Jan 20, 2007
Belgorod
Custom ROM for Alcatel Idol 4S (6071W/6077X)​

The build of the OS:

• 10.0.15254.603 (FCU)
Firmware version:

• 1052.16.09031.50700 (6071W)
  • 1052.16.10011.51400 (6077X)
All 68 Languages Interface and 102 Languages Keyboard Input.
Phone is unlocked.
Root enabled.
Added BDS Menu (PWR&VOL+).
Added Windows Phone Boot Menu (PWR).
Added ADC-files from IDOL4S PRO (6077X).
Added packages acer.Service.AcerSystemService, Nokia.Executable_OEMServiceHost.Generic, Nokia.Service_NdtkSvc.Generic.
Added packages MS_TSHELL.MSN.MainOS (bcdedit, cmd, reg and other).
Added packages Microsoft.MS_WEH_LEDALERT.MainOS.
Added packages Microsoft.Graphics.DXTools, Microsoft.Phone.Test.BaseOS.TraceLog, Microsoft.Tools.AppVerifExt, Microsoft.Tools.DevToolSupport, Microsoft.Tools.HITMemTools, Microsoft.Tools.PerfMonExt.
Added Enterprise and other ppkg.
Added App and Dependencies (Framework).
Some other tweaks and other minor changes.

Instruction:​

1. Install Qualcomm drivers on your PC.
  2. Install QFIL (QPST) on your PC.
  3. Install custom ROM on your device in the mode 9008/EDL using QFIL (QPST).
    • Select Port - Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008,
    • Select Build Type - Flat Build,
    • Select Programmer - Idol4S_PRO_WIN_NPRG7627.bin,
    • Select Flat Build - Folder with files from archive Custom ROM,
    • Load XML - rawprogram0.xml,
    • Press Download,
    • Download Succeed,
    • Finish Download.
  4. Press the power button and turn on the device.
  5. Wait for the update process.
Download:

Attachments

• Screenshots.zip
    162 bytes · Views: 1,431
Last edited:
Reactions: KasiKross and nate0

nate0

Mar 27, 2015
Thanks for sharing this. I currently use T-Mobile in the US. Have you tested the ROM with the T-Mobile carrier and do the added ADC files affect anything while using T-Mobile (VoLTE, HD Voice, etc)?

I have partially been following another forum that was working to boot loader unlock the Idol 4s for Windows 10 mobile. I don't think this ROM was a result of that, but do you know of any other news?

nate0

Mar 27, 2015
You can mention that there is a provxml file to install Yandex.Search.appxbundle in the IDOL4S_6071W_F1052.16.09031.50700_Open_RTM_10.0.15 254.490_Custom ROM. It is not in the T-Mobile ROM though.

This is a useful scenario too for some of us who might want to Edit the registry on the IDOL 4s outside of the current changes in these ROMs. Mount the bin file save the edits and flash the changes. Do you know if making changes such as reg edits would require an altered or updated rawprogram0.xml? Thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

No, I have not tested it. I have IDOL4S Open from Microsoft.
Ok. I can test it later and if issues occur I could possibly change out those ADC files for the T-Mobile files.

kovalDN

Jan 20, 2007
Belgorod
You can mention that there is a provxml file to install Yandex.Search.appxbundle in the IDOL4S_6071W_F1052.16.09031.50700_Open_RTM_10.0.15 254.490_Custom ROM. It is not in the T-Mobile ROM though.
The following My Account T-Mobile USA, Hulu Plus, Uber, Captain Fellcraft VR, and Zombie VR apps have been removed in ROM. Left other VR-applications, but with the possibility of removal. Added app Yandex.Search.
This is a useful scenario too for some of us who might want to Edit the registry on the IDOL 4s outside of the current changes in these ROMs. Mount the bin file save the edits and flash the changes. Do you know if making changes such as reg edits would require an altered or updated rawprogram0.xml? Thanks.
I don't know what you're trying to say. The layout of the sections does not change, the size of the sections does not change. Why should change rawprogram0.xml. Data in rawprogram0.xml is taken from GPT, these are rawprogram0.xml is best for this ROM.
Ok. I can test it later and if issues occur I could possibly change out those ADC files for the T-Mobile files.
Replacement ADC only in ROM F1052.16.09031.50700_Open_RTM. ROM F1050.14.08011.53400_TMOUS_Retail is initial, this replacement was not made.

nate0

Mar 27, 2015
The following My Account T-Mobile USA, Hulu Plus, Uber, Captain Fellcraft VR, and Zombie VR apps have been removed in ROM. Left other VR-applications, but with the possibility of removal. Added app Yandex.Search.
Ok Thanks.

I don't know what you're trying to say. The layout of the sections does not change, the size of the sections does not change. Why should change rawprogram0.xml. Data in rawprogram0.xml is taken from GPT, these are rawprogram0.xml is best for this ROM.
Sorry my fault. It has been a while since working with qc loaders and program xml files. For some reason I was thinking rawprogram0.xml contained the space used by the partitions not the whole partition size.

Replacement ADC only in ROM F1052.16.09031.50700_Open_RTM. ROM F1050.14.08011.53400_TMOUS_Retail is initial, this replacement was not made.
Thanks.

nate0

Mar 27, 2015
@kovalDN
I am having an issue on the custom ROMs being able to sign in with my Microsoft account while setting up the phone. It either locks up/freezes the set up process, or fails. I think it fails while checking account info and it never pulls the backups to restore. Ultimately the account will be signed in but can only move forward after skipping the step entirely to be able to set up the rest of the phone.

Is this just me or have you noticed an issue?

kovalDN

Jan 20, 2007
Belgorod
@kovalDN
I am having an issue on the custom ROMs being able to sign in with my Microsoft account while setting up the phone. It either locks up/freezes the set up process, or fails. I think it fails while checking account info and it never pulls the backups to restore. Ultimately the account will be signed in but can only move forward after skipping the step entirely to be able to set up the rest of the phone.

Is this just me or have you noticed an issue?
It's not a bug, but a feature:) Only in custom ROM F1050.14.08011.53400_TMOUS_Retail. Associated with reset protection packets. They are in this firmware test. So it will be with the official ROM F1050.14.08011.53400_TMOUS_Retail, if you update it above 15063.2.

nate0

Mar 27, 2015
It's not a bug, but a feature:) Only in custom ROM F1050.14.08011.53400_TMOUS_Retail. Associated with reset protection packets. They are in this firmware test. So it will be with the official ROM F1050.14.08011.53400_TMOUS_Retail, if you update it above 15063.2.
What is being tested exactly?
I need to be able to restore a backup on the IDOL 4s. If I can't then certain apps don't function at all.

kovalDN

Jan 20, 2007
Belgorod
What is being tested exactly?
Ask the Alcatel.
I need to be able to restore a backup on the IDOL 4s. If I can't then certain apps don't function at all.
So it will be with the official ROM F1050.14.08011.53400_TMOUS_Retail, if you update it above 15063.2.

On the versions above 15063.2 reset protection is activated automatically by logging into your account, with no choice of disabling it. And in this firmware of packets of protection against reset in MainOS is not present.

Last edited:

nate0

Mar 27, 2015
Ask the Alcatel.

On the versions above 15063.2 reset protection is activated automatically by logging into your account, with no choice of disabling it. And in this firmware of packets of protection against reset in MainOS is not present.
Got it understood.

I am curious why are you using this older TMO firmware?

nate0

Mar 27, 2015
I'm not using it I use F1052.16.09031.50700_Open_RTM.

I'm sorry I did not word that so you understood. I meant why is your custom ROM set as an older firmware? The fw revision of the T-Mobile firmware is older than the official production one on most phones. I am assuming you used this version to customize a ROM for some reason.

kovalDN

Jan 20, 2007
Belgorod
I meant why is your custom ROM set as an older firmware? The fw revision of the T-Mobile firmware is older than the official production one on most phones. I am assuming you used this version to customize a ROM for some reason.
In the last official ROMs is there a BDS Menu and Mass Storage mode? The question is rhetorical:)

nate0

Mar 27, 2015
In the last official ROMs is there a BDS Menu and Mass Storage mode? The question is rhetorical:)
Well yes of course! One would have their work cut out for them if they did not have to manually build those items into a ROM on their own. Was hoping maybe you had plans to incorporate those items into an updated or different firmware if possible. One that would allow restoring of a backup, and had reset protections bugs fixed :D. No worries about that though, was only wishful thinking.

kovalDN

Jan 20, 2007
Belgorod
Well yes of course! One would have their work cut out for them if they did not have to manually build those items into a ROM on their own. Was hoping maybe you had plans to incorporate those items into an updated or different firmware if possible. One that would allow restoring of a backup, and had reset protections bugs fixed :D. No worries about that though, was only wishful thinking.
This is already included in the custom ROM IDOL4S_6071W_F1052.16.09031.50700_Open_RTM_10.0.15254.490.

nate0

Mar 27, 2015
This is already included in the custom ROM IDOL4S_6071W_F1052.16.09031.50700_Open_RTM_10.0.15254.490.
Ok I will try it out again. I thought I tried to restore a backup on Both ROMs and failed to with the same bug.
For some reason on the Open market Custom ROM the ndtk packages are not active after flashed or not working. Maybe it is just me but I can't edit the registry, enable Interop services or full file system access from Interop Tools until I send the packages again even though they are there. Plus I have to make other changes to it as well for T-mobile nvi settings.

kovalDN

Jan 20, 2007
Belgorod
I thought I tried to restore a backup on Both ROMs and failed to with the same bug.
The Open market Custom ROM should not have this error with backup recovery.
For some reason on the Open market Custom ROM the ndtk packages are not active after flashed or not working. Maybe it is just me but I can't edit the registry, enable Interop services or full file system access from Interop Tools until I send the packages again even though they are there.
Again download a Open market Custom ROM, 16.07.2018 it was updated, this error was eliminated.

tarzan_nojane

Dec 20, 2011
Long Beach
New Issues on Idol 4S using custom ROM

Installed TMOUS version of this custom ROM (Thank you OP for your efforts!) on August 8 and was delighted to uninstall the remaining VR apps. As nate0 posted earlier, I couldn't sign in during the initial setup, and was not able to restore earlier backups as expected. Phone is TMOUS retail locked (so far - longtime TMO customer awaiting billing cycles on this phone for unlock code).

Since then M$ has updated the OS build to 10.0.15254.527. Things keep breaking faster than I can keep track of - and not sure which are a function of 1) the custom ROM, 2) the Idol 4S, or 3) Microsoft desire to chase us away. New issues include:

• Amazon - crashes at launch
  • Microsoft Wallet (v. 2.3.17311.0) - allowed me to scan 1 loyalty card successfully, then refuses to recognize/scan codes,
    "CameraAccessDenied" error message
  • Flashlight (v. 4.0.0.0 Sakariya) - no longer can turn led on/off (Flashlight XT still works fine)
  • People (v. 10.2.2001.1000) - live tile stopped working after about a week, can't get it to work at all anymore
  • Translator (v. 4.8.7.0) - live tile works for about 1 day, then remove, disable/enable to restore function for another day
  • Microsoft Store - (v. 11807.1001.13.0) - live tile works for about 1 day, then same as Translator
    My Library this morning shows about 1/3 of my apps that were listed last week ???

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Custom ROM for Alcatel Idol 4S (6071W/6077X)​

The build of the OS:

• 10.0.15254.603 (FCU)
    Firmware version:

• 1052.16.09031.50700 (6071W)
    • 1052.16.10011.51400 (6077X)
    All 68 Languages Interface and 102 Languages Keyboard Input.
    Phone is unlocked.
    Root enabled.
    Added BDS Menu (PWR&VOL+).
    Added Windows Phone Boot Menu (PWR).
    Added ADC-files from IDOL4S PRO (6077X).
    Added packages acer.Service.AcerSystemService, Nokia.Executable_OEMServiceHost.Generic, Nokia.Service_NdtkSvc.Generic.
    Added packages MS_TSHELL.MSN.MainOS (bcdedit, cmd, reg and other).
    Added packages Microsoft.MS_WEH_LEDALERT.MainOS.
    Added packages Microsoft.Graphics.DXTools, Microsoft.Phone.Test.BaseOS.TraceLog, Microsoft.Tools.AppVerifExt, Microsoft.Tools.DevToolSupport, Microsoft.Tools.HITMemTools, Microsoft.Tools.PerfMonExt.
    Added Enterprise and other ppkg.
    Added App and Dependencies (Framework).
    Some other tweaks and other minor changes.

Instruction:​

1. Install Qualcomm drivers on your PC.
    2. Install QFIL (QPST) on your PC.
    3. Install custom ROM on your device in the mode 9008/EDL using QFIL (QPST).
      • Select Port - Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008,
      • Select Build Type - Flat Build,
      • Select Programmer - Idol4S_PRO_WIN_NPRG7627.bin,
      • Select Flat Build - Folder with files from archive Custom ROM,
      • Load XML - rawprogram0.xml,
      • Press Download,
      • Download Succeed,
      • Finish Download.
    4. Press the power button and turn on the device.
    5. Wait for the update process.
    Download: