General CVF2 - June | GALAXY S21 Ultra 5G | Official Firmware (SM-G998B) | 12th June

Search This thread

Mihai06

Jan 17, 2022
Hi, is there a way to get back to Android 11 from android 12 BULF? Or in the future with the new update will we ever be able to return to 11? Thanks!

I have lag after the BULF update. When I unlock the phone with my fingerprint and start scrolling sideways on the phone lags terribly as if it had a 10Hz refresh. Re-locking and unlocking help. I've never had anything like it. The best thing is that when I turn on the overlay that shows the screen refresh, it shows that it is 120 Hz and it jumps as if it was 10. It's the first issue after all upgrades for me. Samsung WTF :(

D

Deleted member 8730448

In every case Samsung always act like that in past occasions:

First releases was bad, while x.1 versions was the solution.

For this I have high expectations for 4.1 version (and I hope not to be wrong).

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
I have lag after the BULF update. When I unlock the phone with my fingerprint and start scrolling sideways on the phone lags terribly as if it had a 10Hz refresh. Re-locking and unlocking help. I've never had anything like it. The best thing is that when I turn on the overlay that shows the screen refresh, it shows that it is 120 Hz and it jumps as if it was 10. It's the first issue after all upgrades for me. Samsung WTF :(
It's because it's not refresh rate related. Until recently all phones had just 60 Hz screens but they used to have lags. Those screen had constant 60 Hz so how come they lagged :) ? Because those lags are usually SOC related, ,kernel related problems. Hope they fix it for you all guys.

Last edited:

bmonteiro

May 8, 2015
I doubt it. My internet works 90% of the time, just occasionally Samsung internet refuses to load webpage and it's happening with Google search, refuses to load results until I close it off and try a few times. Another frustrating issue I've encountered is YouTube full screen video stops working. Pinch to zoom and make it full screen stops working randomly until I force close the app and load it up again, could be issue with YouTube app but it's been happening for a while now.

I have the exact same issue, it's getting on my nerves

D

Deleted member 8730448

From BVA6 to BVA8.

It's not so important, but I still wanted to inform you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220123-115503_CheckFirm.png
    Screenshot_20220123-115503_CheckFirm.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 70

iamnotkurtcobain

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
I have problems with lag on some apps. YouTube especially. It lags like crazy sometimes. Minimizing a playing video is janky af. The whole app feels like it's running on a 10 year old phone. It's not the app's fault! Tried on my old S10+ with Android 11. No problems there. So it is clearly Android 12.

Top Liked Posts

Since the latest update my battery has improved vastly. I used to get about 6 hours SOT. Today (heavy video day), I've got below, 8.5 hours. Nothing has changed, WQHD+, WiFi only, 60hz. Incredible! That's from 85% to 15%. I think if I ran 100% to 0 it'd scratch 10 hours.

%100
    I love the tension when an update comes. The anticipation of an update, the climax when it's released and then the oh....that was crap. Cycle restarts.
    Moderator announcement!!

There is a battery health thread here.
    Let's keep this thread on topic as much as possible please and thank you.

Cheers: Badger50 (y) :cool:
    I'll be the one to tell you guys ahead that you should cut that out or admins will start cleaning up this thread again.

Same as battery life related posts :)

cat-patient.gif

👁️ 👀 👁️ 👀 👁️ 👀 ;)
    What kind of journalistic bulls***(pardon my French) is this?

Title:
    "Exclusive: One UI 5.0 brings major improvement for animation speeds"

Now something important:
    "obviously hasn’t revealed any details about One UI 5.0 at this point in time"

And biggest one:
    "We hear that One UI 5.0 is going to significantly improve the UI animation speeds."

And where is the source, any links or references etc? They heard it on the street, it the toilet or maybe in commercial?

They have no hot topics at the moment so it looks like this article is pure clickbait.
    In this thread, you can discuss and share the Mega links of new firmwares (OFFICIAL STOCK) for the Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G!
    NO CUSTOM ROM's and/or ROOT-talk

How to flash the firmware to your phone:

Odin.png

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder C:\Odin) ***
    2. Download Odin v3.14.4
    3. Extract the Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder C:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin
    5. Power OFF your S21 Ultra 5G
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Connect USB-cable to your computer. Hold down "Volume up" and "Volume down" at same time. While holding down, connect the USB-cable to your phone. Or use the command "adb reboot-bootloader".
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes for the device to automatically restart.

*** You can always find the LATEST firmware in message #2

I have taken over these threads and they are dedicated to the memory of Henk, you can read more about him here:
    batman-listen.gif

Greetings to all. Just dropped by for a little more "Unsubstantiated Update Claim Game" or UUCG for short, cleaning! Since this appears to be an ongoing matter, I will be happy to just drop by everyday and remove these little buggers with immediate effect in an effort to keep the thread on topic, which is why some of you reported these in the first place.

This way, it will eliminate the reports, and save our Mods, me in particular, extra typing practice, even though I need it!

Cheers to all: Badger50
    pacman-game-over.gif
    For the love of Pete!! Thread cleaned again!
    Can we PLEASE stop with all the unnecessary back-n-forth with these updates!!!! I keep getting reports from various members about constant OT, griping, whining, this that, he said this he said that, and disrespectful and snarky comments CRAP!! So from now on, if I have to action further reports from members that have been repeatedly warned, I will take up the issue with you regarding XDA Rule #2 for member conduct via PM, which can/may result in disciplinary actions regarding your account.

So Please, keep this thread "ON TOPIC" out of respect for the OP, and for all other XDA members. THANK YOU!!

-Regards: Badger50
    I love the tension when an update comes. The anticipation of an update, the climax when it's released and then the oh....that was crap. Cycle restarts.
    Moderator Announcement

I've cleaned this thread from all the off-topic posts and flamings; my cleaning included all timezone "discussions", not-firmware or S21U related posts, attempts to moderate the thread and much more. Actually, I must say I cleaned the thread AGAIN after all the attempts of my team mates @Badger50 and @V0latyle - and the expectations I'd to read here that the thread gets automatically cleaned e.g. in the morning simply shows disrespect to moderators by wasting their valuable time that could be much better used.
    It finally got too much now! I've notified everybody whose post(s) got deleted i.e. everybody should be aware.

I'm requesting my team mates to inform me about anybody who still continues with this type of posting. In turn I'm going to revoke the members write permissions in this thread, initially temporarily for 2 weeks; however, the member will permanently have read permissions i.e. being inform of any firmwarm update. In case of recurring spamming, I'm gradually increasing the write ban to 4 weeks to eventually become permanently. I hope that this friendly warning helps to now keep the thread focussed. Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator