Question Custom rom for A52s

Search This thread

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
Ah please don't remind me again and i will test everything in the TWRP okay ;) :D

Okay, okay, I just meant you shouldn't release anything in a hurry/rush before you tested everything yourself, specially with a so dangerous tool like this !!!

Myself I spent many days testing rooting and tested it in different ways before releasing the guide and the root app.
I was also planing to release a guide to upgrade a rooted firmware without losing data at the time of Android 11, then I rejected it when I discovered it was not compatible anymore with Android 12...

You may not have a legal obligation nor legal responsability but you still have a moral obligation/responsibility to others if your tool is bricking or corrupting others phone... ^^

Reactions: muppetz

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
Make a video of the process, showing all working, the screenshot dont prove anything.

Making a video of the whole process would be very nice but I think it's a too big "job"...

Just some good screenshots at relevant steps of the backup and restore processes : naming convention of the nandbackup before the backup and restore processes would be enough.

From there we should have enough and relevant information...

One important step and test is to restock the phone (so the TWRP backup should be done on the SDCard)
Reinstall the TRWP, then a other screenshot just before the restore process to see if we have the same naming convention then check if nothing has been lost and if the system isn't corrupted...

If all theses steps are met, I will accept to test this TWRP myself... ^^ ;)

Reactions: mordydd91

TMHAKIM

Making a video of the whole process would be very nice but I think it's a too big "job"...

Just some good screenshots at relevant steps of the backup and restore processes : naming convention of the nandbackup before the backup and restore processes would be enough.

From there we should have enough and relevant information...

One important step and test is to restock the phone (so the TWRP backup should be done on the SDCard)
Reinstall the TRWP, then a other screenshot just before the restore process to see if we have the same naming convention then check if nothing has been lost and if the system isn't corrupted...

If all theses steps are met, I will accept to test this TWRP myself... ^^ ;)
Yeah right😊

TMHAKIM

Okay, okay, I just meant you shouldn't release anything in a hurry/rush before you tested everything yourself, specially with a so dangerous tool like this !!!

Myself I spent many days testing rooting and tested it in different ways before releasing the guide and the root app.
I was also planing to release a guide to upgrade a rooted firmware without losing data at the time of Android 11, then I rejected it when I discovered it was not compatible anymore with Android 12...

You may not have a legal obligation nor legal responsability but you still have a moral obligation/responsibility to others if your tool is bricking or corrupting others phone... ^^
Yes i will test all functions of the TWRP and give Information ;)

Reactions: mordydd91

testestestest

Sep 10, 2018
Ok, this sounds interesting and should be pinned in the forum for A52s
I've just unlocked the bootloader today and reinstalled the phone couple of times.. so I can try use this recovery too :)

The only bad thing is that not working 64mpix camera on the back with the bootloader unlocked :(

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
Ok, this sounds interesting and should be pinned in the forum for A52s
I've just unlocked the bootloader today and reinstalled the phone couple of times.. so I can try use this recovery too :)

The only bad thing is that not working 64mpix camera on the back with the bootloader unlocked :(

The link to the TWRP is available in posts #46 and #52 and if @TMHAKIM hasn't reported since Feb 16, 2022 I guess his TWRP doesn't work ! ^^

But you can try by yourself and report if you wish... ;)

hudtwalcker

Jan 18, 2011
Lima
Question, so I've read that you can flash the Stock Android 11 or 12 firmware with Odin, is it possible or am I finding just spam pages/articles ??? And if it IS possible, will doing that remove the Carrier startup and shutdown splash screen and the carrier stock wallpaper and carrier bundled apps ???

testestestest

Sep 10, 2018
I tried @TMHAKIMs TWRP:

1. Flashed Original firmware A528BXXS1BVB1 with csc XEZ and then flashed the recovery
- After reboot I still got the standard Android recovery. I have no idea what happened, but it didn't work

2. Flashed Magisked firmware A528BXXS1BVB1 with csc XEZ and then flashed the recovery
- after reboot to recovery it just frozen on the "Samsung Galaxy Secured by Knox" screen. Probably trying to get to the recovery, but couldn't. Had to reflash.

I can safely say that the TWRP doesn't work with A528BXXS1BVB1 firmware.

Last edited:

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
I tried @TMHAKIMs TWRP - after reboot to recovery it just frozen on the "Samsung Galaxy Secured by Knox" screen. Probably trying to get to the recovery, but couldnt. Need to reflash.

I am using the A528BXXS1BVB1 with csc XEZ.

I will try to reflash Original Magisked firmware and try again.

TWRP has nothing to do with Patched firmware or stock samsung firmware !

He/she just failed in building his TWRP as he/she believed it was so easy to build a working one in a snap... lol

TMHAKIM

I tried @TMHAKIMs TWRP:

1. Flashed Original firmware A528BXXS1BVB1 with csc XEZ and then flashed the recovery
- After reboot I still got the standard Android recovery. I have no idea what happened, but it didn't work

2. Flashed Magisked firmware A528BXXS1BVB1 with csc XEZ and then flashed the recovery
- after reboot to recovery it just frozen on the "Samsung Galaxy Secured by Knox" screen. Probably trying to get to the recovery, but couldn't. Had to reflash.

I can safely say that the TWRP doesn't work with A528BXXS1BVB1 firmware.
Ok I will check on it as soon as possible sorry for the inconvenience

fuzz500

Aug 27, 2020
Greetings,
I have done some custom rom installs (lineage and AEX) on samsung a50 and some older phones, but I am fairly junior to understanding creating custom roms Just got an a52 and a second computer so I have the cpu cycles to compile... I don't understand whether or not all the information required to create a custom rom for a52 is known, or if some kind of reverse engineering on the phone is required? I anyone knows how to proceed, If anyone has a recipe for creating a custom rom... like Lineage... I would be a willing student to do the work. I have the time and cpu cycles to throw at it.
regards,
Fuzz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well i made the TWRP from the recovery.img which @bobfrantic provided to me thanks man .i gonna upload it here. DO NOT BLAME ME FOR ANY HARM OR DAMAGE OF YOUR PHONE.THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL SOFTWARE. I WILL NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGING YOUR PHONE!!!!!!!!!! @Arobase40 @winsmith
    Use the ODIN Provided In the Google Drive to flash the TAR.MD5 file if anyone wants the IMG that is also included

If not working please quote me so i can make a fix :)

no dependancies twrp to custom rom (one can be created without other and vice versa) , indeed are several recovery (lineage,pitch black, orage fox) for custom rom , theoretically could be installed by odin. telephone is not so new (august 2021), has chipset 778 (febraury 2021) . Samsung UI , it's heavy and with some bugs or limitataion (randomly camera not working with bl unlocked, call reacording not enabled if you dont' flash uae rom). You explain so many , many works that custom rom can resolve with snap. That's why good Custom rom always better than other 10000 tiny, boring and time spendig jobs

I don't know your real english level but you didn't follow all the discussions at all as this is exactly what I said there is no dependencies between TWRP and custom ROM !!! SIC

But you need to build TWRP with the source code from the Galaxy A52S 5G specifically as TWRP for the A52 5G won't work on our device !!! I also tried different TWRP from other brands/models with the same SOC but again they do NOT work !
    Then you are confusing between so many things which are not related with TWRP or custom rom such as "camera not working with bl unlocked", call recording and so on...

Many bla bla bla, but what can you do for the community ??? ^^ SIC

Are you able to build a TWRP for the A52S 5G or can you build a custom rom for the same device ???

So STOP TALKING (and criticizing) and DO SOMETHING if you can !!!
    Will you install your TWRP on your own phone and will you post screenshots of your working TWRP ??? lol
    Here's your screenshot
    This has been fix with my tutorial and @beanbean50 confirms he rooted his Galaxy Fold 3 with his camera working. ;)

I have seen this term many times but still don't understand the meaning of GSI... ^^
    GSI means Generic System Image. These kind of ROMs work on any device running android 8.0 or higher and support A-Only or A/B partitions.

Advantages
    Faster Updates
    No TWRP Needed (Only Fastboot Needed or Odin in Samsung Phones)

Disadvantages
    Only 95% of the gsi may work
    There might be a lot of bugs and issues
    united emirates rom. the only one so far with native call recording .

here codes
    i live there lol