google translator because its an english forum and not everyone speak italian, grazie molto ;)

andrew2110

Oct 5, 2008
- it's depends of your music format, in the previous post, someone said that format the sd card and put paste your music again solves the problem
-you have to select your picture folder as favorite album, its in the album menu

please write in english or use google translator because its an english forum and not everyone speak italian, grazie molto ;)

grazie mille

Axel85

May 9, 2010
Sadly it still doesn't work. :( I have already updated using the Satellite Updater.
I haven't changed the settings as default:
GPS program port: COM7
GPS hardware port: COM4
baud rate: 4800
Manage GPS automatically is checked.

Hi i use 115200 setting with no problem,and is setted even in igo primo...It s a good tip your,i have to try,but since now i had a super fast fix in max 1 minute...But i have to say that i modde my gps antenna as in the tutorial :D

Arto

Mar 3, 2008
I will maybe wait before realeasing the rom 4.0. As the 3.9.2 is stable enough, I want to wait until manila 2020 is out, there are some rumors concerning an official com3 build with com 3 native features. stay tuned!

andrew2110

Oct 5, 2008
In some applications (or phmregedit pochet Trump) when I go to use the bottom bar of this seems to be disproportionate wm (takes half display) preventing the choice of various options

you can eliminate this problem in order to have normal function of the bar with the options?
thanks

sifaan

Aug 2, 2006
Colombo
Sadly it still doesn't work. :( I have already updated using the Satellite Updater.
I haven't changed the settings as default:
GPS program port: COM7
GPS hardware port: COM4
baud rate: 4800
Manage GPS automatically is checked.

It used to work on those default settings before, but not in 3.9.2

I tried changing the setting; first when I tried GPS Hardware Com7 it crashed (perhaps because program port was still set at Com7). I then tried other options (including Com0) for Program port and Com7 for hardware port. Still didn't work.
But finally went back to Com7 for program port, Com4 for hardware port, but left baud rate at 57600 and it works fine.

Maybe it's just that 4800 baud doesn't work well on this ROM version for some reason?

nighos

Apr 28, 2008
It used to work on those default settings before, but not in 3.9.2

I tried changing the setting; first when I tried GPS Hardware Com7 it crashed (perhaps because program port was still set at Com7). I then tried other options (including Com0) for Program port and Com7 for hardware port. Still didn't work.
But finally went back to Com7 for program port, Com4 for hardware port, but left baud rate at 57600 and it works fine.

Maybe it's just that 4800 baud doesn't work well on this ROM version for some reason?

Edited: I tried my friend's device (using 3.9.2 as well) and the GPS works. Seems theres problem with my device :(

Last edited:

Axel85

May 9, 2010
I try to repost an old question:
Is it possible to disable start menu in 3.9.2 rom and repleace it with ocman launcher?
I tried but all i get is the disabled start menu...I remember in 3.8 was working

fulat

Apr 8, 2010
I try to repost an old question:
Is it possible to disable start menu in 3.9.2 rom and repleace it with ocman launcher?
I tried but all i get is the disabled start menu...I remember in 3.8 was working

yes... its working. but not 100%. i would say 90% working since ocman launcher only able to bring back around 90% of the start option.

install ocman launcher first then install arto disable start menu. reboot your device. after everything done. your start button gone. and u can touch on upper right conner to bring back ocman launcher

Axel85

May 9, 2010
ok it s working,i didn t noticed touching the upper left take me to the launcer...But is there a way to lock the device?i usally click on the button in start menu

fulat

Apr 8, 2010
ok it s working,i didn t noticed touching the upper left take me to the launcer...But is there a way to lock the device?i usally click on the button in start menu
nope. the launcher doesnt have the lock option. u need to create quicklink, i tried to lock the screen as well.. but this ROM have wakeup issue later.

u can try.

nighos

Apr 28, 2008
My device always automatically turn on itself regularly, not due to notification or incoming call... Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Last edited:

mikiton

Apr 7, 2010
I will maybe wait before realeasing the rom 4.0. As the 3.9.2 is stable enough, I want to wait until manila 2020 is out, there are some rumors concerning an official com3 build with com 3 native features. stay tuned!

Hi Arto,

I was waiting for a new release, but I will wait till the version 4 will be ready! If I can suggest something: for the new release it would be very good if you'll open a new thread, as this one contains hundred of pages!

M.

mikiton

Apr 7, 2010
@Arto:

Hi Arto!
I look forward to try your 4.0 ROM. Are you going to implement the contacts editing mode like it was in 3.6? (see my post http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9225135&postcount=225 for details). It was very immediate and simple to use, instead of the one in 3.9.2.

Thanks!
M.

Arto

Mar 3, 2008
@Arto:

Hi Arto!
I look forward to try your 4.0 ROM. Are you going to implement the contacts editing mode like it was in 3.6? (see my post http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9225135&postcount=225 for details). It was very immediate and simple to use, instead of the one in 3.9.2.

Thanks!
M.

Hey, sorry but it depends of the wm build, on your screenshot its a com 2 and on the latest builds you have to click 2 buttons more..its not a big deal though..

but maybe I release a 21916 (com 2) with htc volume control etc..

mikiton

Apr 7, 2010
Hey, sorry but it depends of the wm build, on your screenshot its a com 2 and on the latest builds you have to click 2 buttons more..its not a big deal though..

but maybe I release a 21916 (com 2) with htc volume control etc..

2 buttons more? I would be so glad if you'll teach me how, besides the fact that just to reach that screen is not so "immediate" as one could expect just to add an e-mail account or a phone number to a contact.

Thanks
M.

jaingram

Oct 27, 2003
application data folder being created

How do I stop Manila from creating an "application data" folder on my SD card? I assume this could cause manilla to lock up. Is there something in the registry that could be changed..?

nighos

Apr 28, 2008
yes... its working. but not 100%. i would say 90% working since ocman launcher only able to bring back around 90% of the start option.

install ocman launcher first then install arto disable start menu. reboot your device. after everything done. your start button gone. and u can touch on upper right conner to bring back ocman launcher

which remover version did you choose? wm6.5 or wm6.5.x? Thanks
link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=711914

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sip icon from dialer ?
    yes totally fixed as the dialer come from a 23xxx htc rom ;) then all the problems related to 23xxx are fixed

yes, from dialer
    Sorry all for the waiting. I have too much work at the university now, so its difficult to work on the rom, I will be back a the end of this week I promise ;)
    i'm using arto's 3.9.2 at the moment.

still having moment of phone freeze.
    s2u2 doesn't work. spb shell hangs alot.
    sometimes phone refuse to wake up immediately
    after recvd an sms.

actually i don't think it's Arto's rom either. having
    same problem with stock rom too. maybe i have a phone
    with bad hardware.. ?

does the file system type matter, on the computer which i used to flash the rom ?
    currently i used ntfs.

To fix "wake up issue" try to disable automatic regulation of illumination :D
    it worked for me..
    Yes i ran it asadministrator too on my win 7 computer;

and i tryied on my win xp pc with the same result:

"unable to load DLL rapi.dll"

thx

anibody knows what to do?

Yes you need to install the Mobile Device Drivers for Windows 7. Not the ActiveSync, that is not compatible with the Windows 7.
    28244 BETA
    Arto's Sense rom 4.0 beta wwe (2019, 28244)

The download link is not work!:confused:

Pls help!

I didn't renew the acers200.net domain, as it didn't appear that there are many people actively using custom ROMs for this device anymore (or even using this device at all).

However, arto's files are still available, and I've mapped them to a different domain; you can access them at http://www.almostunreal.org/arto/Arto's Sense rom 4.0 beta wwe (2019, 28244).rar