Question Custom ROMs for the 6a besides graphene?

Search This thread

mmead1143

Dec 27, 2010
From what i can recall download bluejay full build rom,boot,vendor>flash boot>flash vendor>go to recovery>select sideload adb>install rom

make sure your on the latest adb/fastboot.
That's about what I "thought" I did haha - I did make it to the recovery but at the sideload adb command, it was like the file was corrupt. It had a "read error" I believe. I downloaded it again and had the same issue so I'm not sure.

I was doing it at night and needed the phone the next day for work so I gave up kind of quick. I'll get back into it tonight.

bbvirtuoso

Apr 9, 2011
Google Pixel 6a
That's about what I "thought" I did haha - I did make it to the recovery but at the sideload adb command, it was like the file was corrupt. It had a "read error" I believe. I downloaded it again and had the same issue so I'm not sure.

I was doing it at night and needed the phone the next day for work so I gave up kind of quick. I'll get back into it tonight.
i also factory reset after installing vendor and after sideloading

Reactions: mmead1143

phaleg

Jul 20, 2012
Velletri, RM
bit.ly
Hello!
I am considering to buy this phone, but I notice that the "stock to custom rom" process is harder than in preious google phones I had and also that has few ROMs available, is it true?

I could not even find the usual pixel experience or Lineage OS

Trying not to be too much off topic, is it a good mobile go buy?
Thanks

mmead1143

Dec 27, 2010
Hello!
I am considering to buy this phone, but I notice that the "stock to custom rom" process is harder than in preious google phones I had and also that has few ROMs available, is it true?

Thanks
Just one man's opinion.

There's not much on the rom front but usually that heats up at about the 6-12 month mark, post-release from what I've seen in the past. This phone was released in May I think, so it's about on track from past history.

But yeah - that part is jsut getting going. I do see a fair amount of activity but non-flagship phones can be hit or miss on the rom front.

That mentioned - I love the phone and it works well...but if you want 5-6 roms to choose from you may want to hold off. IF you are paitent they should come soon. I know Lineage is in process right now...Graphene, Caylx are out there and I've flashed a coupld of unofficial builds to date.

Reactions: phaleg

Twilightsparklez

Oct 9, 2022
Hello!

Thanks
Development seemsto be very slowlypicking up speed. I remember seeing an announcment about lineage 20 coming soon, but i don't thino i remember seeing an exact date

Reactions: phaleg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 10740347
    Calyx is out, but its kinda simmilar. Lineage 20 will hopefully come next year, which is the one I'm looking forward to
    I tried but couldn't get it to take - commands just weren't working for me. I'll give it another go this weekend and see if I can get the install :)
    From what i can recall download bluejay full build rom,boot,vendor>flash boot>flash vendor>go to recovery>select sideload adb>install rom

make sure your on the latest adb/fastboot.
    I'd like to install a custom ROM on my 6a, and graphene didn't satisfy me, so I'd like to know if anyone's found any others that i could try out lol
    Been running Graphene on mine since it dropped. Only issue I've had is some of my games don't play well with it. Software, am I right? /shrug
    Hello!

Thanks
    Development seemsto be very slowlypicking up speed. I remember seeing an announcment about lineage 20 coming soon, but i don't thino i remember seeing an exact date