Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

McLin

Feb 1, 2007
Lohfelden
www.cardomain.com
I've uploaded the ADP Image

attachment.php

I have backed up my Original T-Mobile Splash is attached...

Attachments

• Archiv.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

kat3y5

Apr 7, 2009
The issue I'm running into is that after the image is flashed, it displays for about a half a second before the stock T-Mobile G1 image shows again.

Edit: Nevermind, just needed to run fastboot flash splash2 splash.raw565 as well.

Last edited:

GoldenCyn

Oct 31, 2007
Brooklyn
www.facebook.com
Here's Mine

First one is a pic of me that i spruced up on obamicon.me and the second i just put my own info into it from someone else's template.
Might be a little hard to see because im using a mirror-screen-protector.

Attachments

• 20090410173730.jpg
    20090410173730.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 20090410173554.jpg
    20090410173554.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 64

MiNeox

Jan 13, 2009
www.tuttoandroid.net
I've a problem... in this step:

rgb2565 < splash.raw > splash.raw565

doing start this command it's not execute nothing.. and pushing Enter return the path...

Tested on Vista and Leopard..

ok.. nothing, CreateG1Splash is utily :D

Last edited:

nk111

Mar 30, 2009
Munich
2nd image in magic build?

My second splash image is gone since i played around with haykuros images. Now i'm on 4.5. The second splash is that "htc magic" text and I can't change it. I flashed the splash2 two times but it's still there?

ideas anyone?

JeffGale

Apr 14, 2009
Williamstown
fastboot problem

So Im trying to flash my bootscreen in fastboot. Everytime i try i get waiting for device. I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. It is recognized and i even reinstalled drivers while in fastboot. In dos on the computer i do cd desktop cd fastboot and it wont even let me fastboot reboot. What could be wrong please help.

Edit: I had two fastboot folders, one on the desktop and one in C:\android. Use the one on ur c drive. :)

Last edited:

JeffGale

Apr 14, 2009
Williamstown
:(

oh yeah forgot to say, I don't want there to be 3. lol I erased both of them and htc still comes up after the two. and the first one only shows up for a second or two.

RaQHoliday

Apr 19, 2009
Charlotte, NC
My second splash image is gone since i played around with haykuros images. Now i'm on 4.5. The second splash is that "htc magic" text and I can't change it. I flashed the splash2 two times but it's still there?

ideas anyone?

That's not a splash image, it's "boot.gif". You can find how to edit it in this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3679534&postcount=17

I posted at the bottom of the second page the method that worked for me. Hope that helps.

fastludeh22

Mar 22, 2009
That's not a splash image, it's "boot.gif". You can find how to edit it in this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3679534&postcount=17

I posted at the bottom of the second page the method that worked for me. Hope that helps.

here is the link to the entire theard he is referring too:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=508078

on 3rd page i posted a way that i came up with which worked perfect fo me and in the end is very simple imo.

fastludeh22

Mar 22, 2009
Ok guys i need some help. I feel like a total dousch cause i know its all here, but ive read this theard twice and still cant get my image converted. I have my splash.png. i cant find that easy to use convert tool metiond around page 6. I did download createg1splash.zip from first page, but im not sure what to do with it,lol. I also have cygwin but keep getting errors. I know this is vague but if someone can point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated...guess i shouldnt have waited till 3 days ago to start learning linux, lol.

nastikincubus

Mar 2, 2009

u really don't need to kno jack abt linux to get this thing working... re-read the fst post carefully... r u sure u hv the rt driver?? it shud show up as htc phone.. in device list...if not d'load it from the link provided and just use the converter to convert any image copy it to fastboot folder and just type in the cmds aforementioned viola.. lol.. hope tht helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    paranoid_android_splash.jpg

“It won't work,” droned Marvin, “I have an exceptionally large mind.”

:cool:
    This file should be 460800 bytes - no more, no less.

460800 shall be the size of the file, and the number of bytes in the file shall be 460800. 460801 shalt not the size of the file be, neither shall the size be 460799, excepting that thou then append a byte to 460800.

460802... is right out.

Once the file size 460800, being the 460800th byte be reached, flasheth thou thy boot image onto the G1, who, being naughty in my sight, shall display it.

(note: please read the instructions, and don't actually flash a file that's 460800 bytes long. I had to take some artistic liberties here :p)