• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Custom rom / kernel

Search This thread

dzesiu2002

Jan 18, 2016
Hey xda community, i have a question for developers, we can expect soon custom roms or kernels for Realme GT 5G ?

Techguy777

Unfortunately no reply from realme for the kernel code. I dont have my hands on the device yet but dont think it will take a long time for a custom ROM
That's for sure they release source codes almost 8 months or longer after the device is out. I think I'll have to pass on this device. It's unfortunate because it would have been nice.

Shaky156

Aug 19, 2012
Redmi K20 Pro
Realme GT
That's for sure they release source codes almost 8 months or longer after the device is out. I think I'll have to pass on this device. It's unfortunate because it would have been nice.

What's probably more important is that theres a safe way for us to unlock the bootloader, we can get custom twrp and rom on this without issues, I can develop this but don't plan to maintain this, so hoping there are some maintainers in this device forum. Custom kernel wont bring a large change compared to custom ROM.

Techguy777

What's probably more important is that theres a safe way for us to unlock the bootloader, we can get custom twrp and rom on this without issues, I can develop this but don't plan to maintain this, so hoping there are some maintainers in this device forum. Custom kernel wont bring a large change compared to custom ROM.
I thought there was a way to unlock the bootloader?

kavee.gauravjoshi

Nov 21, 2016
Pune, Maharashtra
Realme GT

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-10-14-10-24-07-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-14-10-24-07-22.jpg
    556.1 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: er.davinder

kavee.gauravjoshi

Nov 21, 2016
Pune, Maharashtra
Realme GT
Thats mean we will have roms and kernels ?
As far as i have learnt, for custom ROMs, we would need an ability to unlock the bootloader along with kernel sources. And it is possible to unlock the bootloader for Chinese veriant only. Not sure about Global, but Indian veriant can't be unlocked. So as pf now, custom ROM scenario looks a bit bleak

er.davinder

Jun 14, 2011
Looking for GPS location
LeEco Le 2
As far as i have learnt, for custom ROMs, we would need an ability to unlock the bootloader along with kernel sources. And it is possible to unlock the bootloader for Chinese veriant only. Not sure about Global, but Indian veriant can't be unlocked. So as pf now, custom ROM scenario looks a bit bleak
have you tried it on India version? Is it worth too buy this phone? Do you know any other phone with 5G ,headphone jack and custom rom?

Top Liked Posts