Question Custom ROMs for the 6a besides graphene?

Search This thread
Aug 20, 2022
Moto G Power
Google Pixel 6a
Calyx is out, but its kinda simmilar. Lineage 20 will hopefully come next year, which is the one I'm looking forward to
I'm looking at Calyx, and it seems like it would actually work. Graphene didn't work for me because all of the apps it came with were out of date and didn't work right, but given the fact that Calyx uses well known privacy focused apps, it looks like I'll be good to go once they've come out with their Android 13 update lol

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
Graphene didn't work for me because all of the apps it came with were out of date and didn't work right

First of all, they're not out of date. They're the latest from AOSP. Oh, and they DO work right.
Second, if you don't like, that's what makes Android great -- install alternative applications, I suggest from F-droid.

batp

Sep 6, 2010
Moto E6
Google Pixel 6a
I'm looking at Calyx, and it seems like it would actually work. Graphene didn't work for me because all of the apps it came with were out of date and didn't work right, but given the fact that Calyx uses well known privacy focused apps, it looks like I'll be good to go once they've come out with their Android 13 update lol
Please don't write things that are demonstrably false. The truth is inverse of what you have written.

D

Deleted member 10740347

To be fair, the graphene apps have a popup that tells you its apps are not meant for your current version of android. Also they're in my opinion painful to look at because they don't comply to the system theme

Reactions: The Bearodactyl
D

Deleted member 10740347

I'm hoping by the time the end of the year, twrp will finally update to support android 13

Reactions: The Bearodactyl

xorrgnlusrx

Sep 14, 2022
I'd like to install a custom ROM on my 6a, and graphene didn't satisfy me, so I'd like to know if anyone's found any others that i could try out lol
Just run Stock, you are better off, if you need to optimise just root and debloat, much better alternative to Graphene os or Calyx IMO. if you don't want to root debloat using adb. Best of luck

D

Deleted member 10740347

I thought they cant support 13, due to changes in software and its not possible, correct me if im wrong ( which i prob am ) i remember reading that somewhere dunno where. eh
Id be surprised iif that were the case. Android has changed, but twrp usuallly adapts sooner or later

bbvirtuoso

Apr 9, 2011
Google Pixel 6a
This thread is custom roms for the 6a. I just posted what i found. didnt mean to upset anyone by mentioning telegram or an actual custom rom. some people like custom roms, like me.

Reactions: pcrii

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tried but couldn't get it to take - commands just weren't working for me. I'll give it another go this weekend and see if I can get the install :)
    From what i can recall download bluejay full build rom,boot,vendor>flash boot>flash vendor>go to recovery>select sideload adb>install rom

make sure your on the latest adb/fastboot.
    D
    Deleted member 10740347
    Calyx is out, but its kinda simmilar. Lineage 20 will hopefully come next year, which is the one I'm looking forward to
    D
    Deleted member 10740347
    HentaiOS for pixel 6a on telegram "Google Pixel/6/6a/6 Pro Updates"

installed. running smoothly. android 13.
    Oh look, another stupid telegram roadblock. I don't know why I try anymore. Stock is just fine anyway
    HentaiOS for pixel 6a on telegram "Google Pixel/6/6a/6 Pro Updates"

installed. running smoothly. android 13.
    I'd like to install a custom ROM on my 6a, and graphene didn't satisfy me, so I'd like to know if anyone's found any others that i could try out lol