Customizable AVRCP Agent

Search This thread

Wolfman-XP

Aug 29, 2006
Hello,
here is my new version of the avrcp-agent. It is now customizable, so you can control every application from wich you know the messages to be send as WM_COMMAND.
On startup you do not see anything from the app! When you start it a second time, you see an menu at the bottom (OK and SETTINGS) where you can configure various things like the path to the application you want to control and timings for double and triple clicks. Don´t click the OK button, because the app will exit after that! Just leave it run in background. The menu disappears after clicking somewhere else.

Here are the sample Codes for the CorePlayer:

WindowName: CorePlayer

play/pause 1102
PREV 1100
NEXT 1101
OpenFile Dialog 1105
Switch Display 1037

For the GSPlayer:

WindowName: GSPlayer

play/pause 40027
PREV 40037
NEXT 40038
FastFF 40075
FastBack 40074
OpenFile Dialog 40018
Switch Display 100

You can customize the Agent for the functions of the headset by setting the message values to the buttons you want to.
I hope you will enjoy.
Greets,
Thomas

21.09.07 - BUG!
There is a bug in the program. When you reset the device, it "forgets" the settings. I will correct this at monday!

24.09.07 - FIXED! V1.11
I have updated the file to the new version.
-the settings will "survive" a reboot now.
-the problem with the activation of the application to control is fixed
-if you want to start any other program with an AVRCP command, you can now specify a path and the .exe file in the message field!!

Remarks:
-if you change settings, you must restart the agent.
-in the "path" field of the settings you must put the COMPLETE path, including the .exe file to start!
-COREPLAYER: if you want to use the agent with the CorePlayer, you must deactivate the "WMP UI plugin support" under settings/advanced!!!

Attachments

• AVRCP1-11.zip
    15.7 KB · Views: 4,762
Last edited:
Reactions: xebxeb and duo_m

beta_boy

Jul 2, 2007
Hello,
here is my new version of the avrcp-agent.
BUG!
There is a bug in the program. When you reset the device, it "forgets" the settings. I will correct this at monday!

BTW... great job with the first release! This is a similar to features we are adding into CorePlayer now.

gewin

Feb 23, 2006
Singapore
Activate GSplayer

Nice to see a new version. I tried it out and had one problem. WHen Gsplayer isn't running, pressing the play button on the headset doesn't seem to start the application. If I start it normally, the buttons on the headset do what they are supposed to.

Thanks

Wolfman-XP

Aug 29, 2006
Nice to see a new version. I tried it out and had one problem. WHen Gsplayer isn't running, pressing the play button on the headset doesn't seem to start the application. If I start it normally, the buttons on the headset do what they are supposed to.

Thanks

Fixed. See above.
Greets,
Thomas

cocchiararo

Sep 11, 2007
Escobar
works for me now XD

i cant really read what i input to it, but since i made no typos, i was able to configure it. (the font is TOO small).

there no chance for this app or any other to force sound of incomming calls/sms to go through the phone speacker (i dont care if its player through the headset or not ,but not having sound on the speaker makes it imposible to notice a call while driving :(

some time in the future, ill but a car stereo with BT, and i wont miss calls since i will hear the ringtone through it, but for now, its a problem :p

Wolfman-XP

Aug 29, 2006
works for me now XD

i cant really read what i input to it, but since i made no typos, i was able to configure it. (the font is TOO small).

there no chance for this app or any other to force sound of incomming calls/sms to go through the phone speacker (i dont care if its player through the headset or not ,but not having sound on the speaker makes it imposible to notice a call while driving :(

some time in the future, ill but a car stereo with BT, and i wont miss calls since i will hear the ringtone through it, but for now, its a problem :p

Perhaps you could use Voice Command to speak the number or contact of the incoming call.
In the next Version i will use a bigger font..:)

Last edited:

burningwheels

Nov 1, 2005
Avrcp Wm_command

Hi,

I am creating my own mp3 player for pocket pc. I would really like to be able to use AVRCP. Could you provide me with some info? I am using visual basic .net . I use Interop.WMPLib.dll for playback. How do I process an incoming WM_COMMAND?

Thanx!

Irek

Aug 28, 2007
Hi,
I'm trying to launch AVRCP agent on my hx4700 with WM6 (Kozhura edition) and sony DR-BT50 headphones but without no luck :-(
Build-in WMP10 work, Mort Player work also bu GSPlayer with any available version of AVRCP Agent does not work.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

jamesheath

Jan 22, 2008
GREAT APP!!!!

Using is with GSPlayer - which is also great. and my new gear4 bluphones.

One little issue, I don't think I got the codes right to start, so I changed them, and I still couldn't get PREV to work (is the code definitely 40037?), so I put some different codes in to try & understand it. Now it's not accepting my changes - I'm stuck with the wrong settings!! I've even odne a soft reset!! where are the settings stored? in the reg I guess. HELP!!!

Also - can yo possibly make it work for QVGA - It's really hard to read!!!!

Thanks so much for this app,

James

Last edited:

jamesheath

Jan 22, 2008
Hi,

May or may not be a bug report - on my HTC, with gear4 Bluphones, double clicking 'back' does the same as as double clicking 'Play'. Single clicks work fine. So if the double click is done in software (I think it must be?) I think this must be a (very minor) bug...

Altogether though - FANTASTIC!!

Appelsap

Jul 25, 2007
Leiden
WM_COMMAND codes for PocketMusic

I am looking for an app that will auto-launch pocketmusic when I press the play button. Can I do that with this app? How do I get the codes?

Wolfman-XP

Aug 29, 2006
I am looking for an app that will auto-launch pocketmusic when I press the play button. Can I do that with this app? How do I get the codes?

Yes, you can Launch PocketMusic by entering the path to PocketMusic in the message field for "play single click". But i don´t know the Codes to control pocketMusic
Greets,
Thomas

Irek

Aug 28, 2007
Problem with Sony DR-BT50 headset

Hi,
as I mentioned in post #12 I have DR-BT50 headset which doesn't work with AVRCP Agent - probably my headset send different control codes than AVRCP Agent expect so there is no possibility to make right mapping between codes received from headset and WM_COMMAND codes sending to application.
It would be great if new version of AVRCP Agent could:
1. show control codes received from headset (for example in debug mode)
2. map any received control code to any sending WM_COMMAND code :D

Is it possible to make such AVRCP Agent version?

Thanks for help,
Irek

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    here is my new version of the avrcp-agent. It is now customizable, so you can control every application from wich you know the messages to be send as WM_COMMAND.
    On startup you do not see anything from the app! When you start it a second time, you see an menu at the bottom (OK and SETTINGS) where you can configure various things like the path to the application you want to control and timings for double and triple clicks. Don´t click the OK button, because the app will exit after that! Just leave it run in background. The menu disappears after clicking somewhere else.

Here are the sample Codes for the CorePlayer:

WindowName: CorePlayer

play/pause 1102
    PREV 1100
    NEXT 1101
    OpenFile Dialog 1105
    Switch Display 1037

For the GSPlayer:

WindowName: GSPlayer

play/pause 40027
    PREV 40037
    NEXT 40038
    FastFF 40075
    FastBack 40074
    OpenFile Dialog 40018
    Switch Display 100

You can customize the Agent for the functions of the headset by setting the message values to the buttons you want to.
    I hope you will enjoy.
    Greets,
    Thomas

21.09.07 - BUG!

24.09.07 - FIXED! V1.11
    I have updated the file to the new version.
    -the settings will "survive" a reboot now.
    -the problem with the activation of the application to control is fixed
    -if you want to start any other program with an AVRCP command, you can now specify a path and the .exe file in the message field!!

Remarks:
    -if you change settings, you must restart the agent.
    -in the "path" field of the settings you must put the COMPLETE path, including the .exe file to start!
    -COREPLAYER: if you want to use the agent with the CorePlayer, you must deactivate the "WMP UI plugin support" under settings/advanced!!!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone