Question Custom rom for A52s

Search This thread

TMHAKIM

Jun 1, 2020
OnePlus Nord
This is actually not screenshots of a working TWRP as it could be a picture you got from anywhere for any other device sepcially when there is no screenshot function from TWRP... ^^

There is also no number version including no version of the Android you've been using specially when using the Team Win Recovery Project.

So do a backup of your full system, and take pictures at different steps of the process with the naming convention of the nand backup. ;)

I'd typically be the first one to test it, but this time I'll wait till someone else do install and use it... ^^
What! You can take screenshots in any version of TWRP by pressing the power+vol down buttons similarly how you take one in android OS. well i don't know why you cant see the version number even i can't see it maybe i might have removed it in building the TWRP by mistake. Yes i will take a backup ;). No worries you can try it or let others try it out ;)

TMHAKIM

Jun 1, 2020
OnePlus Nord
My bad and I do accept your explanation about TWRP screenshots.

But you mean you didn't fully test your own TWRP before posting it to others as when you forgot to remove your phone number, your serial number and your real surname Rachida ??? ^^ lol ;)
Ah please don't remind me again and i will test everything in the TWRP okay ;) :D

TMHAKIM

Jun 1, 2020
OnePlus Nord
Making a video of the whole process would be very nice but I think it's a too big "job"...

Just some good screenshots at relevant steps of the backup and restore processes : naming convention of the nandbackup before the backup and restore processes would be enough.

From there we should have enough and relevant information...

One important step and test is to restock the phone (so the TWRP backup should be done on the SDCard)
Reinstall the TRWP, then a other screenshot just before the restore process to see if we have the same naming convention then check if nothing has been lost and if the system isn't corrupted...

If all theses steps are met, I will accept to test this TWRP myself... ^^ ;)
Yeah right😊

TMHAKIM

Jun 1, 2020
OnePlus Nord
Okay, okay, I just meant you shouldn't release anything in a hurry/rush before you tested everything yourself, specially with a so dangerous tool like this !!!

Myself I spent many days testing rooting and tested it in different ways before releasing the guide and the root app.
I was also planing to release a guide to upgrade a rooted firmware without losing data at the time of Android 11, then I rejected it when I discovered it was not compatible anymore with Android 12...

You may not have a legal obligation nor legal responsability but you still have a moral obligation/responsibility to others if your tool is bricking or corrupting others phone... ^^
Yes i will test all functions of the TWRP and give Information ;)

Reactions: mordydd91

testestestest

Sep 10, 2018
Ok, this sounds interesting and should be pinned in the forum for A52s
I've just unlocked the bootloader today and reinstalled the phone couple of times.. so I can try use this recovery too :)

The only bad thing is that not working 64mpix camera on the back with the bootloader unlocked :(

hudtwalcker

Jan 18, 2011
Lima
Question, so I've read that you can flash the Stock Android 11 or 12 firmware with Odin, is it possible or am I finding just spam pages/articles ??? And if it IS possible, will doing that remove the Carrier startup and shutdown splash screen and the carrier stock wallpaper and carrier bundled apps ???

testestestest

Sep 10, 2018
I tried @TMHAKIMs TWRP:

1. Flashed Original firmware A528BXXS1BVB1 with csc XEZ and then flashed the recovery
- After reboot I still got the standard Android recovery. I have no idea what happened, but it didn't work

2. Flashed Magisked firmware A528BXXS1BVB1 with csc XEZ and then flashed the recovery
- after reboot to recovery it just frozen on the "Samsung Galaxy Secured by Knox" screen. Probably trying to get to the recovery, but couldn't. Had to reflash.

I can safely say that the TWRP doesn't work with A528BXXS1BVB1 firmware.

Last edited:

TMHAKIM

Jun 1, 2020
OnePlus Nord
I tried @TMHAKIMs TWRP:

1. Flashed Original firmware A528BXXS1BVB1 with csc XEZ and then flashed the recovery
- After reboot I still got the standard Android recovery. I have no idea what happened, but it didn't work

2. Flashed Magisked firmware A528BXXS1BVB1 with csc XEZ and then flashed the recovery
- after reboot to recovery it just frozen on the "Samsung Galaxy Secured by Knox" screen. Probably trying to get to the recovery, but couldn't. Had to reflash.

I can safely say that the TWRP doesn't work with A528BXXS1BVB1 firmware.
Ok I will check on it as soon as possible sorry for the inconvenience

fuzz500

Aug 27, 2020
Greetings,
I have done some custom rom installs (lineage and AEX) on samsung a50 and some older phones, but I am fairly junior to understanding creating custom roms Just got an a52 and a second computer so I have the cpu cycles to compile... I don't understand whether or not all the information required to create a custom rom for a52 is known, or if some kind of reverse engineering on the phone is required? I anyone knows how to proceed, If anyone has a recipe for creating a custom rom... like Lineage... I would be a willing student to do the work. I have the time and cpu cycles to throw at it.
regards,
Fuzz

Hello, I tried to port twrp to this device, but I can't try out this custom recovery myself because my bootloader is not unlocked, I would lose all files if I unlocked it (unless someone know how can I backup app data files with ALLOW_BACKUP disabled), so maybe someone could try flashing this recovery and reporting if it worked?

Last edited:
I don't understand your problem since there are very many apps to backup up ypur apps and data such as Samsung Smartswitch, Samsung Cloud, Google Cloud and numerous of tiers backup apps.

The best when you create a solution is to test it yourself... Obviously...
Samsung smartswitch only backs up the list of apps that were installed, not the data. Even if the app data was backed up, some banking apps have backup function disabled like I mentioned, I tried unpacking the banking app, enabling backup function in mainfest.xml and reinstall it again but it still wouldn't work. If I reset my android, I would have to go to the bank to create a new Smart-ID account, without it I can't access my bank account.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread cleaned!

Greeting to all. As you can see, I have dropped in for a little "Bleaching." While we always appreciate robust discussion on XDA, when the conversation turns into a "He said She said" argumentative discussion on what Development is or isn't, with a few disrespectful comments thrown in for good measure, well then I'm afraid I have to end this party.

Please also note what my esteemed colleague posted just before this latest episode began! Yes, please help each other when you can, but please don't impugn another members knowledge
    whether or not you think they are right or wrong, if you can't do it with some form of constructive and polite criticism, in which case I would ask you to please don't post at all, and report rules violations rather than reply to them on the public forums.

Going forward, should another episode of this nature be reported, then I will have no hesitation in closing this thread if need be since the topic of the thread has went on the tracks some time ago. Your cooperation is appreciated and expected as per the Forum Rules concerning member conduct that you all agreed to abide by when you joined in the first place.

Regards, and a pleasant day to all: Badger50
    You forget that XDA "Developers" is made for "Developers", it's OK to post projects WIP as long as a disclaimer is posted and users are smart enough to read the disclaimer. Not everything needs to be working perfectly, it's completely fair to post your source and work in XDA even if it's not completed so that hopefully a more skilled developer can lend a hand with some of their experience and not be a complete a**** about it.

And no, I'm not only talking about you. There are some people that love pointing out how unexperienced you are and how you're very wrong about the work you did.

You made your guide to the general public and you made sure everything worked the way it's supposed to, and that's fine too, but don't expect everything posted in this site to be working flawless without any bugs, that's not what this site was created for.

We can all learn from each other and not turn this into an ego battle. We're supposed to encourage more people to learn, not discouraging them by telling them all they're doing is wrong.
    Well said...although I'd like to point out that we should use respectful and courteous language.

Remember that since XDA is a non profit site, all work shared is voluntary. We pride ourselves on being one of the largest and most comprehensive platforms for Android development. However, because the work is free, it's important to note that most developers are working for free, putting their own time and effort into something they get very little for. In this regard, we must also remember that developers owe absolutely nothing to anyone, regardless of whether they receive donations.

Do not ask for ETAs or bug fixes. Reporting issues is fine, but do not expect a developer to immediately address an issue. They will do so on their own time at their own prerogative.

The best thing you can do to support our developers is show gratitude and appreciation for their hard work, and if you're so inclined, donate to support their projects.
    well i made the TWRP from the recovery.img which @bobfrantic provided to me thanks man .i gonna upload it here. DO NOT BLAME ME FOR ANY HARM OR DAMAGE OF YOUR PHONE.THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL SOFTWARE. I WILL NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGING YOUR PHONE!!!!!!!!!! @Arobase40 @winsmith
    Use the ODIN Provided In the Google Drive to flash the TAR.MD5 file if anyone wants the IMG that is also included

If not working please quote me so i can make a fix :)

I am just saying the same thing as I said the first time I responded to you : Don't release anything before you tested it yourself and before you are sure your twrp is really working and you shouldn't considered others as your "guinea pig" !!!!

This is not a game or a challenge specially when you have no experience in building such a tool just as you admitted it yourself now !

Just before I published my tutorial on how to root the A52S 5G phone I spent many days in testing it in different ways : rooting it, restocking my phone and re-rooting again and again to be sure I was not doing mistakes.

Even after I was sure it was working I totally updated my tutorial taking into account feedback from users to clear up some parts of the tutorial that was not understood or because the Magisk version and some modules have changed.

I have myself the complete twrp tree to build a working twrp for A52 4G phone and the device tree for A52S 5G but I know there is still a lot of work before I can build a working twrp for our phone as I don't considered this as a competition to be "the first one" ... ^^
    I know I have to build this twrp from source code and not by swapping incompatible images as you did.

I also tested the no touch twrp but my phone was bootlooping into this custom recovery and thus I had to re-stock completely my phone and I lost some of my apps and data even though I did a full backup. So I also warned other users not to use it with clear explanation on the risk if they do install it even though some may be attempted to test it themself... ^^

I am a retired developer and sys-admin but that doesn't mean I know everything as building such a tool is also new to me, so I am taking my time to understand the whole logic as I don't want to mess up others' phone !
    You forget that XDA "Developers" is made for "Developers", it's OK to post projects WIP as long as a disclaimer is posted and users are smart enough to read the disclaimer. Not everything needs to be working perfectly, it's completely fair to post your source and work in XDA even if it's not completed so that hopefully a more skilled developer can lend a hand with some of their experience and not be a complete a**** about it.

And no, I'm not only talking about you. There are some people that love pointing out how unexperienced you are and how you're very wrong about the work you did.

You made your guide to the general public and you made sure everything worked the way it's supposed to, and that's fine too, but don't expect everything posted in this site to be working flawless without any bugs, that's not what this site was created for.

We can all learn from each other and not turn this into an ego battle. We're supposed to encourage more people to learn, not discouraging them by telling them all they're doing is wrong.
    yes just like the same our world it's only : sea , sky and earth

I need little to be satified