Custom Rom Lenovo S6000

Search This thread

ruud

May 20, 2005
Damn, all russian. I think i'll pass. I think about selling my device and buy something else. Thanks for all answers and help.

Why?
The tablet is good, fast and no fc, get root and you can do anything you want:)

Sent from my SM-N910S using XDA Free mobile app

Krusher33

Apr 3, 2015
Has anyone found anything yet? I have rooted my tablet with framaroot but I can't find much to customize.

At first I had thought I'd find a way to have silverlight for one of my classes but apparently it's no go. Moonlight apparently has been abandoned.

Then I am jealous of my kids' Lollipop on their nexus 7. All I can find is that fake lollipop-rom site and others that are similar to it.

Now I'm just looking for ways to debloat it at least to improve gaming experience on it. Which is only part of the reason why I wanted Lollipop (performance improvements) but I also like the new UI's.

Reactions: Joeoliva

Ironmantony

Nov 5, 2015
Custom rom

Hey guys have any idea how to flash nexus 9 rom on lenovo s6000/yoga 2. Please tell I don't want to remain with previous version of android. Waiting for reply

byteshare

Dec 9, 2015
This page cites some XDA topic that I can't find:
galaxy-lollipop.org/upgradeupdate-lenovo-ideatab-s6000-to-5-0-lollipop
couldn't post it as a link but you should be able to find it if you search for: Upgrade/Update Lenovo IdeaTab S6000 to 5.0 Lollipop
Any ideas?

If you try to download the files (in total about 1 GB) you have to take survey's to get to them...I couldn't make it through that process, nor did I really want to, but it didn't ever send me a text to my phone.

I

ionioni

This page cites some XDA topic that I can't find:
galaxy-lollipop.org/upgradeupdate-lenovo-ideatab-s6000-to-5-0-lollipop
couldn't post it as a link but you should be able to find it if you search for: Upgrade/Update Lenovo IdeaTab S6000 to 5.0 Lollipop
Any ideas?

If you try to download the files (in total about 1 GB) you have to take survey's to get to them...I couldn't make it through that process, nor did I really want to, but it didn't ever send me a text to my phone.

really now... you should be able to make the difference between a legit website and a spam (like the one you linked) one
lenovo update matrix https://support.lenovo.com/ro/ro/documents/ht101396

byteshare

Dec 9, 2015
well, if it's of any comfort when i got my hands on my tab that was one of the first sites i poked into (before even xda)

I can't link to it but Lenovo updated the S5000 to Android 5.0, so I figured it could be real. The only difference (that I know of) between the S5000 and S6000 is screen size.

I

ionioni

you should check the upgrade matrix i linked in the prev post
no lollipop in there (even for S5000) and about the sites yes, i can make a search for "S5000 Lollipop " but only spam sites as results

I

ionioni

Ah, you're right, but at least there is a 4.4 for the S5000.

lenovo doesn't care too much about the existing clients, whenever he has problems with a model he just launches another one and discontinues the problematic one.
a new one which of course will just add up new problems to the existing ones :)

byteshare

Dec 9, 2015
lenovo doesn't care too much about the existing clients, whenever he has problems with a model he just launches another one and discontinues the problematic one.
a new one which of course will just add up new problems to the existing ones :)
That wasn't my point, if there is 4.4 for S5000 and S6000 is supposed to be the same minus the screen size, then it should be "easy" to port the S5000 4.4 to the S6000, no? I don't know a lot about this stuff. More of a PC person.

I

ionioni

That wasn't my point, if there is 4.4 for S5000 and S6000 is supposed to be the same minus the screen size, then it should be "easy" to port the S5000 4.4 to the S6000, no? I don't know a lot about this stuff. More of a PC person.

well, you started with 5.0 now you say 4.4 maybe if we wait a little more we should be able to get the point?
if you have it just try to flash S5000 4.4 rom and see if it works

byteshare

Dec 9, 2015
well, you started with 5.0 now you say 4.4 maybe if we wait a little more we should be able to get the point?
if you have it just try to flash S5000 4.4 rom and see if it works
The point was that there is an update for the S5000 and not the S6000. I don't have the ROM. It was an over the air update. I had just confused the S5000 4.4 update with S5000 5.0 because of the article I originally was linking too, sorry for that confusion.

antigooner

Feb 11, 2016
Darlington UK
Lenovo S6000 rom

Clearly Lenovo are not going to update without some pressure. If everyone tweets their dissatisfaction on their twitter account. It may shame them into taking action!
Their twitter acount for UK is: @lenovo_UKI
Lets make it happen!

RBS01

May 6, 2016
Agree, dunno wth won't update 6000 and did the 5000. Still decent hardware , with MM would work great

Enviado desde mi Moto G mediante Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts