Custom splash image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

fastludeh22

Mar 22, 2009
Ya i have the right dv. Ive used the adb several times. Ive changed my boot.gif/boot.mp3. Done the brower and other mods for the h build. See my prob is with the easy part, lol. Converting the image. You say use the converter, but ive followed the links and cant find the converter. Thanks anyway though

fastludeh22

Mar 22, 2009
ok so i got it. i was def making it harder then it needed to be, lol. My prob was getting the splash.raw file. In my trials i found 2 ways, neither of which required linux or cygwin. 1st and easiest imo was using a prog called irfan. Its free. Dl it and its plugin. Then you open your splash.png file and save as .raw file with rgb option and volia properly sized .raw file. Other was simply imagemagick. 8bit for windows, then followed 1st page. After that it was simple since the rgb2565 and fastboot for windows was already compiled and linked on the first page.

Thanks for sticking with me guys and nnot flaming me, lol.

Now my only question is, can we change the time period each splash img is displayed? My first one shows for about 3-5 secs and second one for about 25 secs. Anyway to even this out a little?

DroidDev

Apr 15, 2009
DALLAS
www.androidswag.com
I am a Retard lol

got it finally!!! lol

here is my image
zip file with rgb in it is here at:
http://droiddeveloper.com/splash.zip
http://droiddeveloper.com/splash.PNG

splash.PNG

Last edited:

Dcandvolcom1

May 1, 2009
My image

here is a pic of my boot image! crappy pic tho sorry guys.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 53

xyrcncp

Feb 2, 2009
D.C. Metro
here is the boot.gif from 5.0.2h. hope thats the one ur looking for...

Thanks man. One quick question though, could this boot.gif and boot.mp3 be placed in 5.0.2G? I opened the 5.0.2H zip in WinRAR and I noticed that boot.gif, boot.mp3 and a boot_animation.xml files were in the media folder. Can I place all those in my media folder and that would replace the flashing android?

Last edited:

jmenbalek

Dec 29, 2008
SmokyLand
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
Hi , i have a problem when i write "fastboot flash splash1 mysplash.rgb565" , i have this :

stboot flash splash1 mysplash.rgb565
sending 'splash1' (300 KB)... OKAY
writing 'splash1'... INFOsignature checking...
FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)

I have tested with many recovery.img , but i have already the same problem .

Help me , please :'( .

Thank's

Edit. : I have resolved my problem , it's good .

Last edited:

komposure85

Mar 30, 2009
as a noob to this process I was able to successfully take the image that I wanted as my replacement for the tmobile b&w logo and I was able to convert it properly and also flash it, but once my device reboots it first displays my new image and then immediately afterwards it still displays the tmobile b&w image.

the steps used were:

$ convert -depth 8 splash.png rgb:splash.raw
# Make sure it is 460800 bytes long!
$ rgb2565 < splash.raw > splash.raw565
# Triple-check size before flashing! 307200 bytes
$ fastboot flash splash1 splash.raw565
$ fastboot reboot

any ideas why I am still viewing the tmobile logo???

I realized that I only flashed the timeout image...after properly updating things are fine.......hind sight is 20/20 after you completely research the the thread

Last edited:

insanemonkey

Mar 27, 2009
hey guys.. when i hold down camera+power, it comes up as three colors, like red yellow..

i get serial0 or sumtin lik ethat, but when i plug in to my pc it wont show fast boot, i pushed camera button its just blank though, im using cupcake radio and adp1.5 anyone get this to work?

Mar 12, 2009
hey guys.. when i hold down camera+power, it comes up as three colors, like red yellow..

i get serial0 or sumtin lik ethat, but when i plug in to my pc it wont show fast boot, i pushed camera button its just blank though, im using cupcake radio and adp1.5 anyone get this to work?

You, sir, need to install the HardSPL bootloader.
Here's a helpful link.

That will get you the ability to work in FASTBOOT.

jptech

May 13, 2009
Miami
My first boot splash screen

This is my first screen, feedback?

hackdroid.png

Attachments

• hackdroid.jpg
    hackdroid.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 5
  • mysplash.zip
    17.3 KB · Views: 6

Ajdin313

Jun 2, 2009
is there any way anyone can make a video walkthrough on this? i have the bootloader with the three skating androids, but all this adb talk and whatnot has me lost, and im confused

any help would be appreciated, i love this forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    paranoid_android_splash.jpg

“It won't work,” droned Marvin, “I have an exceptionally large mind.”

:cool:
    This file should be 460800 bytes - no more, no less.

460800 shall be the size of the file, and the number of bytes in the file shall be 460800. 460801 shalt not the size of the file be, neither shall the size be 460799, excepting that thou then append a byte to 460800.

460802... is right out.

Once the file size 460800, being the 460800th byte be reached, flasheth thou thy boot image onto the G1, who, being naughty in my sight, shall display it.

(note: please read the instructions, and don't actually flash a file that's 460800 bytes long. I had to take some artistic liberties here :p)