General CVDD - May | GALAXY S21 Ultra 5G | Official Firmware (SM-G998B) | 2nd May

Search This thread

Orlaf

Nov 18, 2017
Italy
It does seem daft to have all these different CSC that literally get the same firmware.
I mean Apple, IOS 5.3, boom released, done, next.
I guess this problem is caused by Samsung hardware diversification (I mean the release of the same update for devices with different SoC, different screen etc.). With the release of Windows for example this problem is very marked, and in fact on some PCs it is more or less fluid and stable than others.

The only bad thing is the waste of time in releasing first for Germany and then for all other countries.

I guess this problem is caused by Samsung hardware diversification (I mean the release of the same update for devices with different SoC, different screen etc.). With the release of Windows for example this problem is very marked, and in fact on some PCs it is more or less fluid and stable than others.

The only bad thing is the waste of time in releasing first for Germany and then for all other countries.
I mean I understand developing firmware for US is different for international variants, but we're all SM-G998B here. Samsung should just make a unified firmware and any country specific features are given as a server side update based on the country the user's samsung acc is based on. Why should Asian users like me have to wait while Europe gets them early? It doesn't make any sense at all. Sure I changed my CSC from XTC to DBT but not all users are as nerdy as us 🤣

Orlaf

Nov 18, 2017
Italy
I mean I understand developing firmware for US is different for international variants, but we're all SM-G998B here. Samsung should just make a unified firmware and any country specific features are given as a server side update based on the country the user's samsung acc is based on. Why should Asian users like me have to wait while Europe gets them early? It doesn't make any sense at all. Sure I changed my CSC from XTC to DBT but not all users are as nerdy as us 🤣
That's why i said they should release the update for all countries. 👍

Reactions: shinsengloomy

amirage

It does seem daft to have all these different CSC that literally get the same firmware.
I mean Apple, IOS 5.3, boom released, done, next.
Unlocked iPhones will get the update all at once but I think carrier-locked devices get the update later albeit in a couple of days... But yes, it's the fragmentation in Android and further fragmentation within each OEM that hinders a unified release! For Apple, they just need to develop the updates for iPhones (which are practically the same all over the world except for the series - X, 11, 12, 13 etc)...Atleast, we should be happy that Samsung has come a long way in their software department compared to what it was a couple of years ago!

Reactions: sn809

Orlaf

Nov 18, 2017
Italy
Unlocked iPhones will get the update all at once but I think carrier-locked devices get the update later albeit in a couple of days... But yes, it's the fragmentation in Android and further fragmentation within each OEM that hinders a unified release! For Apple, they just need to develop the updates for iPhones (which are practically the same all over the world except for the series - X, 11, 12, 13 etc)...Atleast, we should be happy that Samsung has come a long way in their software department compared to what it was a couple of years ago!
Right...I had forgotten that Apple releases new updates on the same day for older models as well.

I wonder why the same thing doesn't happen on Android at this point.

joloxx9joloxx9

Jul 6, 2011
UK
At this point I can't say BULF would have bad battery problems. My unit got replaced which means this is still learning my patterns and still got 9 hours of SOT with a lot of gaming. Maybe Samsung's batteries for the S21 just degrade faster

Screenshot_20220127-194233_Device care.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: StefanMagu
Why is your unit replaced? :)
I usually send my phone to service just before warranty expires to have my battery replaced. This time around, samsung said my old unit had a bad charging port and a motherboard issue so they said they'd replace the unit, although that was probably a bluff and they did that because a replacement battery takes longer than a new unit to arrive where I'm at. Regardless, my phone's all new without scratches and dents and the battery has been stellar once again.

AwesomeARC

Feb 27, 2012
Battery seems to be holding up very well thus far.... hope next update is even better.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220127-224911_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220127-224911_Device care.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 70

Orlaf

Nov 18, 2017
Italy
I hope the 2nd January update fixes the micro lags when scrolling in most of my apps especially reddit and XDA
Just to be clear about this story:

For our models there will be no "second january patch", because this is just an update released for US models which still hadn't received a firmware with all changes implemented in BULF.

Proof of this is represented by different changelist numbers, for example.

Reactions: Elhombree

Tristan17

Just to be clear about this story:

For our models there will be no "second january patch", because this is just an update released for US models which still hadn't received a firmware with all changes implemented in BULF.

Proof of this is represented by different changelist numbers, for example.
Thanks, so does that mean we should get one UI 4.1 as the next update in February?

Top Liked Posts