Custom Rom Lenovo S6000

Search This thread

novo2393

Apr 20, 2012
glasgow
KitKat

Hopefully someone will add a KitKat ROM when possible, don't see lenovo upgrading us to it when it becomes available. Don't think the tablet is popular enough unfortunately though.

mpdayii

Jun 24, 2012
San jose
Just use titanium back up to remove bloat.... Work great for me

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F using xda app-developers app

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Yea, I wish there was a custom ROM too. I just got my S6000-H yesterday, rooted it right away and used TiBu to remove some of the bloatware (I froze some more that I wasn't sure of). But it's missing simple things I'm used to from my N7000, like the advanced options in the shutdown menu.

I read in another thread that we do have a type of recovery built in - could someone tell me where to find it?

Never mind, found it ... and finally installed CWM today too. Now all I need is a nice custom ROM, but it doesn't look like any devs have that tablet :(

Last edited:
Reactions: nightflycab

mpdayii

Jun 24, 2012
San jose
Use xposed to add modules. .. reboot, multi Window, floating, etc...etc... my S6000 tab works great. .. Still not good as my note 3 but...almost! My wife is jealous of all my tab can do... She think it stock that way. .. And her weird little Ellipses 7 Verizon gave hercan't do half of it. ... Guess I'll have to pimp her tab up for her! ! Look up x posed installer on xda, or Google it, then just follow where it leads. ... Easy

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

criszz

Aug 22, 2008
BrasoV
Realme GT 2 Pro
Yea, I wish there was a custom ROM too. I just got my S6000-H yesterday, rooted it right away and used TiBu to remove some of the bloatware (I froze some more that I wasn't sure of). But it's missing simple things I'm used to from my N7000, like the advanced options in the shutdown menu.

I read in another thread that we do have a type of recovery built in - could someone tell me where to find it?

Never mind, found it ... and finally installed CWM today too. Now all I need is a nice custom ROM, but it doesn't look like any devs have that tablet :(

please a link for working CWM for b6000 h (3g) Thank you!

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Use xposed to add modules. .. reboot, multi Window, floating, etc...etc... my S6000 tab works great. .. Still not good as my note 3 but...almost! My wife is jealous of all my tab can do... She think it stock that way. .. And her weird little Ellipses 7 Verizon gave hercan't do half of it. ... Guess I'll have to pimp her tab up for her! ! Look up x posed installer on xda, or Google it, then just follow where it leads. ... Easy

Thanks for that tip ... I just installed xposed and 3 modules, going to have a look through that huge list these days to see if I find more.

I installed the one to show the temperature in the status bar, the advanced reboot one and the one that shows RAM used/free in the task switcher. Pretty neat so far - if you know of any other "must-have" modules feel free to let me know :)

And sorry criszz, but no idea if that'll work on your tablet too ;)

Reactions: mpdayii

criszz

Aug 22, 2008
BrasoV
Realme GT 2 Pro
Thanks for that tip ... I just installed xposed and 3 modules, going to have a look through that huge list these days to see if I find more.

I installed the one to show the temperature in the status bar, the advanced reboot one and the one that shows RAM used/free in the task switcher. Pretty neat so far - if you know of any other "must-have" modules feel free to let me know :)

And sorry criszz, but no idea if that'll work on your tablet too ;)

for xposed module i use a must have module : Gravity box and Boot manager

schubi82

Jan 16, 2008
I came across this:

http://lenovokitkatrom.blogspot.com/2013/09/upgradeupdate-ideatab-s6000-to-44-kitkat.html

Anyone have a look here? I'm usually sceptical of something not on XDA.

Blog was closed but I think you meant these: http://lenovoideatabs6000442kitkatrom.blogspot.de/ !?
I thinks this is a fake because as I know Mediatek chipsets aren't running on 4.4

But maybe this news can let us hope: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Medi...Coming-to-Tablets-by-Month-s-End-436176.shtml

Reactions: maxss83 and PRGS3

PRGS3

May 12, 2012
Cape Town
Samsung Galaxy S9
Blog was closed but I think you meant these: http://lenovoideatabs6000442kitkatrom.blogspot.de/ !?
I thinks this is a fake because as I know Mediatek chipsets aren't running on 4.4

But maybe this news can let us hope: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Medi...Coming-to-Tablets-by-Month-s-End-436176.shtml

Thanks for that update!

I won't hold my breath for anything official seeing as Lenovo didn't even bump up to 4.3,

and zero ROMS out there? Or am I rubbish at searching?

JanDr0id

Apr 25, 2014
I read in an other Forum that there is no Custom ROM yet because Mediatek isn't releasing Source Code of their ROMs. After Browsing Lenovo Site of the S6000 I have found this:

mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/s6000_tablet?tabname=manuals

You get linked to Manuals, click on Downloads section and then there is:
Open Source Code - S6000 Tablet 10/12/2013 - 320MB
Don't know if it's the right thing, just wanted to mention it here.

And other News on KitKat:
news.softpedia.com/news/Android-4-4-KitKat-Update-for-Lenovo-Yoga-8-Inch-and-10-Inch-Tablets-Coming-in-June-438474.shtml

It's getting closer now, first 4.4 mediatek tablet ( lenovo yoga ) get's update in June. Let's hope for a compatible version / port for the S6000.
In am wondering if the Updates for the Yoga Tablets are compatible with the S6000, cause they use same processor and overall same specs.

Greetings JanDr0id

ps: i erased the httttttp in front of the links cause its my 1st post and xda isnt allowing me to post links yet. :rolleyes:

barc0d3

May 6, 2014
I saw that mediatek released their source for kitkat. All the parts are there. Just need a Dev with one of these to assemble it.

Top Liked Posts