custom-sm-t380-sm-t385-boot

Search This thread
Nov 19, 2010
I also have this device and have been following this thread hoping to install LineageOS on my device so it runs more smooth; However, I am wary of flashing at ALPHA stage due to only having general knowledge of ROM flashing, not advance/expert. Will test this when in BETA stage

Reactions: Austcool
I also have this device and have been following this thread hoping to install LineageOS on my device so it runs more smooth; However, I am wary of flashing at ALPHA stage due to only having general knowledge of ROM flashing, not advance/expert. Will test this when in BETA stage
Honestly the most of the porting was done by @andr01dfr3ak I am a tester my self if you want to help push the project forward because from my discord server thread @andr01dfr3ak seems to want to quit building for this device I recommend you dm him on XDA saying thanks for his efforts and asking him to keep trying to help... He says that he's more concerned about the Chinese OnePlus 9 phones..... And doesn't seem to see the need to help port over the Samsung devices and the Galaxy Tab A 8.0 lineups.... If you want him to continue you should definitely tell him how much this project means to you! He probly will end up quitting idk... :/

Also for those who are curious of how to ramdisk mod. I'm not 100%
Screenshot_20220215-122626_SmartPack-Kernel Manager.jpg
certain about it tho...
Screenshot_20220215-122804.jpg

Attachments

• boot.tar
    14.7 MB · Views: 50
  • boot.magisk_patched-24300_flROb.tar
    15 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Barto604

Sep 2, 2013
I know this is a old thread but I tried to flash the pie boot image and everything works except TWRP, i tried formatting and everything but it still shows 0 MB on internal

Reactions: Austcool

dborg89

Jan 10, 2011
Aw poop I was worth a try since it was a SM-T380 Kernel with a SM-T385 RAMDISK... I cannot make a proper SM-T385 Kernel rn. But as soon as I get hands on some kind of long term remote desktop I can try. @Sheelendra
Hey mate,
Tried following this up in the discord but got the boot before I even got a chance to do the CTF lol
Are you able to provide an update on a 385 boot image and if you're still lacking a PC are you able to help point out where to get the ball rolling on repacking it so I can try myself.

Cheers

Hey mate,
Tried following this up in the discord but got the boot before I even got a chance to do the CTF lol
Are you able to provide an update on a 385 boot image and if you're still lacking a PC are you able to help point out where to get the ball rolling on repacking it so I can try myself.

Cheers
Yeah If you rejoin I'll manually verify you the reason we have a complicated verification process is do to people who are hell bent on attacking me and my server. Sorry about the boot our bots automatically do it if the response isn't immediate.

Reactions: dborg89
I know this is a old thread but I tried to flash the pie boot image and everything works except TWRP, i tried formatting and everything but it still shows 0 MB on internal
The way to fix that is a Galaxy tab a decryption fstab patch. I don't have a copy on my tablet rn but soon I'm gonna post it here for you all to use. The Galaxy tab a 8.0 (2017) is set to encrypt internal storage by default when the fstab has encryption set. The device encrypts internal storage using the motherboard level encryption by snapdragon it's 100% disable-able depending on what the fstab.qcom says in /system/vendor/etc/fstab.qcom I'm at work rn but I'll upload it when I get home along with other useful .zips for this tablet.

Reactions: dborg89

Top Liked Posts