Search This thread

Chola1

Sep 6, 2021
Dear all. Recently bought a G40F and ever since I was on the lookout for custom ROM support. more specifically, a well tested and "straight forward" custom ROM installation sequence. for a noob like me that's very important.
although Moto shares their kernel source code to custom rom devs, the ROM scene for G40/G60 is nowhere comparable to other phones like Poco X3. Im guessing thats because it's launched only in the Indian market(so far) and it hasnt attracted a lot of devs worldwide. well, its a shame tbh.
I have scoured the internet and was disappointed to find nothing of that sort. just a pile of generalized guides(beware of bricking) which is just copy pasted for every devices out there, probably for clicks and running ads. Yet, thank god I found this guy Selva Kumar A. He wrote a detailed guide and tested it on his own G40, and also has a guide if you happen to brick it.
once again, i am a noob and this would be my first custom ROM. So don't take my word for it. I am here reaching out to the community hoping to find better opinions and corrections to the techniques mentioned above. If any Devs reading this, please spare some time to evaluate this. bricking my phone is such a nightmare, but I want root access and try out some cool stuff.

Last edited:

Chola1

Sep 6, 2021
Correct me if I'm wrong.
With an unlocked bootloader I can root the phone.
whereas for installing a custom ROM I should wait until a developer makes one that'd fit g40f, which also requires a unlocked bootloader

Chola1

Sep 6, 2021
bro I'm guessing you're that youtuber no? Would you suggest I return this phone and wait until Poco x4 or something that'd have a big community support, hence custom roms n everything
As per my understanding, someone has to make a custom tailored rom to fit every model that's out there

ERAAF

Apr 6, 2021
Yeah , but bootloader's not unlockable right now!
Unlocking through adb , it says failed to load unlock data
Moto saif we are working to solve it!

Reactions: Chola1

ERAAF

Apr 6, 2021
Bootloader is unlockable good news, an update with latest September Security patch + fix got released

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bootloader is not unlockable at the moment
    Yeah , but bootloader's not unlockable right now!
    Unlocking through adb , it says failed to load unlock data
    Moto saif we are working to solve it!
    As per my understanding, someone has to make a custom tailored rom to fit every model that's out there
    Yeah already its there
    50% build is already complete, rest needs an unlocked G40, if you somehow unlock BL of G40, reach Dev's through official moto G40/g60 Tlgrm group