General CVF2 - June | GALAXY S21 Ultra 5G | Official Firmware (SM-G998B) | 12th June

Search This thread

joloxx9joloxx9

Jul 6, 2011
UK
Man... after all these time and updates the device keeps lagging and the battery drain is horrible, I have to charge it in the middle of the day..I think this is my last Exynos device and samsung, I'll try to give apple a shot since my wife is using 13 pro max and she has 6 SOT at 60% battery which is crazy
I have great battery life on my S21 ultra.
Farawell, hope you are going to love Iphone.

Last edited:

amirage

Man... after all these time and updates the device keeps lagging and the battery drain is horrible, I have to charge it in the middle of the day..I think this is my last Exynos device and samsung, I'll try to give apple a shot since my wife is using 13 pro max and she has 6 SOT at 60% battery which is crazy
It's just not comparable...Samsung specs are far superior to IP13PROMAX...So if battery life is the only thing that matters and that you can live with S10 specs then iPhone is the way forward

Reactions: timofonic

amirage

Well, I think you don't know much about iphone, do you? Spend few minutes and read about iphone multitasking then we can talk.
Again, my contention was never on the OS and I never spoke about the OS. I'm fully aware of how optimized the software is as I'm using iPhone 12...Apple has had at least 3 years of headstart from Android. My point was about the hardware specs (except for the SoC)...the most expensive iPhone today is still 2-3 years behind Android....anyways...let's just close this here...this argument will never cease...the mods @Badger50 are sharpening the knives to cut this post down...

Reactions: joloxx9joloxx9

matthew1811

Nov 4, 2011
Guys, please can you tell me what is your (average) battery percentage used for Google Play Services? I noticed that after CVDD I have seriously low screen on time (3 hours on 4G+ instead of 5 hours before) and Google Play Services around 7% battery consumption. This is when phone is discharged from 100% to 20%. Really appreciate your help. Thanks! 🙂

DS1000RR

Sep 27, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Guys, please can you tell me what is your (average) battery percentage used for Google Play Services? I noticed that after CVDD I have seriously low screen on time (3 hours on 4G+ instead of 5 hours before) and Google Play Services around 7% battery consumption. This is when phone is discharged from 100% to 20%. Really appreciate your help. Thanks! 🙂
1% over 11 hours from 85% to 56%

D

Deleted member 8730448

Keeping reduced blur enabled, restore the original battery life of my S21.

Never had a battery life like that in previous months.

Reactions: adamlee2012

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I'm testing this now to see if there's an improvement. Mobile data most of the day while I've been out and about, 8 hours since unplugged and 3 hours screen time, 29% remaining 🤔

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220527-193042_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220527-193042_Device care.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 72
100% to 15% battery over nearly 23 hours GPS drain at 4.1%

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220528-044559_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220528-044559_Device care.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 54

I was really hoping this would help me. Tried for 3 days and there wasn't any noticeable difference with it on or off. I get the same 5-6 hours SOT on an average per charge. I'm not saying it doesn't help anyone else, it has obviously helped you. But with my use case, it's not making any difference ☹️

Reactions: MrDusan

olafsand

Jan 25, 2011
For me it helped too :)
I got back my estimating time 2 days + 2 hours after full charge.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220528-100205_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220528-100205_Device care.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 73

douglasroos

Mar 1, 2008
Well, for me disabling the blur has been a game changer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220528-093730_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220528-093730_Device care.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 78

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I love the tension when an update comes. The anticipation of an update, the climax when it's released and then the oh....that was crap. Cycle restarts.
    Moderator announcement!!

There is a battery health thread here.
    Let's keep this thread on topic as much as possible please and thank you.

Cheers: Badger50 (y) :cool:
    I'll be the one to tell you guys ahead that you should cut that out or admins will start cleaning up this thread again.

Same as battery life related posts :)

cat-patient.gif

👁️ 👀 👁️ 👀 👁️ 👀 ;)
    What kind of journalistic bulls***(pardon my French) is this?

Title:
    "Exclusive: One UI 5.0 brings major improvement for animation speeds"

Now something important:
    "obviously hasn’t revealed any details about One UI 5.0 at this point in time"

And biggest one:
    "We hear that One UI 5.0 is going to significantly improve the UI animation speeds."

And where is the source, any links or references etc? They heard it on the street, it the toilet or maybe in commercial?

They have no hot topics at the moment so it looks like this article is pure clickbait.
    In this thread, you can discuss and share the Mega links of new firmwares (OFFICIAL STOCK) for the Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G!
    NO CUSTOM ROM's and/or ROOT-talk

How to flash the firmware to your phone:

Odin.png

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder C:\Odin) ***
    2. Download Odin v3.14.4
    3. Extract the Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder C:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin
    5. Power OFF your S21 Ultra 5G
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Connect USB-cable to your computer. Hold down "Volume up" and "Volume down" at same time. While holding down, connect the USB-cable to your phone. Or use the command "adb reboot-bootloader".
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes for the device to automatically restart.

*** You can always find the LATEST firmware in message #2

I have taken over these threads and they are dedicated to the memory of Henk, you can read more about him here:
    batman-listen.gif

Greetings to all. Just dropped by for a little more "Unsubstantiated Update Claim Game" or UUCG for short, cleaning! Since this appears to be an ongoing matter, I will be happy to just drop by everyday and remove these little buggers with immediate effect in an effort to keep the thread on topic, which is why some of you reported these in the first place.

This way, it will eliminate the reports, and save our Mods, me in particular, extra typing practice, even though I need it!

Cheers to all: Badger50
    pacman-game-over.gif
    For the love of Pete!! Thread cleaned again!
    Can we PLEASE stop with all the unnecessary back-n-forth with these updates!!!! I keep getting reports from various members about constant OT, griping, whining, this that, he said this he said that, and disrespectful and snarky comments CRAP!! So from now on, if I have to action further reports from members that have been repeatedly warned, I will take up the issue with you regarding XDA Rule #2 for member conduct via PM, which can/may result in disciplinary actions regarding your account.

So Please, keep this thread "ON TOPIC" out of respect for the OP, and for all other XDA members. THANK YOU!!

-Regards: Badger50
    I love the tension when an update comes. The anticipation of an update, the climax when it's released and then the oh....that was crap. Cycle restarts.
    Moderator Announcement

I've cleaned this thread from all the off-topic posts and flamings; my cleaning included all timezone "discussions", not-firmware or S21U related posts, attempts to moderate the thread and much more. Actually, I must say I cleaned the thread AGAIN after all the attempts of my team mates @Badger50 and @V0latyle - and the expectations I'd to read here that the thread gets automatically cleaned e.g. in the morning simply shows disrespect to moderators by wasting their valuable time that could be much better used.
    It finally got too much now! I've notified everybody whose post(s) got deleted i.e. everybody should be aware.

I'm requesting my team mates to inform me about anybody who still continues with this type of posting. In turn I'm going to revoke the members write permissions in this thread, initially temporarily for 2 weeks; however, the member will permanently have read permissions i.e. being inform of any firmwarm update. In case of recurring spamming, I'm gradually increasing the write ban to 4 weeks to eventually become permanently. I hope that this friendly warning helps to now keep the thread focussed. Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator