General CVF2 - June | GALAXY S21 Ultra 5G | Official Firmware (SM-G998B) | 12th June

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 8730448

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220518-185359_One UI Home.png
    Screenshot_20220518-185359_One UI Home.png
    405.2 KB · Views: 124
  • Screenshot_20220518-185628_One UI Home.png
    Screenshot_20220518-185628_One UI Home.png
    764.5 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_20220518-185423_One UI Home.png
    Screenshot_20220518-185423_One UI Home.png
    309.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_20220518-185355_One UI Home.png
    Screenshot_20220518-185355_One UI Home.png
    595.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot_20220518-185328_Samsung Internet Beta.png
    Screenshot_20220518-185328_Samsung Internet Beta.png
    169.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_20220518-190148_One UI Home.png
    Screenshot_20220518-190148_One UI Home.png
    566 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot_20220518-192242_One UI Home.png
    Screenshot_20220518-192242_One UI Home.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 121
D

Deleted member 8730448

Actually I was focusing on the notification shade. That's all black when dropped down...but yes the other stuff are as you have mentioned. And yes the phone is totally different when disabled...however much it is bugged, I really feel this blur is a very nice touch
Notification shade and some contextual menus are the the only system parts without transparencies.

In every case the blur effect (which I also consider beautiful) on One Ui is terribly buggy.

Reactions: amirage

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Nah...there are other brands that included blur on most parts of their UI, without lags or weird battery drains.

See ColorOS for example.
Hopefully Android 13 is a major improvement, I'd rather see performance and design changes rather than new features which Samsung are notorious for! Have any of you ever used EMUI? It's absolutely perfect 👌 really battery efficient, performance is amazing, stutter free UI.

George Musat

Apr 15, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
They better fix all these bugs and poor optimisation. But sadly they probably won't
Atleast if they fix the annoying gesture lags,idk if they will LMAO because it is here for a while and it became worse and worse especially when u try to exit from a game
these lags can happen even with normal apps (it becomes something like 60hz)
if someone look at my phone in the moment it lags the can swear that i have an a51 (my friend has a51,it lags terribly,even for a midrange phone)

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
***Moderator Announcement***
Once again, we would like to remind everyone to remain on topic. While Android 13 will be a likely update, it is outside the topic of this thread, which is to discuss a specific update at a specific time. Remember, you can always create a new thread if you'd like to discuss something else.

Off topic posts will be removed, and infractions may be issued to members who continue to post them.

Keyvannn

Sep 26, 2014
Essen
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Guys in last update scrolling is a disaster. In most apps, scrolling happens at different speeds and this speed increases and decreases.force 120hz doesn't fix this. While on my mi pad5(tested on android 11 and 13 beta) the scrolling is great. We have to report this to Samsung in huge number

Reactions: nanhtrang_tgnhd
I have flashed the latest firmware from Spain. Fresh install.

But I always have to flash the updates using Odin. Why can't I use online checking and wireless updates?
Are you waiting for your country to get the update then checking on tour phone and don't see the update? Or are you checking your phone when someone here says ther is an update rolling out?

gaston_garcia

Oct 26, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Are you waiting for your country to get the update then checking on tour phone and don't see the update? Or are you checking your phone when someone here says ther is an update rolling out?
No, what's happening is that once I've got a firmware installed, I can't get OTA updates.

Is there a way to get updates without having to manually install them every time?

Darbar1701

Nov 25, 2016
I'm from Costa Rica, but we have extremely slow updates. So I've been using Spain's firmware. But I have to manually install them.

Is this the only way?
You can change your CSC using Samkey to the Spanish one and once your on the same firmware as Spain you'll get OTA updates from then on. Search XDA and you'll see how to use Samkey, it's pretty easy

R_eliks

Feb 9, 2018
Prague
Finally OTA CVDD to XID, I just don't know why it looks like an update from OneUI 4.0 to 4.1 ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220523-093554_Software update.jpg
    9.4 MB · Views: 131

bodomfan

Mar 9, 2011
Swansea
Guys in last update scrolling is a disaster. In most apps, scrolling happens at different speeds and this speed increases and decreases.force 120hz doesn't fix this. While on my mi pad5(tested on android 11 and 13 beta) the scrolling is great. We have to report this to Samsung in huge number
Snapdragon user here ,don't have this issue.i follow both threads to check on the updates

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Man... after all these time and updates the device keeps lagging and the battery drain is horrible, I have to charge it in the middle of the day..I think this is my last Exynos device and samsung, I'll try to give apple a shot since my wife is using 13 pro max and she has 6 SOT at 60% battery which is crazy
Yes if battery life is your main priority,. Don't use Samsung.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I love the tension when an update comes. The anticipation of an update, the climax when it's released and then the oh....that was crap. Cycle restarts.
    Moderator announcement!!

There is a battery health thread here.
    Let's keep this thread on topic as much as possible please and thank you.

Cheers: Badger50 (y) :cool:
    What kind of journalistic bulls***(pardon my French) is this?

Title:
    "Exclusive: One UI 5.0 brings major improvement for animation speeds"

Now something important:
    "obviously hasn’t revealed any details about One UI 5.0 at this point in time"

And biggest one:
    "We hear that One UI 5.0 is going to significantly improve the UI animation speeds."

And where is the source, any links or references etc? They heard it on the street, it the toilet or maybe in commercial?

They have no hot topics at the moment so it looks like this article is pure clickbait.
    CVF2 after a clean install. Looks promising. 👌 All default settings. 120hz adaptive. Processing speed on High.
    In this thread, you can discuss and share the Mega links of new firmwares (OFFICIAL STOCK) for the Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G!
    NO CUSTOM ROM's and/or ROOT-talk

How to flash the firmware to your phone:

Odin.png

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder C:\Odin) ***
    2. Download Odin v3.14.4
    3. Extract the Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder C:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin
    5. Power OFF your S21 Ultra 5G
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Connect USB-cable to your computer. Hold down "Volume up" and "Volume down" at same time. While holding down, connect the USB-cable to your phone. Or use the command "adb reboot-bootloader".
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes for the device to automatically restart.

*** You can always find the LATEST firmware in message #2

I have taken over these threads and they are dedicated to the memory of Henk, you can read more about him here:
    batman-listen.gif

Greetings to all. Just dropped by for a little more "Unsubstantiated Update Claim Game" or UUCG for short, cleaning! Since this appears to be an ongoing matter, I will be happy to just drop by everyday and remove these little buggers with immediate effect in an effort to keep the thread on topic, which is why some of you reported these in the first place.

This way, it will eliminate the reports, and save our Mods, me in particular, extra typing practice, even though I need it!

Cheers to all: Badger50
    pacman-game-over.gif
    For the love of Pete!! Thread cleaned again!
    Can we PLEASE stop with all the unnecessary back-n-forth with these updates!!!! I keep getting reports from various members about constant OT, griping, whining, this that, he said this he said that, and disrespectful and snarky comments CRAP!! So from now on, if I have to action further reports from members that have been repeatedly warned, I will take up the issue with you regarding XDA Rule #2 for member conduct via PM, which can/may result in disciplinary actions regarding your account.

So Please, keep this thread "ON TOPIC" out of respect for the OP, and for all other XDA members. THANK YOU!!

-Regards: Badger50
    I love the tension when an update comes. The anticipation of an update, the climax when it's released and then the oh....that was crap. Cycle restarts.
    Moderator Announcement

I've cleaned this thread from all the off-topic posts and flamings; my cleaning included all timezone "discussions", not-firmware or S21U related posts, attempts to moderate the thread and much more. Actually, I must say I cleaned the thread AGAIN after all the attempts of my team mates @Badger50 and @V0latyle - and the expectations I'd to read here that the thread gets automatically cleaned e.g. in the morning simply shows disrespect to moderators by wasting their valuable time that could be much better used.
    It finally got too much now! I've notified everybody whose post(s) got deleted i.e. everybody should be aware.

I'm requesting my team mates to inform me about anybody who still continues with this type of posting. In turn I'm going to revoke the members write permissions in this thread, initially temporarily for 2 weeks; however, the member will permanently have read permissions i.e. being inform of any firmwarm update. In case of recurring spamming, I'm gradually increasing the write ban to 4 weeks to eventually become permanently. I hope that this friendly warning helps to now keep the thread focussed. Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator