Question Custom roms for Pixel 6 pro

Search This thread

Face_Plant

Mar 24, 2014
MD
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Why has development migrated to tg?
Too many n00bs cluttering developers threads with posts that don't contribute to development. It gets annoying fast when people keep re-asking the same question that has already been answered multiple times in the thread or is answered in the original post, or complain about bugs without providing a logcat or at least details on how to reproduce the issue.

I remember when XDA used to be about Android development, but as it gained popularity over the years it started to become more of a general Android/smartphone/tech help and support forum.

Too many n00bs cluttering developers threads with posts that don't contribute to development. It gets annoying fast when people keep re-asking the same question that has already been answered multiple times in the thread or is answered in the original post, or complain about bugs without providing a logcat or at least details on how to reproduce the issue.

I remember when XDA used to be about Android development, but as it gained popularity over the years it started to become more of a general Android/smartphone/tech help and support forum.
Telegram is full of noobs too lol

sronweb

Jul 25, 2010
Sicily
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Sadly, especially the new generation prefer TG groups instead of forum. But if the reason is that people keep asking the same questions, it might happen more on any social media or group, as the forum should be better for searching function and tags by arguments. One limitation perhaps is that the new XDA forum is not compatible with Tapatalk, and, for mobility reasons and use on smartphone would be a nice method to access.
As the original Google firmware delivered with the stock rom has some special features (we know mainly some code related to Tensor computing, for photography on gcam, as well on dictation etc.) I wonder if we may see any review here, about the main difference, which features are common, because part of AOSP rom code, and what we may miss. Does the custom roms in Pixel apply ie the June updates?
In my previous devices I always used custom roms, but I never owned a Pixel and of course would be interesting to know about the difference.

Dragon Kumera

Mar 14, 2019

I hate telegram and refuse to use it. Is there a discord we can join to get the updates and or downloads? I joined xda years back for custom os like lineage for my android devices.

When was lineage os for pixel 6 pro built? Twrp?

fil3s

Aug 30, 2014
bendigo
mobiledevices11.blogspot.com
I hate telegram and refuse to use it. Is there a discord we can join to get the updates and or downloads? I joined xda years back for custom os like lineage for my android devices.

When was lineage os for pixel 6 pro built? Twrp?

You can download some roms like lineage for p6p here. Just use fastboot -w

Then fastboot update "rom.zip"

I can't guarantee that all these roms use that method but lineage os does.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Dragon Kumera

Mar 14, 2019
You can download some roms like lineage for p6p here. Just use fastboot -w

Then fastboot update "rom.zip"

I can't guarantee that all these roms use that method but lineage os does.

True I know those commands. But It will wipe my data and well I kinda dont want to do that right now. I will download them though for the future when twrp becomes a thing for the p6p.

I have been using fastboot commands to update my p6p monthly security patch :). Magisk prevents it.

Thank you for the link! I just downloaded them. Will keep them saved for the future when I can use them.

Reactions: fil3s

fil3s

Aug 30, 2014
bendigo
mobiledevices11.blogspot.com
True I know those commands. But It will wipe my data and well I kinda dont want to do that right now. I will download them though for the future when twrp becomes a thing for the p6p.

I have been using fastboot commands to update my p6p monthly security patch :). Magisk prevents it.

Thank you for the link! I just downloaded them. Will keep them saved for the future when I can use them.

These are fastboot flash able zips , I don't think they would work on any twrp btw

:) I don't know if there will be a twrp for a13, which I'm on any time soon. Even official lineage with los recovery would be great 🤞

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Dragon Kumera

Mar 14, 2019
These are fastboot flash able zips , I don't think they would work on any twrp btw

:) I don't know if there will be a twrp for a13, which I'm on any time soon. Even official lineage with los recovery would be great 🤞
agreed! But time will tell. Glad to see within the past month custom roms have been happening. Pixel 6 pro has a 5 yr google support so there is no reason to really move to custom roms unless its for fun with messing around and experiencing features.

Reactions: fil3s

android_dan

Feb 17, 2015
Sadly, especially the new generation prefer TG groups instead of forum. But if the reason is that people keep asking the same questions, it might happen more on any social media or group, as the forum should be better for searching function and tags by arguments. One limitation perhaps is that the new XDA forum is not compatible with Tapatalk, and, for mobility reasons and use on smartphone would be a nice method to access.
You know why this "new generation" go to TG? Because on XDA if someone complains about a bug or something they have to deal with it. On TG if someone says something they don't like or want to deal with they can ban them. Way to many people lacking the mental capacity have admin rights on TG.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why has development migrated to tg?

Telegram is full of noobs too lol
    I was a noob too when I joined XDA 10 years ago. Eventually I learned how to root my phone, started flashing roms and kernels, then started building roms, then learned coding, started developing my own apps etc etc. I very much appreciated all the help I got along the way from XDA members, and the positivity was heart-warming. I am sad to hear that developers are now abandoning XDA because of noobs. The ethos of XDA is to help everyone and I like that...
    I was a noob too when I joined XDA 10 years ago. Eventually I learned how to root my phone, started flashing roms and kernels, then started building roms, then learned coding, started developing my own apps etc etc. I very much appreciated all the help I got along the way from XDA members, and the positivity was heart-warming. I am sad to hear that developers are now abandoning XDA because of noobs. The ethos of XDA is to help everyone and I like that...
    Couldn't agree with this more. 👍
    Ahh I'm finally getting the hint. Why has development migrated to tg? I've never even used tg lol.