• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Custom Rom] [K-Rom V.3.3 Huawei / Honor (Prague) PRA-2017 Family-Android 7.0, EMUI 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
V

veromax

[Custom Rom] [K-Rom V.3.3 Huawei / Honor (Prague) PRA-2017 Family
- Android 7.0, EMUI 5.0 -

P8 Lite 2017 - PRA-LX1, LX2, LX3, LA-1
P9 Lite 2017
Nova Lite
Honor 8 Youth

Based on Huawei firmware
C432B170 and Kangvip B357,
(Rebuild Honor 6x)

My rom was developed and tested on this device:
Huawei P8 lite 2017 (Prague)
Model Number: PRA-LX1
EMUI 5 build number: PRA-LX1C432B170
Ota updated
free device without branding, with root and
TWRP Recovery 3.1.1

mods:
- call recorder
- KangVip advanced settings
- startup management in phone manager
Prepared for:
- Viper 4 Android FX 2.5
-Xposed settings

Xposed is submitted after it works perfectly.
(You can already experiment.)
For Viper, please flash the attached zip.

Make a backup with the Huawei backup app,
or TITANIUM.

The Rom is installed so as if you wanted to restore a TWRP backup.
Before the rom installation, please TWRP system partition backup for emergencies create !!

Requirements:

- TWRP recovery

Installation-
Quick start Guide:

You're familiar with the matter, the TWRP recovery 3.1.1 have been installed and a
Backup created on the EXTSD (without data partition).
This backup must be deleted after successful rom installation.

Download:

The download is compressed.
There are five rar files in the download folder. Please do not download as "zip". When extracting the first archive, the others are automatically unpacked. This results the TWRP backup folder: 2017-08-20-PRA-B170-K-ROM-V3.3.
Please copy to EXTSD in the TWRP backup folder.

Installation:

• stock recovery flash by adb
  • factoryreset in stock recovery
  • TWRP flash by adb
  • wipe data and system in TWRP
  • restoring the K-Rom
  • reboot
  • flash Viper in TWRP
  • reboot
  • ** finished **

If the instructions are not exactly executed, a brick is guaranteed!
Do not root this rom with Magisk !

The rom is partly debloated. Some Google apps and Huawei have been removed.
You can be installed from you if necessary. This can also work well with Playstore or the
HiApp do. In the kangvip advanced settings use not the addblocker and "hide
enable navbar. "Both works only on China roms.
It can happen that root gets lost. Then please root with SuperSu from the attachement.

...... and remember: A custom rom is never so perfect, like a stock rom.
Him you have ever teach something in between.

I wish you success!

This rom is original Huawei firmware. It was modified by kangvip and me. The kernel are 100% stock. If you like this work you could give a donation to kangvip.
https://www.paypal.me/KangVIP
Please not for me, because I don't take money for it. I created this TWRP backup rom for my use. I love it when these things work. And it does. Now I'll share it with you.​

Special thanks to:

[HRT team KangVIP]
and @Tecalote,[/MENTION], ​Chainfire, Stephen (Stericson) + Jmz Software, Team Win RecoveryProject, JRummy and Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd 华为技术有限公司
Greetings to China Mobile Com 中国移动通信 和所有中国用户。

Note:
The Data partition will mountable in TWRP, but will not reliably backed up or restored.
Therefore, never erase the internal memory and the data partition, or perform a factory reset. It has been my experience that other partition backups are never recovered as they
were created. A perfect restoring is not possible. Possible please do not use TWRP in future backup and restoring operations. Apply a factory reset only in the stock recovery.
If one in the stock recovery a factoryreset makes and then immediately afterwards in TWRP a DATA WIPE, one can use TWRP fully. But only one or two times. Then everything is the same.
Which one can however prevent a regular backup by Huawei backup.

Despite careful preparation I can not guarantee that through the implementation of this Guidance does not create damage to the device or operating system, and therefore assume no liability for ensuing damage and malfunction of hardware and software! If you are still unsure, follow these steps: Only perform the procedure if any mentioned conditions (model number, Android version, etc.) apply to you or your device. Read the instructions carefully and completely up unfamiliar terms. Check downloaded files for viruses. A backup of important settings and data make. The instructions do not perform, if you do not know what you're doing.

These warnings must be, that is logical. In the end, I have experienced this: For testing, I have seven times a complete backup and can also restore. TWRP worked wonderfully now. When I then restored an older backup, the old error came back. My execution, as in the tutorial, so that TWRP works correctly: Before the restoring always first in the stock recovery make a factoryreset. Then also in TWRP and there data wipe. Then restore the backup. All goes well. So that's easier, I have TWRP on the eRecovery partition (recovery2) and the stock recovery is where it belongs. All older backups I have deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

veromax

]Thread Update 17.08.17

I have removed the rom download because of an error. The Android system consumes four times so much battery than normal. After Troubleshooting update I then the system.

theholycutu

Jul 6, 2017
I don't mean to rush you or anything, but I was just curious as to when do you think the updated rom will be uploaded? :D

V

veromax

The K-Rom V.3.2 is ready and is now extensively tested. If everything goes well it comes Sunday night online. This Rom is however a complete firmware with all partitions, also data.

Attachments

• IMG_20170818_220520.png
    IMG_20170818_220520.png
    182 KB · Views: 1,233
  • IMG_20170818_220615.png
    IMG_20170818_220615.png
    151.8 KB · Views: 1,219
V

veromax

Hi @ChinHon

I just wanted to really thank you for all your hard work in making everything available to us PRA-2017 Family owners.

You are really helping our Huawei community here at XDA and I personally can't wait to get this ROM on my phone.

Much appreciated!

Thank you for your praise. @droidbits That pleases me very much. I brought the last rom online too fast. That's why I leave more time with the test, so I do not have to repair. We all use it more.

droidbits

Mar 14, 2013
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
No rush mate...please take your time.
We will all be thankful whenever any of your releases are available.

I still have to unlock my bootloader, TWRP and root my two month old P9 Lite 2017 anyway.
Not much time lately for anything on this side of the world lol...

Reactions: theholycutu

boofman

Oct 31, 2010
Yes. Data and system are deleted / overwritten. You can make a backup, apps with settings, by huawei backup or Titanium.

Nice! Looking forward to it!

It looks to me like the TWRP backup and restore for /data works correctly this time. Which TWRP version did you use?

Also, please post changelog! :)

TIA

V

veromax

Nice! Looking forward to it!

It looks to me like the TWRP backup and restore for /data works correctly this time. Which TWRP version did you use?

Also, please post changelog! :)

TIA

I still use the 311 from my threads. If one in the stock recovery a factoryreset makes and then immediately afterwards in TWRP a DATA WIPE, one can use TWRP fully. But only one or two times. Then everything is the same.

V

veromax

Some small info:

Attachments

• IMG_20170818_220520.png
    IMG_20170818_220520.png
    182 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_20170818_220615.png
    IMG_20170818_220615.png
    151.8 KB · Views: 368
  • Screenshot_20170819-122835.jpg
    Screenshot_20170819-122835.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 353
  • Screenshot_20170818-211501.png
    Screenshot_20170818-211501.png
    222.8 KB · Views: 343

theholycutu

Jul 6, 2017
The new rom is finished, looks in # 1!
:cool:

The ROM looks great, but I wanted to ask you if you could tell me the size of the System partition, so I know if I can restore it :D

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

The ROM looks great, but I wanted to ask you if you could tell me the size of the System partition, so I know if I can restore it :D

Nevermind, I tried and it works! :D
Thank you so much for your work, man! It's honestly amazing!

V

veromax

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Nevermind, I tried and it works! :D
Thank you so much for your work, man! It's honestly amazing!

Thank you!
I just wanted to answer you.
Well, has done.
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi @ChinHon

I just wanted to really thank you for all your hard work in making everything available to us PRA-2017 Family owners.

You are really helping our Huawei community here at XDA and I personally can't wait to get this ROM on my phone.

Much appreciated!
    Thank you for the work, looking forward for the update
    No rush mate...please take your time.
    We will all be thankful whenever any of your releases are available.

I still have to unlock my bootloader, TWRP and root my two month old P9 Lite 2017 anyway.
    Not much time lately for anything on this side of the world lol...
    Any opinions about this rom? Is it better than the official? Everything working as it should or any bugs? Thanks!

Enviado desde mi PRA-LX1 mediante Tapatalk
    Thank you! Merci! Vielen Dank dear ChinHon!

I was completely blocked with a bad root/unlock of my P8 Lite 2017 (PRA-LX1C432B170).

Unlocked was OK, but impossible to root.
    Impossible to go to developer options or uninstall a program.

So i've followed exactly your installation instructions and ALL IS OK NOW!

My phone is running 100% since 3 days.

Thank you again for your great help and share!

:good::good::good: